Recent Topics

Ads

Are new classes/factions planned?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Are new classes/factions planned?

Post#21 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:04 am

Sry, but a third faction can't happen because the maps are designed for 2 factions. We would need a whole new game design and start from very scratch with nearly everything. The decision, If a game has two or 3 factions must be made in its early days and cannot be changed afterwards.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#22 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:21 am

A 3d faction as NPCs could work. Could even ballance the game durning times were one side completly dominates the other one. As they don't fight for rewards renown or even the campain but rather sabotaging. They wouldn't need their own keeps.

Vittra

Post#23 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:52 am

DeusMechanicus wrote:If I were to visualize a third faction as a possibility, I would see the Vampire Counts teaming up with the Tomb Kings. Maybe make the Chaos Dwarves the 3rd race in the 3rd faction?
Omg yes! But a third faction would require remaking the whole game from scratch.

With that said, I read a discussion were they said that a three-faction game is much easier to balance and have better dynamics, than a two faction game. Like Dark Age of Camelot. Too late now.

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Yes population wise its easier to ballance. But reworking the game to work for a 3d faction is basicly the same as starting over from scratch and making a new game.

Asherdoom

Post#25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:18 pm

i think, instead of a third faction, put the "others" (vampire counts, tomb kings, skavens etc) like NEW zones to explore. They would be hostile races not playble by us but this can expand the world of warhammer fantasy in lore wise side.
So far there is already the Khemr area, they could add more stuff there and Khemri undead are ready to go, maybe introduce new warzone and battlegrounds. As for vampire counts they are a Empire subzone "Sylvani" you can just copy the base of a empire area and make more creepy. Add some human "pale flesh" models and here you got the vampires, as for undead well there are already skeleton spirirts and zombie models in game...

ofc it is just my suggestion!!! :) i dont mean to destroy the actual content or stuff like that :D

Penril

Post#26 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Afterlife92 wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:I want necrons please!
This is Warhammer Fantasy not 40k.
So... no hope for Tyranid monster play? :(

Krieg92

Post#27 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Penril wrote:
Afterlife92 wrote:
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:I want necrons please!
This is Warhammer Fantasy not 40k.
So... no hope for Tyranid monster play? :(
Closest thing to Tyrnaids in WHFB would be Skaven. Cept Skaven are smarter (debatable)

Penril

Post#28 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Suddenly i felt the urge to play Dark Crusade. When is the release date for DoW 3?

On topic: Monster play is the only way i could see a third faction being implemented in this game. That, or pairing Dark Elf + High Elf (because The End Times) and giving them one of the keeps in each lake as a warcamp; then have all 3 factions fight over the remaining keep. PvE remains the same for simplicity sake. Same with SCs.

Not gonna happen though.

Ads
Morf

Post#29 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:03 pm

I have hope some time in the future that the mastermind known as Londo will be able to get skaven working as a 3rd faction as the abilities for them already exist, would no way be a 3rd faction with zones/keeps etc but would open up options for some fun RvR fights.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Grumpbot

Post#30 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:16 pm

As someone who played a lot of Aion (ugh), adding a third NPC faction to the PVP mix really doesn't add much. If you think WAR is a zergfest you can't even imagine what PvPvE in Aion was like.