Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] The Tier 4 Sets

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Olszewski

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] The Tier 4 Sets

Post#61 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Thank you Genisaurus for the reply : ). Mind storming wut I should and shouldn't do with them at the moment. Another question that many would like to know or idea wut do with thier gold. Will there be a gold wipe and should we spend it now to prepare for T4 gear as in talismans for all chars gear. I posted this here because we talking about the gear of T4.

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#62 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Olszewski wrote:Thank you Genisaurus for the reply : ). Mind storming wut I should and shouldn't do with them at the moment. Another question that many would like to know or idea wut do with thier gold. Will there be a gold wipe and should we spend it now to prepare for T4 gear as in talismans for all chars gear. I posted this here because we talking about the gear of T4.
There are no plans for a gold wipe, and we will avoid it if we can.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#63 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Toldavf wrote:Really I think there should be a conversion because at most it will be about a weeks head start over other players, which is not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.
Or we could disable the conversion for a few weeks, which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things ;)

Toldavf

Post#64 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 pm

magicthighs wrote:
Toldavf wrote:Really I think there should be a conversion because at most it will be about a weeks head start over other players, which is not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.
Or we could disable the conversion for a few weeks, which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things ;)
Either way really. You could even trickle the gear over 5 weeks if you wanted to this would let the more casual players keep up easier. All I can say for sure is really chomping at the bit to get their hands on all the devs hard work and I'm really looking forward to getting the merc set with my mara :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Candide

Post#65 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi,

I guess there is a typo on WH : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1827128912

New Mercenary
+ 187 Strength
+ 50 Toughness
+ 113 Wounds
+ 75 Initiative
+ 5% Parry
+ 2% Dodge
+ 2% Disrupt
+ 52 HP/4s
+ 3% Crit Reduction
>> !! + 2 Middle Tree !! <<

Regards

Shadowgurke

Post#66 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:29 pm

On the BO sets the Merc set has less statpoints than Annihilator. Chosen has 86 Wounds vs 51 Wounds so I assume it's a typo

Marsares

Post#67 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:33 pm

magicthighs wrote:
That would be the fairest option arguably. It allows the people who saved up their emblems/medallions to put them to good use, whilst allowing people who don't have whom stacks of them to catch up before the conversion kicks in, thus preventing major power gaps from happening.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#68 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Candide wrote:Hi,

I guess there is a typo on WH :
>> !! + 2 Middle Tree !! <<

Regards
Thanks for catching this, it's been fixed.
Shadowgurke wrote:On the BO sets the Merc set has less statpoints than Annihilator. Chosen has 86 Wounds vs 51 Wounds so I assume it's a typo
Not really, there's two things in play:
1. Merc vs. Annihilator: One set will have +52 HP/4s, the other will have +3 AP Per Second. These values were based on other items, and determined to be appropriate for this power level. However, both stats are weighted differently. HP/4s is valued at 1 point per 4 HP/4s, where as AP Per Second is valued at 8 points per 1 AP Per Second. As a result, the set with +52 HP/4s has 11 other stat points to spend elsewhere.

2. CO/SM vs Other Tanks: Keeping in line with Mythic's Sovereign redesign, these two classes need far less Weapon Skill than other tanks, as most of their damage is spirit typed. As a result, the weapon skill that was assigned to them has been redistributed to other stats - mostly initiative, but some others. This is especially visible in the Merc set, which as an offensive set has a greater focus on WS for physical damage tanks.

Ads
Shadowgurke

Post#69 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:52 pm

fair enough, I was not complaining about the stat distribution, just thought it was an honest mistake. Thanks for clarifying.

edit: Marauder summary states +1 to the right tree while setbonus states it's +1 middle tree. For Annihilator

th3gatekeeper

Post#70 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:07 pm

Toldavf wrote:
magicthighs wrote:
Either way really. You could even trickle the gear over 5 weeks if you wanted to this would let the more casual players keep up easier. All I can say for sure is really chomping at the bit to get their hands on all the devs hard work and I'm really looking forward to getting the merc set with my mara :P
This is what I think makes the most sense. Im surprised noone commented on my post...

Weeks 1-2: Only Ruin launches.
Weeks 3-6: Other T4 sets are available. Conversion 10:1.
Weeks 7+: Conversion rate dropped to 5:1. Boots/Gloves now drop in RvR/SCs.

This means in the first 2 weeks, people will farm PQs like a BOSS. Week 3 people who wont wait will do 10:1 to get a jump on the gear. Still allows people to get Ruin gear and progress into better tier gear. Then come Week 7+ conversion rate dropped, meaning everyone else will catch up. I think this type of progression would be the best for activity level + economy.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard