Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Vayra

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#21 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:33 am

Shadowgurke wrote:
Jaycub wrote: Forums should be argument based, not merit/experience based.
I generally agree, not in this case however
Jaycub wrote: People that have little or no 6v6 experience in WAR still might have good ideas no reason to tear their ideas down because of that, if they are legitimately dumb/bad it should be easy to tell them why at least :^)
In my opinion, this isn't as much about ideas/arguments as it is about preference.

You would not want to implement the 6v6 Scenario the way people who never play it want it to be
Honestly, I'd probably not implement it the way they say they want anyway. What people want and what they actually enjoy in a game are very often 2 completely different things.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
Penril

Post#22 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:42 am

I vote NO to invisible wall. That's how that SC works. Next people will ask for lava to be removed from Tor Anroc. Also... It is extremely easy to avoid getting punted (hug the rails or walls).

We already have Caledor Woods for 6v6, which is also more rdps friendly anyway. And you cant get punted to your death there.

Bretin

Post#23 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:50 am

for the wall:

- to avoid suicide from ppl which dont like to die
- to avoid certain tanks being picked over others (SM&BO becoming useless)
- to avoid stupid instant kills for 0 effort (bg 5s kd and bye from almost any position)

magter3001

Post#24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:58 am

Jaycub wrote:I'm just programmed to defend free speech as a proud American whenever I can. Our 6 man says the pledge of allegiance before each match, channel the spirit of dead american heroes, and we pray for Trump's inevitable victory over the communists trying to take over our great country.
And you sing patriotic American songs whilst banging your foes' heads against the floor. :twisted:
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

peterthepan3

Post#25 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:02 am

I'm just curious as to whether or not everyone posting 'no' actually conforms to the criteria as per the OT, i.e. 6v6 groups. I have difficulties trying to fathom why any serious 6-man group looking for competitive PvP in this deathmatch would vote for an instagib mechanic.

zabis

Post#26 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:07 am

I vote yes to the wall, as long as you can still punt tanks over the cauldron looking thingy, down to the spawn area.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Jaycub

Post#27 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:10 am

peterthepan3 wrote:I'm just curious as to whether or not everyone posting 'no' actually conforms to the criteria as per the OT, i.e. 6v6 groups. I have difficulties trying to fathom why any serious 6-man group looking for competitive PvP in this deathmatch would vote for an instagib mechanic.
I think it's because EC is a joke SC either way, and isn't seen by some to be a real serious or competitive SC. With a wall it can be a good melee sc, but I don't think we should be endorsing scenarios that blatantly are set up to favor certain archetypes, especially when those archetypes are already under represented.

I hope comments like this don't discourage Ryan from doing things like this, because I do think it is really cool someone on the team is reaching out to the 6v6 community. But I really feel like EC is just a lost cause.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Tklees

Post#28 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:12 am

peterthepan3 wrote:I'm just curious as to whether or not everyone posting 'no' actually conforms to the criteria as per the OT, i.e. 6v6 groups. I have difficulties trying to fathom why any serious 6-man group looking for competitive PvP in this deathmatch would vote for an instagib mechanic.
me and penril are in the same 6 man and disagree on the subject. It does not make either of us wrong or either of us less serious. Its an opinion of individual players. Please refrain from comments like this as when you make them they tend to derail threads. Your opinion has been stated and noted. Others do not have to justify their opinion to you as you are just a player like myself. It is up to the dev team to decide whose opinion to listen to and whose to censor.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Ads
Gachimuchi

Post#29 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:16 am

Jaycub wrote: I think it's because EC is a joke SC either way, and isn't seen by some to be a real serious or competitive SC. With a wall it can be a good melee sc, but I don't think we should be endorsing scenarios that blatantly are set up to favor certain archetypes, especially when those archetypes are already under represented.
Its a beta they'll fix it. :^)

If CW did not have an objective there wouldn't be a need for EC other than a nice change of scenery and some nostalgia. For now its just another place for premades to have their fun in a true deathmatch. If 3-1-2 groups don't think they could compete in EC then they can just blacklist it.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

magter3001

Post#30 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:19 am

We already know how EC was on Live... would be nice to test it with the wall and go from there. If the invisible wall has some unforeseen flaws, then devs can easily remove it.

Adding the wall will give rdps a further disadvantage and remove the advantage BGs have over their order counterparts but given that the scenario is the promised competitive 6v6 that a lot of premades have been asking for since t1, it would be best to cater to that crowd.

I vote YES for the invisible wall.

No point for non-6mans to queue the scenario anyways unless they want to farm their weapons.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)