Recent Topics

Ads

Skavens?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MarwinDexter

Skavens?

Post#1 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Are you thinking about adding Skaven as a playable race? I always wanted them to be playable, We dont need any new classes, just the Skaven races.
Thought on this? Would people like to see them as a race or not?
Last edited by MarwinDexter on Sun May 08, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
onionknight

Re: Scavens?

Post#2 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:38 pm

MarwinDexter wrote:Are you thinking about adding Scaven as a playable race? I always wanted them to be playable, We dont need any new classes, just the Scaven races.
Thought on this? Would people like to see them as a race or not?
The rat race to whom you refer are spelled Skaven.

Dabbart

Post#3 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Personally, I would LOVE to have Skaven widely available. A 3rd realm ganking system could be awesome. For instance, full parties can decide to "switch" to their Skaven counterpart class wise(tank/dps/heal) and then go basically FFA in the Tiers. I know of a few smallish groups that would love this. Not to mention a full WB of skaven running around would be hilarious:P

But I doubt they are high priority by any stretch of the imagination.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sosenj6828

Post#4 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:42 pm

The devs are trying to extract extra armor from game, to make it wear-able, so i think creating whole new race is beyond impossible

grimmASSa

Post#5 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:43 pm

sosenj6828 wrote:The devs are trying to extract extra armor from game, to make it wear-able, so i think creating whole new race is beyond impossible
I think its possible but no one need that

MarwinDexter

Post#6 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Haha, yeah sorry, you are right!

MarwinDexter

Post#7 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Dabbart wrote:Personally, I would LOVE to have Skaven widely available. A 3rd realm ganking system could be awesome. For instance, full parties can decide to "switch" to their Skaven counterpart class wise(tank/dps/heal) and then go basically FFA in the Tiers. I know of a few smallish groups that would love this. Not to mention a full WB of skaven running around would be hilarious:P

Not be able to switch between your char and a Skaven when you want. I mean you shall create a new character, and that character is a Skaven :)

Dabbart

Post#8 » Sun May 08, 2016 5:00 pm

MarwinDexter wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Personally, I would LOVE to have Skaven widely available. A 3rd realm ganking system could be awesome. For instance, full parties can decide to "switch" to their Skaven counterpart class wise(tank/dps/heal) and then go basically FFA in the Tiers. I know of a few smallish groups that would love this. Not to mention a full WB of skaven running around would be hilarious:P

Not be able to switch between your char and a Skaven when you want. I mean you shall create a new character, and that character is a Skaven :)

Well, that's how it was on Live. You just didn't join a 3rd realm. And to lvl a Skaven from 1, would entail far more work than setting a "3rd realm" that was switchable(via tokens, gold, whatever).

Was just a Magic Wand Waving idea:P
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
YUKO

Re: Skavens?

Post#9 » Sun May 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Playable race? Hahahahaha

CzarRedwall

Re: Skavens?

Post#10 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:09 pm

WARNING* wishful thinking below (Read with own caution)

If they know how to extract models from existing NPCs (And rig them), they could extract models off Skaven and use them as armor sets. They could re-use ability icons, and at first introduce Skaven as something akin to 'monster play' in LOTRO.

Instead of a 3rd realm, they could even split the Skaven in half, with one clan siding with Order, and another with Destro. This would save time and work, of course. If ever there were to be another playable race, Skaven would be the most likely since it has the most assets.

Of course, this most likely will never happen (But even a chance in the FAR future would be exciting). Maybe we could recruit some tech-savvy members from the forums and have them work on it aside from the RoR team, perhaps a player addition made by players and non staff that could one day be introduced and then balanced by devs.