Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RyanMakara

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#31 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:37 am

Penril wrote: We already have Caledor Woods for 6v6, which is also more rdps friendly anyway. And you cant get punted to your death there.
Actually, you can! You can punt people into warcamp guards when they're overextending.

Ads
navis

Post#32 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:54 am

NO to the wall.

Why = that scenario is enjoyed the way it is already. adding a wall is like butchering the scenario. but if you want to do then it should be done more like a total scenario overhaul because fighting in that tiny area would be miserable, IMO.

Also, there is (and coming in higher ranks) plenty of anti-punt capabilities but this balance may not be 100% the same as is the case in RoR, so the availability of certain Renown abilities and other abilities will need to be in place firstly. (I'm not saying is or isn't implimented at this time, just saying)

Karast

Post#33 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:46 am

I also vote no.

Knock backs are part of that maps design. It was not designed as a competitive 6v6 map. It is just a slightly better version of Ironclad map. A lot of people also enjoy EC for the knock backs. A lot of people don't like it, and a lot of people don't like Tor Anroc either, they do have their fans, and they can get a lot of fun.

EC is also a very bad map for ranged premades, it favors melee heavily. There is very little room to kite.

If we want to do a 6v6 premade only map why not use a different map? There are currently other unused maps that could work well as a premade map. For example BFP is currently not in use, it offers a lot of space to kite, and a few different terrain types. If they flag was removed and kill points boosted slight it would work well.

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#34 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:02 am

Completely against EC as a premade vs premade sc because it pretty much excludes ranged setups.
If we have this forced upon us I vote "yes" in terms of a wall because it has nothing to do with skill to kick sb down there. The serverlag is way heavier than on live and kicks are more of a gamble here.
You know who I am.

Valfaros

Post#35 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:57 am

I vote against a wall.

-There are several safespots lern them or die then
-A wall takes the fun out of the game mode
-This Sc was desined like and a lot of people liked it that way there are a lot of other sc's for compleatly competitive gameplay
-Without a wall you can create intressting gameplay with a precise kick to remove the guard for a longer time
-With the wall tanky grps will fight each other for 15 minutes while not one single player dies which can get borring very quckly, this happend on live already sometimes if both team knew their spots

Whiteork

Post#36 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:29 am

NO to invisible wall.
Penril wrote:I vote NO to invisible wall. That's how that SC works. Next people will ask for lava to be removed from Tor Anroc. Also... It is extremely easy to avoid getting punted (hug the rails or walls).

We already have Caledor Woods for 6v6, which is also more rdps friendly anyway. And you cant get punted to your death there.
Exactly my thoughts.

Adding Eternal Citadel will give melee groups the possibility to play 6vs6. Caledor Woods is a ranged dps scenario.

It is based on skill to see when you are immun to kicks and can move in otherwise dangerous punt zones. (Albeit there is not much skill involved it is scary to see how many players are obviously ignorant of their immunity timers.)

Removing the danger of gettting kicked into the abyss would remove the unique factor from this scenario.
As always, nobody is forced to queue for this sc if they dont want to.

Thanks, Treehit

keldz

Post#37 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:16 am

SC with a lot Melee train , borrrinnnngggg
Izna - CCM

"Cuir Cuir Moustache" - small scale french PvP guild

Scrilian

Post#38 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:23 am

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:Completely against EC as a premade vs premade sc because it pretty much excludes ranged setups.
If we have this forced upon us I vote "yes" in terms of a wall because it has nothing to do with skill to kick sb down there. The serverlag is way heavier than on live and kicks are more of a gamble here.
Agree with the NotWignz gentlemen over here. EC as a medium of competitive premade scene is a bad choice since only like half of the DPS are viable there.
Just leave it a funsie casual 6v6 map without any walls and chose another map for premades only, that's my opinion on the matter.
If your mind is set to make EC a 6v6 premade map, then put a wall there, yes.
Spoiler:
make EC 12v12 premade map :^)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Kolkuth

Post#39 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:48 am

Whiteork wrote: Adding Eternal Citadel will give melee groups the possibility to play 6vs6. Caledor Woods is a ranged dps scenario.
No it's not. Good MDPS teams, making good use of stones & bones on the map, are doing better, because it's current meta.

A real 6v6 should be done on a flat ground without any barriers: EC would probably never be the right place.
CCM : Kolkuuth - Kolkutzz
CCM II : Kolkuth

"Cuir Cuir Moustache" - 6man PvP FR guild
ORvR fights vids

Culdu

Post#40 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:11 am

I really liked EC on live!
First of all, coz it was 6 vs 6. But we allready have Caledor here and the possibility to change any other of the mass of scenarios to 6vs6 in the future.
Second, there is just no guardcamping.
The third point why I liked it was that a clever movement and kicks were much more important than in other Scenarios. If u add a wall there, you change a Scenario where movement and kicks in a very small area were very important, to a sceanrio where kicks and movement is completly irrelevant. It leaves just a confined space for "mass" slaughter. The one with a wall would be much more demanding and a difference to other Scenarios. An that is what it is about, variety! If some people don't like it they don't have to sign it, as I do with High Pass.

So no Wall please.

But as I read the thread here perhaps there should also be a "confined space" scenario. But not by killing EC. Guess our devs could just build a little arena scenario for that.

Greetings Starilas