Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Career Builder

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: RoR Career Builder

Post#11 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Turino wrote:
urururu wrote:thanks!

is there a way to define the tactics in use? sometimes you spec for tactics but don't actually select them.
Apologies but I'm not sure I understand this. Can you explain a little more?
he mean like on warbuilder after you click on tactis you have a separate spot when there is only those 4 tactis you selected from the mastery or core.
It's basically what i suggested too i think.

I will make another report on the bug tracker then for the image, which am image you miss anyway i can provide that.

Ads
Turino

Post#12 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:59 pm

Tesq wrote:
Turino wrote:

is there a way to define the tactics in use? sometimes you spec for tactics but don't actually select them.
Apologies but I'm not sure I understand this. Can you explain a little more?
he mean like on warbuilder after you click on tactis you have a separate spot when there is only those 4 tactis you selected from the mastery or core.
It's basically what i suggested too i think.

I will make another report on the bug tracker then for the image, which am image you miss anyway i can provide that.
Thanks again Tesq. The AM image I'm missing is Rain Lord (from Path of Vaul).

Regarding the info about class mechanics/paths, I found this original WAR guide (go to "1 Warhammer Age of Reckoning Guide Prima" near top of the list). It's a real gem. Definitely lots of info I can pull from there. Although it's so old that there isn't any information for Slayer/Choppa!

Tesq

Post#13 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:20 pm

the rainlord icon is on the github, im downloading the guide, could it be the very first war guide which was also complete with pq etc? Don't know maybe it can have also some useful info about pq, mostly those hidden in ic/dorf and some drops.

edit: naaa never saw that thing, reading now but description are not a lot accurate seems, at least for engi XD
i definetly saw an unofficial guide which was better.

edit2: no need to look elsewhere wikia have all copyed from live
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Career

-click 1 class: the very first lines in new page speak of the classes in general
-scroll down and you have each mastery description

Gerv
Banned

Post#14 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:45 pm

once spec'd for it, you need to select it from the tree, then you will "have it" and will only be able to select 3 more tactics.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

gungnir08

Post#15 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:55 pm

This is a really neat tool. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
Topoheals R40/RR4x AM, Mashing Buttons R40/RR4x WP, Spamming Heals R3x/RR3x RP

Topocurse R40/RR83 Chosen, Topoblades R40/RR7x WE, Toposkull R40/RR6x Zealot <Ere We Go>

Ramasee

Post#16 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:50 am

I will gladly write unbiased, fact-based class overview and path descriptions for each class for you Turino. Just tell me roughly how long you want each to be.

Turino

Post#17 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Ramasee wrote:I will gladly write unbiased, fact-based class overview and path descriptions for each class for you Turino. Just tell me roughly how long you want each to be.
That's very kind mate. I'm hoping Tesq's wiki link (http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Career) will give us what we need. If not I'll send you a PM

Turino

Post#18 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Gerv wrote:

once spec'd for it, you need to select it from the tree, then you will "have it" and will only be able to select 3 more tactics.
I've been giving this some more thought today. You are correct, there is an oversight here. There is a slight difference between "buying" a mastery ability and selecting it (for morales, and more specifically for tactics).

Best interim solution I can think of (without going completely back to the drawing board):

- when you spend enough points, the ability is activated (icon probably goes transparent red)
- when you "buy" it (click #1), icon goes transparent green and a mastery point is deducted from total
- you have to click it again (icon is now active) to actually choose it as one of your morale/tactic quota

Once this is in place, it should all logically work.

I think longer term I'd like to have a summary page once you've saved your build. This will display your tactic/morale choices nicely, and maybe display path points spent in nice bar charts. This could also be the default landing page when a career is shared.

Thoughts? (assuming that made any sort of sense! :D)

Ads
Turino

Post#19 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Is there any appetite/desire out there for me to add Tome tactics as an area? (probably under Core tactics)

Mafti

Post#20 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:44 pm

nice.

missing the renown-builder thingy on the same page?
Gimpoh SnotGobbler - Da Squig Herda
Mugsy - Da Choppa