Recent Topics

Ads

PvP system

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zabis

Re: PvP Ego system

Post#11 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:32 pm

6man groups can also take part in the realm war by cutting off supply lines
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
lilsabin

Post#12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:35 pm

just remember , this is a RVR game , zerg first , give suggestions later

Telen
Suspended

Post#13 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:36 pm

zabis wrote:6man groups can also take part in the realm war by cutting off supply lines
Ive seen time and time again them hanging outside wc near to bos while their keeps falls. They make no effort to take the bo as its not in their interests to stop the keep take when they can keep a steady supply of people coming out for them. Thats the issue rewarding people for purposefully not taking part in the campaign. Ive left a keep siege gone to a bo to find a 6 man next to it not bothering multiple times.

If people want a moba there are plenty of them out there. Ones with much more balanced fights.
Last edited by Telen on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hulkhug

Post#14 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Telen wrote:
hulkhug wrote: No one said that they would gank just solo players, there would be more group fights. Besides, I never understood why solo players complain when they die in rvr. If you run alone in rvr zone better be prepared for loads of things. And this small group could annoy attackers so much that they have to send more people back to help getting backups.
This is an rvr game. What should be encouraged is taking part in the realm war. Taking bos and locking zones. If people are just looking for meaningless ganking there are plenty of games with that. Now a counter with most bos locked or keep taken sure sounds great. You arent special you are part of a realm.
And this should encourage warbands to fight warbands instead of only looking for easy fights. Let me break it up for you: most people want to be/feel special thus popularity of video games. Just because someone plays solo or in a small group does not mean he has no contribution. WH/WE have nothing to do in rvr then because those classes have no place in aoe warbands. RvR is not just warbands vs warbands. There is no meaningless ganking, every person that dies means 1 less person to assist defense or attack on either keep or bo.
Characters: Gladius (RP), Naulin (AM), Beardicus (WP), Hive (BG)
Guild: The Unlikely Plan / TUP

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/phyrexianhulk

adei

Post#15 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:37 pm

I don't really see what the point is, there's a lot of egos on this server and people thinking they are entitled to more than others and think that they have a more valuable opinion than others, the last thing we need is this to add more to this - "stfu brah I'm number 1 on kills"

Also it wouldn't work at all how you might want it to. There will be 2 sets of players on that list.
1) the ever famous people who sit in their small group and never go out without them with fancy heals and guards, never take a fight unless they know they can win and soak up kills from pugs.
2) the ever famous bombing blobs relying on huge numbers to just slaughter the opposition, same applies as the above statement just on a larger scale.

An ego system never works well in games as it just becomes another obstacle that you have to deal with and that people try to use to their advantage. You will see yet more people skirting fights and ganking lowbies and solo players or even larger blobs, the very thing that is trying to be resolved.

On a more personal note its my opinion that warhammer is not a competitive game, we have seen scenes try and be developed and they pretty much fell on their face, there are other games that have a far better competitive aspect about it.

hulkhug

Post#16 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:38 pm

Telen wrote:
zabis wrote:6man groups can also take part in the realm war by cutting off supply lines
Ive seen time and time again them hanging outside wc near to bos while their keeps falls. They make no effort to take the bo as its not in their interests to stop the keep take when they can keep a steady supply of people coming out for them. Thats the issue rewarding people for purposefully not taking part in the campaign. Ive left a keep siege gone to a bo to find a 6 man next to it not bothering multiple times.
That 6man group will not get anything but become a target for another smaller group going for bo.
As I said, this is just part of a solution. Zerging is not only pvp option in this game. Anyone that played official should know that.
Last edited by hulkhug on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Epo

Post#17 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Telen
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:40 pm

hulkhug wrote: That 6man group will not get anything but become a target for another smaller group going for bo.
As I said, this is just part of a solution. Zerging is not only pvp option in this game. Anyone playing official should know that.
This will never be a moba. Mythic made a moba for those players. They didnt like it.
War is realm vs realm. You get ego points by seeing your realm win.
Last edited by Telen on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
hulkhug

Post#19 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:41 pm

adei wrote:I don't really see what the point is, there's a lot of egos on this server and people thinking they are entitled to more than others and think that they have a more valuable opinion than others, the last thing we need is this to add more to this - "stfu brah I'm number 1 on kills"

Also it wouldn't work at all how you might want it to. There will be 2 sets of players on that list.
1) the ever famous people who sit in their small group and never go out without them with fancy heals and guards, never take a fight unless they know they can win and soak up kills from pugs.
2) the ever famous bombing blobs relying on huge numbers to just slaughter the opposition, same applies as the above statement just on a larger scale.

An ego system never works well in games as it just becomes another obstacle that you have to deal with and that people try to use to their advantage. You will see yet more people skirting fights and ganking lowbies and solo players or even larger blobs, the very thing that is trying to be resolved.

On a more personal note its my opinion that warhammer is not a competitive game, we have seen scenes try and be developed and they pretty much fell on their face, there are other games that have a far better competitive aspect about it.
How many people do you see stay in game when they farm up entire set and all items? 10% of those that reached that stage? This is about making sure that people have something to do once MAX armor, lvl is reached. This would be contribution to your own faction/guild, ego contribution true and it would definitely add more tactics. We do not even have warband fights atm as people just change realm when it suits them.... And just to break it to you, ego system always worked and gave people more to do.

hulkhug

Post#20 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:42 pm

Telen wrote:
hulkhug wrote: That 6man group will not get anything but become a target for another smaller group going for bo.
As I said, this is just part of a solution. Zerging is not only pvp option in this game. Anyone playing official should know that.
This will never be a moba. Mythic made a moba for those players. They didnt like it.
And I never want this to be a moba. That moba was disaster. This is just a small part, Warband and keep fights have to be taken care of as well (rewards changed, achievements changed).