Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Loot System Redesign

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Loot System Redesign

Post#11 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:01 am

Annaise16 wrote:An option to encourage keep defenses is to offer loot chests for the losing side at a keep take. The chest would spawn in the warcamp like it did during the old Murderball live event.
That's an card we'll definitely keep close to the chest. We're in the process of getting keep siege equipment working, which will make defending much easier. Coupled with the greater ease of getting kills as a defender than an attacker, and the doubled drop rate of medallions and increased drop rate for gear near keeps, we would hope that defenses will become self-incentivizing.

There's always a worry that if you incentivize keep defenses more than attacks, people will stop attacking in favor of waiting to defend. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but it does slow things down.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:09 am

Valnak wrote: So basically NA players can't get Dev gear.
yep
were basically screwed and shoukd just settle for duelist
unless we play on the week ends

Gerv
Banned

Post#13 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:21 am

Genisaurus wrote: [*]All cultivation seeds and materials will no longer drop.
Better buy all my seeds then.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Fey

Post#14 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:23 am

Excellent work as always.

If there are any seeds that are unavailable after the patch expect to find them for a decent/fair price on the auction house. At least on destruction. I routinely check the house for any seeds that aren't currently posted and put them up. The most I will charge is 6 gold for four 150 seeds, that's fair given the immense amount of time I spend eating dinner and growing ****.

Once T4 is released blue seeds are entirely another issue.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

gungnir08

Post#15 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:27 am

Genisaurus, have you guys ever considered using War Crests instead of splitting the tokens needed for gear between medallions and crests?

Apologies if that question has been addressed already.
Topoheals R40/RR4x AM, Mashing Buttons R40/RR4x WP, Spamming Heals R3x/RR3x RP

Topocurse R40/RR83 Chosen, Topoblades R40/RR7x WE, Toposkull R40/RR6x Zealot <Ere We Go>

Scrilian

Post#16 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:22 am

Genisaurus wrote: Lair boss items will now be BoP again
B..but how am I supposed to get the Axe of the Lady on my 32lvl Slayer from t1 lair in rvr zone :(
I can't buy it coz it literately costs billions of gold and now I can't even hope to farm it with army of lvl10-11 Ironbreaker-alts and send it to my main.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Euan
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:27 am

You can still get the gear if you're ganking. I like the changes, it's so grindy right now I'm glad I've been patient.

I'm glad to see we're going to get rare and very rare items drop. You should never punish everyone for what a few are doing.

Really good patches guys.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

paps

Post#18 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 am

Genisaurus wrote: All cultivation seeds and materials will no longer drop.
how we get them?
God Forgives... I don't!
Gru - Bright Wizard
Plissken - Slayer
Immovable - Ironbreaker
Magtheridon - Shadow Warrior
Luuca wrote:... you forgot that in RoR, you must jump every seconds to exaggerate the Melee Distance Bug.

Ads
Cornerback

Post#19 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:55 am

Genisaurus wrote:
Cornerback wrote:Whats the intention behind removing the medaillon-drops in scenarios?

Forcing people to participate in unbalanced zerg action rather than playing scenarios which are at least a bit balanced?
Frankly, yes. Different activities give different rewards. That was a core principle in Warhammer Online, and I see no reason to change it here. When dungeons are working and Redeye is available, would you also complain about having to do "boring, skill-less PvE" to get the set, instead of PvP? The principle is no different.

It should be good enough that kills in scenarios count toward the kill quests for medallions. Beyond that, like I said, we will be returning RvR sets to keep loot bags once the system is finished and working, which is the current focus for some of the team. Completing your RvR sets will be much easier in the future.
Okay. Then I've got three questions regarding this:

1. Will there also be golden bags if there is little to no defense? Or do they require a defended keep? Because at the current state of the game, keeps are undefended most of the time. Hopefully this will be different with your proposed changes though.

2. Will there be anything like an auto opt-out for people, who already have full devastator, so they don't take the loot bags from people who still need it?

3. Will the devastator part you get be random, so you can get like six helmets in a row from the bags? Or will you get a part you still need? I still remember colelcting Souvereign helmets for my IB in IC/AD back on live. Had like 15 of them.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Tesq

Post#20 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:14 pm

Genisaurus wrote:Nothing so major as new armor sets, I just wanted to give you lovely people ample warning about some upcoming changes to the way loot works.

tl;dr: I've re-written the loot system from scratch, including the way loot tables work for enemies. Virtually none of this work will be visible to players, but it makes our job much easier, and gives us much, MUCH more control over how loot works. Here is the stuff you will see:
  1. Lair Bosses:
    1. Lair boss items will now be BoP again. Items on the AH should remain listed, but they will be bound to whomever buys them. Move your gear soon.
    2. Lair bosses will drop 2 pieces of gear, 100% of the time.
    3. The gear they drop is guaranteed to be usable by at least one member of the party.
  2. PvE:
    1. Rare and Very Rare items will now drop from PvE kills again. Our stance toward botting remains the same; please farm responsibly.
    2. All cultivation seeds and materials will no longer drop.
    3. Trash loot is now based on creature type/subtype. If you see something drop that looks weird, like a human dropping animal guts, please report it on the bugtracker.
    4. Quest items should now only drop from killed creatures if you have the quest active. As usual, the drop rate for quest loot should be 100%. If quest items are not dropping, please file a bug report!
  3. PvP/RvR:
    1. Medallions will no longer drop in scenarios. Their drop rates have been slight increased, and double around keeps and BOs. Additionally, we're working on getting loot chests working on keeps, so gear should come a little quicker in the future.
    2. The drop rate for emblems has been slightly increased. They still only drop in scenarios.
    3. Drop rates for gear (all rarities) is increased in large RvR fights. Drop rates from PvP/RvR kills are higher all around than PvE kills.
Yes!

just 1 thing avoid from lair bosses to be able to drop 2 same itiems please.

Regard the way lair bosses drop gear, also use it for future dungeones, the drops should always be usefull by party ppl, it's alredy random the fact that you have 1/6 chance even after cleaning the boss.
ragarding loot chest also make them happen for defense this is incentive to def keep.