Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
taccr

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Post#301 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:23 pm

I was asking because the mara dev 5set is probably one of (if not) the worst set bonus of all of them.
I don't know a single mara that would trade his 14 points sav spec for an unreliable medium armor debuff. You are not just losing your 1.4k armor debuff and draining swipe, your wounds debuffs is also a lot lower and you lose deadly clutch when going for brut.

Meanwhile slayer and WL now have very viable bonuses. If people are actually ok with this so be it - Imo this is far from being balanced but I'm not here to complain. I can't keep track of every single discussion scattered throughout the forum, especially not those that have a "preview" title in the name.
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#302 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:07 pm

taccr wrote:I was asking because the mara dev 5set is probably one of (if not) the worst set bonus of all of them.
I don't know a single mara that would trade his 14 points sav spec for an unreliable medium armor debuff. You are not just losing your 1.4k armor debuff and draining swipe, your wounds debuffs is also a lot lower and you lose deadly clutch when going for brut.

Meanwhile slayer and WL now have very viable bonuses. If people are actually ok with this so be it - Imo this is far from being balanced but I'm not here to complain. I can't keep track of every single discussion scattered throughout the forum, especially not those that have a "preview" title in the name.
Trovalf is one of the Maras I know who is running full deva and he's doing fine with it

It's a niche build for a niche set

You don't need dc if you have a second mdps with inc hd

And the loss of tbs strength isn't that huge when gioutine does 1k or more and tb at 5 pts crits for 1.6k with mutated aggressor

taccr

Post#303 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:43 pm

Yes it's niche build you said it yourself. Should a set bonus only be tailored for a niche build and useless for the other(s)?

You might get some big crits but its far from making me even think about speccing it.
Dropping DC is a bad idea. TC is easily one of the best heal debuffs in game that has an exclusively low cd, is uncleansable by group cleanse and also provides you with healing.
9 points less in sav removes only 104 wounds instead of 140, which is obviously free 360 damage. Not even speaking of the much higher and reliable armor debuff you provide for your party.

Mutated aggressor is on a too high cd, high ap cost and can be severed.
I can only see this really work if you run double mara.

But then again. I understand that I "missed" all those discussions about the set bonuses. I'm fine using the +2 crit inf helmet on my mara. I just think that order mdps gains too much of an advantage from their sets compared to this.
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Tesq

Post#304 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:59 am

the same can be said for armor buff for magus def set, at least with dev i could go rift and still have debuff and anyway have a proc able not cleanseable defbuff.

But armor proc which do not stack with potion its meh... there is really no reason to not let it stack imo.

Anyway about the way you make change: so if enough ppl mass send you 1 change you implement it? ( it's not a crit) but i would like to understand on which basis those proc sets get decide

1- are there to make a class "better" in something
2-offer a different playstile

cos seems some classes have 1 and other have 2, and sometimes classes that should have 1 have 2 like magus.

Anyway as general feedback the ttk seems lowered even more on healer compared to pre dev /duellsit changes, maybe wounds should be increased a little.

TenTonHammer

Post#305 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:01 am

taccr wrote:Yes it's niche build you said it yourself. Should a set bonus only be tailored for a niche build and useless for the other(s)?
well yes its a T3 set designed for a T3 build

At the end of the day were all gonna be specing Brute and sav

you wanna know the funny thing, that build is require 32/40 now i am fairly certian that T3 once T4 is released the max cap for T3 will be 31 which means that this build for a T3 set will not be possible till you get to t4

:V

lator

Post#306 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:09 pm

taccr wrote:Meanwhile slayer and WL now have very viable bonuses. If people are actually ok with this so be it - Imo this is far from being balanced but I'm not here to complain.
Believe me you are not alone with this opinion.
R35RR40 Chosen
R35RR40 Disciple
R35RR40 Marauder
R35RR40 Sorcerer

Antalor

Post#307 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Good job Genisaurus!!
''If we die, we will die wielding our swords and there is no better death for a warrior. We will all sit at Sigmar's banquet like the heroes of old and our names will be remembered in the songs of our people till the end of time.''

Gobtar

Post#308 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:31 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
taccr wrote:Yes it's niche build you said it yourself. Should a set bonus only be tailored for a niche build and useless for the other(s)?
well yes its a T3 set designed for a T3 build

At the end of the day were all gonna be specing Brute and sav

you wanna know the funny thing, that build is require 32/40 now i am fairly certian that T3 once T4 is released the max cap for T3 will be 31 which means that this build for a T3 set will not be possible till you get to t4

:V
Moot point, until Keeps give out bags, no one will have full Dev in tier 3 when tier 4 is launched.

Ads
Tesq

Post#309 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:02 pm

that's exatly what i was talk about some classes seems have set bonuses that make them better instead give them alternative spec.

it should be take a common line for all instead have a mixed situation like this.

@genisaurus anyway will be regen from body working anytime soon? that could help a bit with the survability.

Bignusty

Post#310 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 pm

That AP its just to much for a WL when they can already kill all low armor in almost 3 shot I dont know ! Really AOE detaunt free for WP now AP drain for WL and Mara staying whit this 930 armor debuff not stackable whit our armor debuff ...