Recent Topics

Ads

Mastery Path Calc

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Mastery Path Calc

Post#1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Just a quick question: How is the Mastery Level of an ability calculated?

since you can have 0 points in a mastery and still abilitys seem to gain level throu nomal character levels
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Mastery Path Calc

Post#2 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Core abilities gain 1 level every career level you gain.

Mastery abilities gain 1 level for every career level that you DO NOT gain a mastery point to spend. In other words, at 40, your mastery abilities will be level 25.

Then mastery abilities gain 1 level for every point you have invested in the tree, that does not buy an ability or tactic.

So at level 40 with 9 points in my right tree, all my right-tree abilities will be at level 34.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#3 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:39 pm

thanks, just the info i needed. Having a little something something in the works, so that formula realy helps :D
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:07 pm

sullemunk wrote:thanks, just the info i needed. Having a little something something in the works, so that formula realy helps :D
Level with me here, are you working on a career builder with dynamic tooltips? Because I'm also working on one, provided as a webservice and kept up-to-date by staff. Just going a little slow because of higher priorities, and because pulling tooltip leveling patterns is a pain in the ass.

It would be nice if we weren't duplicating efforts, and I would love for someone to provide a client for my service. That's not my area of expertise.

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#5 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:11 pm

I would happily provide a frontend to any api that would return the masteries, what is that service meant to return exactly?
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#6 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:19 pm

Well, sort of.
I'm currently trying to make an ingame "waronlinebuilder" so ppl can make builds for different classes and see what they want to specc into.
Also it will be possible to hyperlink those builds in chat so others with the addon can review them for and comments or make suggestions for builds..

A little preview so far:

Building a Chosen on a Witch Hunter

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#7 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Hmm.. i don't get the points to add up..
You don't get mastery points from levels 1-10 and 12,14,16,18,20 so thats only 15 points that you get into the mastery s for "free"

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:03 am

sullemunk wrote:Hmm.. i don't get the points to add up..
You don't get mastery points from levels 1-10 and 12,14,16,18,20 so thats only 15 points that you get into the mastery s for "free"
I'm sorry, I was speaking offhand, and I clearly did not do that math right. I'll get you the correct levels as soon as I can.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#9 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:31 am

sullemunk wrote:Well, sort of.
I'm currently trying to make an ingame "waronlinebuilder" so ppl can make builds for different classes and see what they want to specc into.
Also it will be possible to hyperlink those builds in chat so others with the addon can review them for and comments or make suggestions for builds..

A little preview so far:

Building a Chosen on a Witch Hunter
that is really cool

Vaul

Post#10 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:50 am

This is great work mate.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)