Recent Topics

Ads

Open group crashing

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Poll: Has the WB wide crashing frequency changed?

Yes, its not happening anymore
19%
Yes, its a lot less frequent now
47%
No, its unchanged
34%
Total votes: 32

Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Open group crashing

Post#21 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:38 pm

again, keep in mind its only in regards to the entire WB crash issue, not the individual crashing

Ads
navis

Post#22 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:59 pm

I'm not 100% certain, but I've found that if you are indeed wanting to eliminate the chance of crash - to first fly to your zone get flagged for rvr - then close your game right down and reload with your character back and that seems to remove *whatever it is that's bad* old information which could cause the crash..

Pica

Post#23 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 pm

I know this isn't what you're talking about, Natherul, but after the patch I've crashed a lot more in groups than in warbands.

In the course of 2 hours playing on Saturday, 3 of the 6 people in our group crashed about every other/every third scenario. I can't say whether or not it's related, but that amount of crashing wasn't happening before the patch.

Tesq

Post#24 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:29 pm

I tought it was know that the crash is loading dependant, yes avoid different zone join/invite mitigate it but that's only because the issue is linked the first logging; if you fly to another zone even if it' s different and you join the party should not crash unless the ppl which have the issue is alredy grupped in the zone when the rest of the party is.
I think it could solve all the problem at every log teleport all char into 1 zone and then reteleport them to their right location where they logged out
Just to refresh the location so that at least once all the ppl flyed one ( and so thay had refreshed their location).
Also is there any difference between the loggin code and the fly code to put 1 character into the world? Because the problem seems on the logging and nor after flying.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#25 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 am

The fix was deployed during the night, it should now work more as intended.

Lerilla

Post#26 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 am

on monady, keep defending in reikland, 60% of our group crashed many times in a row.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#27 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:21 am

Lerilla wrote:on monady, keep defending in reikland, 60% of our group crashed many times in a row.
Yes, the code was not working as intended monday. it would only trigger if the group lead was in the first party with open slots

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#28 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 am

So to sum up what causes the crashes ;
Either the server sends something that the client doesn't expect or the client expects something it doesn't get?
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#29 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 am

sullemunk wrote:So to sum up what causes the crashes ;
Either the server sends something that the client doesn't expect or the client expects something it doesn't get?
Possibly, could be something else as well, I was just annoyed with the fact that its a thing and I want to try and remedy it and inviting /joining from the capitals where the biggest and most common theory I heard so I thought lets try disabling cross zone invites to start off as then we have a bigger spread and we can narrow it down from there.

Im not even sure this is the cause, but I want to either find it or rule it out with this method.

EDIT: Since the code was not working as intended before but is now I reset the poll.

Tesq

Post#30 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Natherul wrote:
sullemunk wrote:So to sum up what causes the crashes ;
Possibly, could be something else as well, I was just annoyed with the fact that its a thing and I want to try and remedy it and inviting /joining from the capitals where the biggest and most common theory I heard so I thought lets try disabling cross zone invites to start off as then we have a bigger spread and we can narrow it down from there.

Im not even sure this is the cause, but I want to either find it or rule it out with this method.

EDIT: Since the code was not working as intended before but is now I reset the poll.
seems very rare and not linked to join or btw very rare.