Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tiggo
Former Staff

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Post#41 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:56 pm

on the medailon <-> emblen discussion.

right now there are two quests to obtain medaillons also via scenario with kills. how about a similar quest where you can get emblems via kill quests? so people killing in rvr can actually also obtain emblems and vice versa.

number of kills could be balanced (im not sure where you get more kills/time actually). its easy implemented too and you dont need to change any fundamentals of the game.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#42 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:00 pm

So if i get thigh right, "New Devestator" Is a change to the current Devstator set. and "New Duelist" is a completly new set that you can gain trough scenarios? So basicly i need to start grinding for medalions again to get full Devastator set for healer?????

Tesq

Post#43 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:01 pm

1 point in the case of stalker set, those sets pve side are not the coevalent of the rvr sets, the coevalent are the dungeons set, the coevalent of the devastator for exemple is the redeyes from gunband which for tanks have defensive stats and for dps defensive.(t1 set have no cevalent and the t2 set is in sacellum for destru and his coevalent for order)

Rvr sets were always offensive while pve defensive, this was also an incentive to do some pve and viceversa for each kind of player.

I do not know how this itiemization will behaviour with the dungeons sets but it could be really appreciate in the case of dps healers. I just hope that any set changes regarding end gear will be discuss.( sovreign and tyran).

edit: i do agree on the medalion vs emblem issue rvr sets should be gain through rvr not scenary.

Scenary motivation : weapons
rvr motivation : armors

for me it's alredy hard accept that you can "exploit" the kill quest throught sc instead o the 150 kills in sc.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowgurke

Post#44 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:02 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:So if i get thigh right, "New Devestator" Is a change to the current Devstator set. and "New Duelist" is a completly new set that you can gain trough scenarios? So basicly i need to start grinding for medalions again to get full Devastator set for healer?????
Changes are retroactive which means you will keep your devastator set with new updated stats

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#45 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Rebuke wrote:
Genisaurus wrote:Edited the first post to say that I'll go ahead and add an exchange merchant to swap gear back and forth.
Will you be able to keep the talismans you slotted in the gear when your swap them? Not like the talismans get back in inventory, but stay in the armor you received after swapping.
There is no guarantee that we will be able to let you keep talismans when switching. It's being looked into, but it might not be a possibility at this point in development. We may also only allow switching from the RvR sets to the new ones.

Also be aware that if it's possible to swap back and forth, the costs of the new sets may not remain the same as in the preview.
Tesq wrote:Rvr sets were always offensive whiel pve defensive, this was also an incentive to do some pve and viceversa for each kind of player.
This isn't strictly true (Redeye MR set has STR, WS, and AA speed), though Redeye was a pretty good replacement for Devastator. In any case, when dungeons are implemented, the dungeon sets will also be coming back. This is just another option for players to mix and match.

ThePollie
Banned

Post#46 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Now all I want for my gear is a proper breastplate.

TenTonHammer

Post#47 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Going defensive isnt bad espically if your a dont wanna live for eva choppa

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#48 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 pm

wp current stalker armor sum is wrong.

and am im right: current stalker set is transformed to New Duelist? There is no new Stalker set?
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#49 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Tiggo wrote:wp current stalker armor sum is wrong.

and am im right: current stalker set is transformed to New Duelist? There is no new Stalker set?
Thanks for the heads-up. Also no, Stalker remains the same. The new Duelist set is separate. Stalker is only on the spreadsheet as a convenience, so people can see relative power or theorycraft mixing.

Shadowgurke

Post#50 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:41 pm

can we get a really rough ETA on the sets? Should I start farming Scens already?