Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
roadkillrobin

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#51 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Game was never intended to be played as 6vs6 deathmatch.
I can point out a massive flaw with adding a wall to the EC.
EC you generate points by kills right? Extra points for killing marked targets.
What stops people from making a super defensive setup that basicly can't be killed. And without any punts to actually break the group you can't really generate points.

Ads
zumos2

Post#52 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Many voting no I have never seen in a serious 6 man premade. EC isn't the best 6v6 Arena type of scenario, but the addition of the wall would be a nice improvement. A full ranged setup will never have much chance there, but when there is no thread of a knockback healers and maybe 1 rdps comps do have a lot more room to kite as they can move away from the wall. Knockbacks will still be important as you can still easily knock guards or mdps away. Further anyone can argue that knocking people into death is also skill. Yet it is a lot less skill hitting one ability right versus all the coordination and rotations needed to get a kill in a 6v6. Also the position of people on your screen isn't always very accurate by their "real" position, even an argument against the skill of knocking people to their death. Either way I haven't seen many ranged setups be superior to melee trains even in open area, which means that for competative play the EC scenario should work OK, even more so with an invisible wall.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Jaycub

Post#53 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:08 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Game was never intended to be played as 6vs6 deathmatch.
I can point out a massive flaw with adding a wall to the EC.
EC you generate points by kills right? Extra points for killing marked targets.
What stops people from making a super defensive setup that basicly can't be killed. And without any punts to actually break the group you can't really generate points.

Because actually winning via points doesn't matter to the community at large. There would be a huge stigma attached to your guild if you ever did that, you would basically be seen as trolls.

And you don't actually gain anything by winning point wise except emblems, no mmr or ladder ensures that it will continue to not matter as well.

You aren't wrong that it is flawed, but the community will keep it together for now. Moving to objective based scs would be ideal, but most people just want DM.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

roadkillrobin

Post#54 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Thats why i think adding pure deathmatch with last man standing rules would be a much better implementation. Then it's not based on generating points over time or outlasting time.
And it can't be manipulated with iffy group setups either.

Jaycub

Post#55 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:18 pm

I agree
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

RyanMakara

Post#56 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Bretin wrote:oh and as dumb as it might sound to the majority of pugs, Mr. Magicthighs once had an idea in irc... just give us a huge cube without any stones, trees and whatever bullshit which can break los. implement the spawnpoint system of grovod caverns and disable the release button before all 6 man are down. after a max. amount of 12 kills or a timer of 30 minutes let the sc end.

edit: could be all black or white i am sure nobody cares. yet rocks and stones gimp rdps and forces them to come in close range where they can get caught. the release button in a 6vs6 is also just stupid as fck and the safezone aka guards is laughable and abused on default by any group. so just create competitive standards and nobody cares about how the map looks like. personally i dont even need a texture on the ground.
Yeah, these sorts of truly custom scenarios are also being discussed and planned at the moment. There was also a suggestion to add areas like this for the sole sake of 1v1 duels/6v6 practice fights. They're in the works, and I agree they would be really beneficial as we won't have to alter the existing scenarios as much to conform to function the same way.

Kolkuth

Post#57 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:33 pm

RyanMakara wrote: Yeah, these sorts of truly custom scenarios are also being discussed and planned at the moment. There was also a suggestion to add areas like this for the sole sake of 1v1 duels/6v6 practice fights. They're in the works, and I agree they would be really beneficial as we won't have to alter the existing scenarios as much to conform to function the same way.
If such things are planned, then its a very good news for us. I agree with you, no need to change EC or other scenarios then.
CCM : Kolkuuth - Kolkutzz
CCM II : Kolkuth

"Cuir Cuir Moustache" - 6man PvP FR guild
ORvR fights vids

Morf

Post#58 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:35 pm

No to the barrier but let me talk some **** before someone jumps down my throat.

Ec is not a good map for a serious 6v6 period, you are very restricted on what setup you can bring and what approach you take to a fight, i hope the elite/serious 6v6 crowd would agree with me when i say what they want is a deathmatch style scenario with no flags, where you cant escape to the guards, cant use what some ppl would call cheese moves like punting someone over the edge and cant hide behind scenery.
What is needed is a mosh pit that is not to small to a point where you only see melle and isnt to big to a point where a range setup can kite indefinitely.
Im not sure which sc map would fit best but maybe instead of changing EC (because some of us enjoy the sillyness of punting over the edge) how about changing the way caledor woods works and removing the guards ? and leaving EC as a pug and premade sc ?

Also real pro's punt ppl and get them stuck behind the pillars not punt them over the edge :lol:

Edit - for what its worth i hope my suggestion of a duel area in dangerous territory which is closed of with invisible barriers and accessible via a portal in each realms capital city is an idea that hasnt been forgotten, i feel this would solve the duel/6v6 issue unless ppl are concerned about sc numbers ?, and could also lead to more ppl getting involved as they would know where to go for such action.
Last edited by Morf on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
KarlFranz

Post#59 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:41 pm

YES to the wall.

Bretin

Post#60 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:24 pm

i had an fcking epic idea for the map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUj3VP8UxQ

first few seconds (where you fought the worm).
no terrain, implement 2 spawns similar to grovod and stick to what i suggested before with 30 min, no respawn before all 6 are down and 12 kills max. :P

would love you for that, XOXO