Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#61 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:41 pm

To be honest I don't really mind Caledor Woods, its just the guards. However, if guards were removed there would need to be made a way to ensure people can't spawn camp (as it stands now, I think you can go back to Order WC?)

EC is the most logical choice for a melee bloodbath, though, and would take less of the devs' time than the implementation of something new. Also, by its definition, EC is a 6v6 map and so if any map were being tailored to appeal to the 6v6 crowd, it is this one (along with Caledor).

Yes its melee-centric, but Caledor Woods is the more ranged friendly of the two (if you have a ranged setup, queue for CW; if melee, queue for EC, etc.)

just food for thought.

Ads
Nameless

Post#62 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:17 pm

there is one significant difference between 6v6 CW and the old WAR community driven 6v6 events.
At CW when you die if your healers cant ress, you could just resspawn and run back, while your group is kitting toward the own spawn point. That remove the harsh penalty of dying and simplify the gameplay of the healers since ressing is not mandatory.
For such SC 6v6 bringing shaman with insta ress is pointless since respawning may be more rewarding than take ress.
So imo around CW spawn should have barrier, no guards, and no respawn when dead, You take ress or stay dead. Hardcore style, otherwise you just have softcore competative mode where noone lose
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

roadkillrobin

Post#63 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Been trying to point out the difference between scenarios and arena deathmatch the whole time. The game has been objective based pvp since launch. 6v6 Scenarios doesn't translate well to Arena Deathmatch coz of the objecives.

Reklaw

Post#64 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Definately for a wall incase this becomes a 6v6 scenario.
if it doesnt, then no wall
CRITICAL ACCLAIM
Reklaw R40 SO - Jabberwocky R40 DoK - Googol R40 MAg - Tinteling R40 MAr - Jabster R41 Chp - Unoffensive R23 SH - Jabbywoo R33 Zealot - Kittycat - Donalduck

Ihavecats R40 WL - Jabber R32 - Species R42 BW - Panini R26 AM - Frailty

Tklees

Post#65 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Bretin wrote:i had an fcking epic idea for the map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUj3VP8UxQ

first few seconds (where you fought the worm).
no terrain, implement 2 spawns similar to grovod and stick to what i suggested before with 30 min, no respawn before all 6 are down and 12 kills max. :P

would love you for that, XOXO
Lost vale is nice I completely agree. Another area would be the platform at the end of bastion stair.
26:40 min mark of the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r-PvP8eOnE
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

roadkillrobin

Post#66 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Arnt the PVE instances being redone with relevant t4 gear? The scenery looks ok for some small scale pvp I agree. But do we really need more content for small scale as they can allready participate in all forms of pvp in the game.

Tklees

Post#67 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:03 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Arnt the PVE instances being redone with relevant t4 gear? The scenery looks ok for some small scale pvp I agree. But do we really need more content for small scale as they can allready participate in all forms of pvp in the game.
the pve instances in t4 had relevant gear.
bastion=anihil
crypts=conq
lost vale=invader
tyrant= somewhere in-between warlord and sov

what small scale lack and what this whole thread is about is a proper, large and flat, area to fight against EACH OTHER. Not an RvR lake. Not a 12v12 SC. Not a flag based 6v6 sc. Not an sc where punt kills can factor in and the area is too small to allow rdps.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

roadkillrobin

Post#68 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:31 pm

I mean relevant gear for endgame. The instances were completly ignored the last years of the game due to how acesseble the new gear became.

What I mean is that 6man can allready participate in all those. "formats" While anything larger only have 1 option. The 6v6 deathmatch format can allready be played by using PVE areas, RVR lakes. And 6v6 objective basrd pvp soon have 2 scenarios aswell.

I guess my concern is more about if the game is gonna derail towards a more 6man orinted game. Coz thats not the WAR I personsally like. And I don't think it was how moast of the game was intended to be played either.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#69 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:39 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I mean relevant gear for endgame. The instances were completly ignored the last years of the game due to how acesseble the new gear became.

What I mean is that 6man can allready participate in all those. "formats" While anything larger only have 1 option. The 6v6 deathmatch format can allready be played by using PVE areas, RVR lakes. And 6v6 objective basrd pvp soon have 2 scenarios aswell.

I guess my concern is more about if the game is gonna derail towards a more 6man orinted game. Coz thats not the WAR I personsally like. And I don't think it was how moast of the game was intended to be played either.
They are talking about creating a scenario out of part of the instances, not re purposing them.

Scenarios have numerous advantages over meeting people in the lakes/PvE zones that have been outlined by many players in the past few 6v6 threads.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Tklees

Post#70 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:45 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I mean relevant gear for endgame. The instances were completly ignored the last years of the game due to how acesseble the new gear became.

ok, well the 90-100 gear isnt coming per the dev team. So PvE gear, which was the best set up until sov buff for a lot of classes, will be on par with end game gear.

And yes 6mans can do all the other formats, except the format that they want which is 6v6. This thread is not about making the game 6v6 based. Its about giving that smaller part of the community a place to do what they like to do. You like RvR, you can do that. Others want to 6v6, why should they not have an area to do this? Because you do not think its what the game was intended to be played as? Slippery slope there.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn