Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Luth

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#71 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:54 pm

tomato wrote:Niemand hat die Absicht eine Mauer zu errichten.
Tztz.

I'm for the wall, as in EC without a wall it's virtually impossible to kite.

Ads
tomato

Post#72 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Luth wrote:
Tztz.

My bad D:

roadkillrobin

Post#73 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Tklees. But as I said. They allready have places to do that. Once t4 opens. Even more of em.
We aranged all kinda of 6v6, 12v12 and 24v24 in locked zones back on live. Neither of em is actually an offical format in the game. Scenarios, RVR and City Seiges wich are all offical formats are all objective based. Even dueling was removed in beta. Its pretty obvius that they didn't want straght up deathmatch PvP.
Im not against it either. But i don't think the Scenario platform is the way to implement it as i think it will conflict with the other "formats" in the game. Aslong as they can do RVR, Que for scenarios and possibly que for Deathmatch they will always get moast of the action while soloers and 7+ groups only have 1 option.

That will in the long run turn the game to a 6v6 focused game. Unless their options are regulated. Instead of queing I think a PVP zone would be a better alternative.

RyanMakara

Post#74 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:38 pm

tomato wrote:
Luth wrote:
Tztz.

My bad D:
inb4 "tear down that wall, mister developer" ;)

Tklees

Post#75 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:46 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Tklees. But as I said. They allready have places to do that. Once t4 opens. Even more of em.
We aranged all kinda of 6v6, 12v12 and 24v24 in locked zones back on live. Neither of em is actually an offical format in the game. Scenarios, RVR and City Seiges wich are all offical formats are all objective based. Even dueling was removed in beta. Its pretty obvius that they didn't want straght up deathmatch PvP.
Im not against it either. But i don't think the Scenario platform is the way to implement it as i think it will conflict with the other "formats" in the game. Aslong as they can do RVR, Que for scenarios and possibly que for Deathmatch they will always get moast of the action while soloers and 7+ groups only have 1 option.

That will in the long run turn the game to a 6v6 focused game. Unless their options are regulated. Instead of queing I think a PVP zone would be a better alternative.
except for the fact that you know most of the population does not want to 6v6. While the people who do are a small part of the community. You also make it sound like the 6v6 SC would be all these groups qued for. That is a long que just for one fight. I am done responding as this is not the purpose of this thread, being for or against a wall in EC is. We have both voiced our opinions on the matter. If you want to voice your fear of the game becoming 6v6 based a new thread should be made.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

Ligemar

Post#76 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:14 pm

People who i play with in SC prefer Battle of Praag than Caledor. Also, i didn't like it even it was on live as 12 vs 12 SC.

Sizer

Post#77 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:02 pm

Do people really not remember far back enough to what EC was really like? If organized 2 groups ended up in there they would literally just hug the wall and not move for the rest of the scen.

And of course, that means that 2 dok/wp 2 tank 2 melee groups have even more of an advantage. So if this game is going to move away from groups like that steamrolling every other group composition it seems pretty clear that EC needs walls. It would still be a melee favored scen, but at least with walls you would get a few feet to kite and move around.

An even better option would be to not put it in game at all, as there are FAR better scens to put in, but thats not what this threads about so il leave it at that.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Euan
Suspended

Post#78 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Last time I checked, the 6v6 crowd didn't want Eternal Citadel as their scenario, and so you gave them Caledor woods. I asked Genisaurus for this to be PUG vs PUG scenario and I thought he agreed. I am against the wall becasue positiong was key in this scenario. I do not play characters with punt so there's no selfish motive. They have Caledor woods and we hear cries of no one queueing up for it. Don't do this to Eternal Citadel please.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Ads
DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#79 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:47 pm

RyanMakara wrote: I would like to know from those individuals who play in 6 man premade groups
You know who I am.

mindmelt
Banned

Post#80 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Last edited by mindmelt on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.