Recent Topics

Ads

Open group crashing

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Poll: Has the WB wide crashing frequency changed?

Yes, its not happening anymore
19%
Yes, its a lot less frequent now
47%
No, its unchanged
34%
Total votes: 32

Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Open group crashing

Post#11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:45 am

xanderous wrote:
Natherul wrote:
xanderous wrote:Today i noticed a crash happening which i thought to be interesting, we was fighting at that keep, the one with the illegal zone behind it, two members of my party chased an enemy player who fled into that illegal zone, everyone in the keep crashed around the same time.

I have to ask, do you think the crash happened because the player in my party got teleported for entering the illegal zone, whilst we were at the keep?
To be perfectly honest I dont know, the crashing should not happen at all and the reason I disabled cross zone invites / joining is due to the fact that its the most prevalent theory as to why its happening (hence I want to confirm or rule it out so I can go deeper into why)

EDIT: stage 2 of testing is IF this has stopped or greatly diminished the crashing to just disable joining / inviting someone in the capitals
If this is the case and cross zoning is responsible for these warband wide crashes, what do you reckon is to be done about that particular illegal zone, technically it could be used as method to provoke a crash, are you guys able to implement any kind of invisible walls to stop people entering the illegal zone?

Not to mention having people run to it, as a method to escape being killed is borderline exploitative.
I doubt its related to illegal zones, and once I can figure out what exactly is causing these wb wide crashes I can start looking at what that code is doing more exactly thats different from the normal case. Thats part of the reason this disable was as huge as it is because if I go in broad I can narrow it afterwards to dispel the notion that its related to a bigger extent.

EDIT: I just realised my code might not get triggered under a certain case and I cant check that right now as Im at work. But its very much possible that the issue might still be the cross zone invites but my snippet of checking is not getting all cases caught, will check into this when I get home

Ads
xanderous

Post#12 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:57 am

Natherul wrote:
xanderous wrote:
If this is the case and cross zoning is responsible for these warband wide crashes, what do you reckon is to be done about that particular illegal zone, technically it could be used as method to provoke a crash, are you guys able to implement any kind of invisible walls to stop people entering the illegal zone?

Not to mention having people run to it, as a method to escape being killed is borderline exploitative.
I doubt its related to illegal zones, and once I can figure out what exactly is causing these wb wide crashes I can start looking at what that code is doing more exactly thats different from the normal case. Thats part of the reason this disable was as huge as it is because if I go in broad I can narrow it afterwards to dispel the notion that its related to a bigger extent.
In the past before the the disable was implemented, I have had cases specifically when joining a wb from a different zone and got an instant crash, no idea if it effected the entire wb as i never thought it at the time to check. Anyway thanks for all your hard work, appreciate ya.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Glorian

Post#13 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:06 am

Please let's wait sometime before posting here.

We had the foreign zone wb crash before on our closed warbands when guildies logged in an joined from Altdorf. So at the next big guild event we want to check if we have the same issues. If it is from foreign zone or just from inviting/joining.

Pumatouch

Post#14 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 am

Last night in Caledor, none other than Tyr himself managed to aggro 2 members of my group to follow him around the back of the keep, into Illegal Area, making them port out. Those 2 travellers made our 6man group crash, no WB involved. Good work Tyr :)
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#15 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 am

Im pretty sure I have a fault of logic in my code disallowing cross zone invites. I will attempt to fix once I am home and if so I will patch server.

Currently I think my code is not triggered if wb leader is in a group "after" the group that has free spots. (Group 1 has free spots and WB leader is in Group 2, 3 or 4) I do apologize for this error

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#16 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Natherul wrote:(Group 1 has free spots and WB leader is in Group 2, 3 or 4) I do apologize for this error
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#17 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Razielhell wrote:
Natherul wrote:(Group 1 has free spots and WB leader is in Group 2, 3 or 4) I do apologize for this error
ah yes, it would do that as well. I got some code in my brain that would fix this, so should be quick for me to address once Im home

MeatlessPage

Post#18 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:20 pm

I can't give much in the way of specifics, but I just had two back-to-back crashes while fighting in Reikland. I was part of an open warband, but I cannot say if that was the cause or the sheer amount of players (it was 200-250 players total).

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#19 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Tonight when there is less action going on there will be a small patch to the server to address my faulty logic. Then the code should be working as intended and either make no difference or help a lot more in regards to crashing

MeatlessPage

Post#20 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Here's hoping. I had two more crashes after my previous post.