Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Reklaw

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#141 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:56 am

could fill up that abyss and make a brick floor over it, and have a bigger play field like that. You can stil punt people, and those punts would have a bigger meaning if they have to come back up the stairs for example. No need for invisible walls then either ;p
CRITICAL ACCLAIM
Reklaw R40 SO - Jabberwocky R40 DoK - Googol R40 MAg - Tinteling R40 MAr - Jabster R41 Chp - Unoffensive R23 SH - Jabbywoo R33 Zealot - Kittycat - Donalduck

Ihavecats R40 WL - Jabber R32 - Species R42 BW - Panini R26 AM - Frailty

Ads
Nameless

Post#142 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:04 am

Reklaw wrote:could fill up that abyss and make a brick floor over it, and have a bigger play field like that. You can stil punt people, and those punts would have a bigger meaning if they have to come back up the stairs for example. No need for invisible walls then either ;p
or add water there that will slow movement abit which will benefit abit range dps and backline healers so the kbs will still be important but not mandatory winning tool
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#143 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:07 am

EC has the potential to be a great fun sc for randoms only where even engis can shine. Why do we need to adjust it to make it suitable for 6on6 when we have scenarios like reikland hill. Which would enable range setups and just needs its objectives removed. ;)
Right now range setups are inferior anyways and somewhat limited in cw by a lot of LOS breaking pillars/trees. There is no need to punish ranged grps any further by introducing EC as a premade only map.
Reikland hill(s?) would totally do, EC is a waste in my opinion. Give it to the pugs. :)
You know who I am.

RyanMakara

Post#144 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Penril's right actually; no definite decision was made yet during the days this discussion went on. While the 'democratic' view on things may obviously show that the majority of 6 man guilds approve of the wall in the 6v6 Eternal Citadel scenario, we are still contemplating the other suggested measures on this thread. There are indeed better scenarios for a straight-up deathmatch fight, and now that the line of sight for AoE abilities is able to be fixed, there can be other scenarios used for this kind of 6v6 combat. Eternal Citadel has some obvious internal issues, one of them being the pillars that people can be punted into. Adding the wall may even worsen that inherent problem.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#145 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:11 pm

tomato wrote: Guess what, you are a balance moderator.
So if you say you are going to ignore the opinions of one of the most knowledgable guilds it collides directly with your function as balance moderator. (Yes I know you corrected it, but that's how it came across first.)
First of all, if you know he corrected his post, then why are you replying to it as if he hasn't?
Second, it doesn't (edit: create a conflict with his function I mean), because the balance forums aren't functional yet.
Third, the server rules state "The unpaid staff members in our community are responsible for bringing this project to you, at no cost, for your enjoyment. Therefore, when interacting with our staff you will treat them with the utmost respect". I suggest you keep that in mind from now on.

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#146 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:25 pm

RyanMakara wrote:Penril's right actually; no definite decision was made yet during the days this discussion went on. While the 'democratic' view on things may obviously show that the majority of 6 man guilds approve of the wall in the 6v6 Eternal Citadel scenario, we are still contemplating the other suggested measures on this thread. There are indeed better scenarios for a straight-up deathmatch fight, and now that the line of sight for AoE abilities is able to be fixed, there can be other scenarios used for this kind of 6v6 combat. Eternal Citadel has some obvious internal issues, one of them being the pillars that people can be punted into. Adding the wall may even worsen that inherent problem.
RyanMakara wrote: As a means to gather player opinion from the groups that will be playing here, I would like to know from those individuals who play in 6 man premade groups are either for or against the placement of an invisible wall along the Eternal Citadel's playing field, to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Not only do we wish to hear a YES or NO to the idea, we'd also like to hear some constructive arguments as to why we should, or shouldn't, be making this change.
I dont see how normal players can make a decision on implementing a new scenario and this was obviously not what I meant.
One of almost every grp queueing cw expressed his opinion on that matter. The premades democratically DECIDED that having a wall is what they want, what you guys implement in the end is your business.
You know who I am.

RyanMakara

Post#147 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:34 pm

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:
RyanMakara wrote:Penril's right actually; no definite decision was made yet during the days this discussion went on. While the 'democratic' view on things may obviously show that the majority of 6 man guilds approve of the wall in the 6v6 Eternal Citadel scenario, we are still contemplating the other suggested measures on this thread. There are indeed better scenarios for a straight-up deathmatch fight, and now that the line of sight for AoE abilities is able to be fixed, there can be other scenarios used for this kind of 6v6 combat. Eternal Citadel has some obvious internal issues, one of them being the pillars that people can be punted into. Adding the wall may even worsen that inherent problem.
RyanMakara wrote: As a means to gather player opinion from the groups that will be playing here, I would like to know from those individuals who play in 6 man premade groups are either for or against the placement of an invisible wall along the Eternal Citadel's playing field, to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Not only do we wish to hear a YES or NO to the idea, we'd also like to hear some constructive arguments as to why we should, or shouldn't, be making this change.
I dont see how normal players can make a decision on implementing a new scenario and this was obviously not what I meant.
One of almost every grp queueing cw expressed his opinion on that matter. The premades democratically DECIDED that having a wall is what they want, what you guys implement in the end is your business.
You're all normal players, in the end. Those in 6 man guilds will obviously be listened to, and taken more seriously than those who do not partake in 6 man fights, as I had stated in the second part you've quoted. It's just that internal team discussion clashes with the result of this forum discussion, and we have plenty of choices to decide on now. Most likely the wall will be our first test to EC, then later on when we have more client control, the scenario may be subject to change again.

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#148 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:45 pm

As I said, it is your business what you do with the information.
Obviously the fact that EC is not suitable for ranged setups is being ignored, which is your choice, but it is wrong to do so. There is absolutely no need for a 6on6 sc which doesnt allow a certain diversity in setups.
You know who I am.

Ads
StormX2
Game Master

Post#149 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:54 pm

I think as long as there are no Guards to abuse/exploit then were all good to go. I personally have no issue with being punt-able into a death or teleport zone.

papakami

Post#150 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Morf wrote:You just cant win with some ppl Penril.

I was hoping sometime ago that a duel would settle a dispute i had with some of these guys yet winning wasnt enough and received some provocative pm's after.

Think its just best to ignore them, they seem to relish the opportunity to argue or try and make someone look foolish.

Do you have videos of these duels? I'd love to see that.
Myrgo - RP