Recent Topics

Ads

Are new classes/factions planned?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Are new classes/factions planned?

Post#31 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:20 pm

YezCrusader wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:I want necrons please!
Mate, your in the wrong name for that.

This may be common knowledge, but if you want 40k online action, check https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

It's on Steam too.
You're wrong. The RoR planet is just one that has lost all it's technology. Certainly the space marines or necron will befall the planet we're fighting on and we'll have gauss cannons and lasrifles any day now.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#32 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:43 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:
YezCrusader wrote:

This may be common knowledge, but if you want 40k online action, check https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

It's on Steam too.
You're wrong. The RoR planet is just one that has lost all it's technology. Certainly the space marines or necron will befall the planet we're fighting on and we'll have gauss cannons and lasrifles any day now.

mindchamber001

Post#33 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:43 am

Penril wrote:Suddenly i felt the urge to play Dark Crusade. When is the release date for DoW 3?
Around Q2 2017, if I recall correctly.

Unfortunately the game looks like crap though.
Servant of the Dark Prince

lawfol

Post#34 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:16 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:
YezCrusader wrote:

It's on Steam too.
The Warhammer Fantasy world USED to be set in the 40k universe (not essentially at that date, more likely between 20k and 30k) , but was sepearated by warp storms....maybe even in the eye of terror itself.

If anything Chaos had some 40k weaponry like bolters...but that was essentially just because the Chaos gods were the same...they could not enter the fantasy world but shove such little goodies through the collapsed warp portals.

And later canon totally deleted that even.

And I cant remember ANY mentioning of necrons (enemies of the old ones anyways), but Tyranids could possibly be on the warhammer world (The Maw).

As the very surface of the warhammer world is close to the one of Terra, it is even more unlikely to be an old Necron world...they were transformed by the old ones in such a heavy manner that there is near zero chance of any tombs not being detected/destroyed.

TenTonHammer

Post#35 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Who ever told you this is either trolling you or straight up wrong

The devs can't even modify the client yet, as such the possibly of creating a compleatly new faction is totally non existent atm

LordRayken

Post#36 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:33 am

New classes/factions would be incredibly complex from a server side perspective and a gameplay mechanics perspective.

You'd need to totally and fundamentally change the flow of the game for the new races/classes. If you added in, just, as an example, Lizardmen Warriors or something, where would they start, how would they play, what abilities would they get, how would they interact with all the other races/classes balance wise, etc.

Certainly something the game could need - expansion to current content, but, I think it would take considerable development time.

As for modifying the client, it's not necessary to actually modify the client. If the assets are already in the client, that is.

Thunderforge

Post#37 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 am

As far as I see, we've got dwarfs, so the only thing left needed to do is delete the other races... ;-)

But seriously, it's really great that someone would even host it, especially for free! (I'm surprised GW actually let it happen)
Last edited by Thunderforge on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrang Thunderforge, Fierce Norscan Ironfinder
'Stumpi' Cogwasher, Least Engineer, Recruit 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
KLINKA NA KARAZ - GRUNGA NA GRUNGRON - AZ A NA ANKOR

saupreusse
Developer

Post#38 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 am

Thunderforge wrote:As far as I see, we've got dwarfs, so the only thing left needed to do is delete the other races...
the only thing in this thread that is actually achievable.

Ads
Thunderforge

Post#39 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:51 am

Hahaha!!! X-)
Well I keep killing them, but they keep popping back up!
Thrang Thunderforge, Fierce Norscan Ironfinder
'Stumpi' Cogwasher, Least Engineer, Recruit 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
KLINKA NA KARAZ - GRUNGA NA GRUNGRON - AZ A NA ANKOR

Antalor

Post#40 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:29 am

Of course we will have new classes. I found info about Shadow Lion. It's Shadow Warrior and White Lion splited class with even more def focused. They will have all WL abilities, longbow, 3 lions and heavy armor. It might also have AM's healing abilities.
Please.. more of topics like this ;)
Greetings.
''If we die, we will die wielding our swords and there is no better death for a warrior. We will all sit at Sigmar's banquet like the heroes of old and our names will be remembered in the songs of our people till the end of time.''