Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Career Builder

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zabis

Re: RoR Career Builder

Post#21 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Don't think it's been said, but I don't think core abilities are scaling with the tree you are speccing into.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
noisestorm

Post#22 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:47 pm

zabis wrote:Don't think it's been said, but I don't think core abilities are scaling with the tree you are speccing into.
Core abilities aren't assigned to any tree anyways?

Turino

Post#23 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

noisestorm wrote:
zabis wrote:Don't think it's been said, but I don't think core abilities are scaling with the tree you are speccing into.
Core abilities aren't assigned to any tree anyways?
I think he means Mastery Core Abilities, as opposed to Mastery Optional Abilities.

Yeah, I'm well aware of this. I need to figure out how to get my hands on this data, or get access to the algorithm to make abilities scale. I'd like to make it happen if possible.

taccr

Post#24 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:39 pm

1.) Do not assume that specced tactics are also slotted.
2.) Same as 1. You can only spec for 4 tactics. (Less if you previously selected any core tactics)
3.) Remove the +- signs and make the trees clickable. It takes me way too long to spec especially in the mobile version.
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Turino

Post#25 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:09 pm

taccr wrote:1.) Do not assume that specced tactics are also slotted.
2.) Same as 1. You can only spec for 4 tactics. (Less if you previously selected any core tactics)
3.) Remove the +- signs and make the trees clickable. It takes me way too long to spec especially in the mobile version.
Just to give a general update. I'll be working on points 1 and 2 over this weekend. Hopefully a solution in place by Monday.

Turino

Post#26 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:09 pm

I've finished the first major update of the Career Builder.

- Mastery abilities can now be activated and selected independently of each other
- Whole interface has been given a reskin

I'll be working through some other suggestions/fixes in the next couple of weeks. Such as:

- Updating the abilities inline with Azarael's "Intentional Changes From Live" thread points
- Adding tooltip information about careers and paths
- Adding numbers to the path meters
- Review whether clicking on the path meter is a viable method of changing path points (alongside plus/minus buttons)
- Investigating if it's possible level abilities with mastery path points spent

If you have any further feedback/suggestions, please post a reply on this thread.

If you find any bugs, please submit them directly on Github.

Cheers, T.

Gerv
Banned

Post#27 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:13 am

Love your work mate, good luck with everything.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

CrimsonX

Post#28 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:57 am

Thanks for all your work Turino, very valuable asset to the community.

Ads
Cimba

Post#29 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for all the work you put into it. Since you asked for suggestions there are a two things which I found annoying with the waronlinebuilder.

a) The tooltip values don't consider stats and weapon dps which means they are mostly wrong. To fix this one would need to figure out the stat/dps scaling and pair it with the baseline dmg value. The baseline dmg is unfortunately level dependent but I think the level 40 values are what most people are interested in. I could send you the stat/weapon scaling for slayer, BW, AM and SW with the level 40 dmg values.

b) The tooltip description doesn't represent the ingame mechanic. As far as I know there is no skill in RoR which truely hits "all target's" or "all enemies within X feet". The maximum amount of targets hit by any ability should be 9. This is at least true for damage dealing abilities, maybe someone tested it for debuffs, auras, etc

Dresden
Banned

Post#30 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Yeeah... some browsers can't handle yr new site, nevermind.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q