Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Styrkarr
Former Staff

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#41 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:33 am

Bretin wrote:for the wall:

- to avoid suicide from ppl which dont like to die
- to avoid certain tanks being picked over others (SM&BO becoming useless)
- to avoid stupid instant kills for 0 effort (bg 5s kd and bye from almost any position)
I vote YES for the wall, for the reasons above.
CCM

Ads
TINYRICK

Post#42 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:46 am

Tklees wrote:I am FOR the wall for the reasons below:

-as stated above it favors certain classes over others in tank choice and healer choice while also allowing for the insta kill of a player with no counter besides proper positioning.
-It is an already melee friendly area and the kiting area is reduced when you can not use half the map for fear of punt death.

another suggestion to improve this SC would be to extend the platform out about another 50-100 feet to make it into a larger area to better help rdps groups balance in. Im not sure if that is possible but I think it would go a long way to opening up the SC to all 6 mans as calador woods pushes the fight onto a flag and the terrain does not favor RDPS due to los issues. A true 6v6 is a death match. Objectives should not factor in.
I agree about platform extension. RDPS will need room to kite and currently, and in T4, it seems the meta will be heavily focused on mdps.
Purify - Zealot <Fusion>
Cleanse - DoK <Fusion>
Lifeline - WP <DoE>
DAoC: Stevie/Desua

Bretin

Post#43 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:02 pm

the amount of ppl talking and voting here seems to be quite higher than the actual amount of ppl participating in CW and running a 6 man group. :^)

Bretin

Post#44 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:08 pm

oh and as dumb as it might sound to the majority of pugs, Mr. Magicthighs once had an idea in irc... just give us a huge cube without any stones, trees and whatever bullshit which can break los. implement the spawnpoint system of grovod caverns and disable the release button before all 6 man are down. after a max. amount of 12 kills or a timer of 30 minutes let the sc end.

edit: could be all black or white i am sure nobody cares. yet rocks and stones gimp rdps and forces them to come in close range where they can get caught. the release button in a 6vs6 is also just stupid as fck and the safezone aka guards is laughable and abused on default by any group. so just create competitive standards and nobody cares about how the map looks like. personally i dont even need a texture on the ground.

Azarael

Post#45 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:19 pm

Bretin wrote:the amount of ppl talking and voting here seems to be quite higher than the actual amount of ppl participating in CW and running a 6 man group. :^)
Also suspected this.

A friendly reminder, yet again, that if you don't play 6v6 scenarios in a 6 man, your opinion is not welcome in this thread. The aim is to target certain scenarios at the 6 man players, and thus it is their opinion, and their opinion alone, that we are interested in. As I do not play in a 6 man, I will also refrain from offering any opinion.

Kolkuth

Post#46 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Bretin wrote:oh and as dumb as it might sound to the majority of pugs, Mr. Magicthighs once had an idea in irc... just give us a huge cube without any stones, trees and whatever bullshit which can break los. implement the spawnpoint system of grovod caverns and disable the release button before all 6 man are down. after a max. amount of 12 kills or a timer of 30 minutes let the sc end.

I (and my mates) totally agree with this.

If having a scenario like this, then EC could be the punt-game it was on live (not a real 6v6).
CCM : Kolkuuth - Kolkutzz
CCM II : Kolkuth

"Cuir Cuir Moustache" - 6man PvP FR guild
ORvR fights vids

greenstoned

Post#47 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:07 pm

while its not my main thing i do join 6v6 as a replacement here and there

i vote yes for the wall, as a rdps this sc is already hell, if on top of it theres a massive zone where i cant go in fear of being death punted then im totally useless
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Bretin wrote:the amount of ppl talking and voting here seems to be quite higher than the actual amount of ppl participating in CW and running a 6 man group. :^)
Agreed.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#49 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Against the wall.....the scenario is horrible to play as ranged dps allready and the risk of getting punted of is the only thing that can keep melee classes from rofl stoming any ranged class.
Scenarios should be about the objectives and the points you generate with those objectves.
If players want a wow style 6vs6 Arena then add that instead. But not as a scenario please.

Jaycub

Post#50 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:50 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: If players want a wow style 6vs6 Arena then add that instead. But not as a scenario please.
While death match style matches are usually regarded as "casual" in most competitive games, on this server it is obvious a much larger portion of the community is in favor of it being the premier competitive mode. If at this point the devs tried to shoehorn objective based scenarios as the only competitive mode I think it wouldn't be good for the already small community.

This game has a long history of players from all skill levels and organization treating every match as if it was a death match ever since SC's were removed from the campaign. And that really isn't helping its image either.

I think once there is a decent amount of 6v6 guilds and a healthy population to support constant pops, the devs could start working on the more complicated process of introducing objective based 6v6 competitive maps. The problem with objective based gameplay is that building those maps and tweaking them to be balanced in comparison to death match is much harder. For instance take reikland factory, destro has access to the rails on their backpoint while order does not, destro also has a faster escape route to guards from mid, and for these 2 things order doesn't have any advantage over destro in terms of map layout. Those are things that wouldn't fly in a hardcore competitive game and would probably have to be fixed.
Spoiler:
The reik example mostly just being BS I came up with to kind of make an in game example, if it where changed back to have the landing but with no cap and guards in original position it would be an absolutely amazing 6v6 objective based map imo
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>