Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#11 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:22 am

voldepoule wrote:I vote NO. EC is not designed to be a serious 6v6 and will never be, even with a wall. The point of the sc is to punt the ennemy and to avoid punts.
If it were never designed to be a serious 6v6 for competitive players...then what was it? I don't see any objective in it.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:25 am

I vote YES for the wall, any points i could have made were already pointed out by peter, yes EC has flaws, the skew towards melee is one of them but stopping the inta death punts address the main flaw wit the sc

Jaycub

Post#13 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:33 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
voldepoule wrote:I vote NO. EC is not designed to be a serious 6v6 and will never be, even with a wall. The point of the sc is to punt the ennemy and to avoid punts.
If it were never designed to be a serious 6v6 for competitive players...then what was it? I don't see any objective in it.
Mythic being completely out of touch with its playerbase, giving us a 6v6 scenario but making it a complete gimmicky joke SC and making access to it limited.

I would keep the SC wall free just to keep it from trying to be something it's not, unless the devs can add onto the scenario in ways like TK suggested.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Vayra

Post#14 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:43 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
It was designed to be a quick team deathmatch SC, and it was super fun to play, even if my sorc was at an extreme disadvantage. My BG and DoK loved it, though.

I haven't gotten around to doing much premade stuff here yet, but I did a lot of it on live, with EC being one of my favourites. So I vote NO to an invisible wall. The reason being that it promotes more situational awareness (ie don't let the enemy IB/BG get between you and the wall), as well as providing additional ways of dealing with a hard to kill target.
Not having the invisible wall allows it to be a more fun option for pug players as well (though they should never be matched against a premade on this map).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Shadowgurke

Post#15 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:52 am

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the Dev specifically mentioned the following in his post.
I'd like to start a discussion for the people who are involved in 6 versus 6 group fights, mostly those in Scenarios.
I know some of you might get this the wrong way, but if you don't play 6v6 then please refrain from deciding the future of said playstyle

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:53 am

Eternal Citadel is THE 6V6 Scenario, i.e. you queue for that, you can expect a challenge. This was most definitely the case on live for when premades didn't want to organise it in the lakes, and queued at the same time.

Any sort of gimmicky cheese factor that can have a direct effect on the outcome of a match designed to promote clever and skilled gameplay - simply by merit of its existence - does not belong in such a setting.

Reesh

Post#17 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:01 am

How about, changing the insta death sectors to lava like ones?

Jaycub

Post#18 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:10 am

Shadowgurke wrote:I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the Dev specifically mentioned the following in his post.
I'd like to start a discussion for the people who are involved in 6 versus 6 group fights, mostly those in Scenarios.
I know some of you might get this the wrong way, but if you don't play 6v6 then please refrain from deciding the future of said playstyle
Forums should be argument based, not merit/experience based.

I know sometimes outside interests can snake into a community and poison it, but if everything is going to be discussed first with the community as a whole I don't see how that could happen. People that have little or no 6v6 experience in WAR still might have good ideas no reason to tear their ideas down because of that, if they are legitimately dumb/bad it should be easy to tell them why at least :^)
Last edited by Jaycub on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Lindisfarne

Post#19 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:17 am

I vote YES for a wall but the only reason im voting yes is because i am almost certain that super punts in the game right now are further than in retail version. In retail, you could stand in the center flag of GoE with no chance of being punted over the walls, but now you can be. If super punt is toned down just a hair then i would change my vote to no wall.

If im wrong and punt is the same as retail then i vote no wall, but im almost certain it is different.

Edit: I just want to add that having no wall there gives RDPS a chance in this SC. (you might be saying wtf are u talking about, bare with me) RDPS and healers can goto the edge of the cliff and hug against the barriers. This makes them immune to punting (almost) and makes it so the melee DPS has to come over towards the abyss to attack you, and when they do, tanks are there to punt them off. If a wall is added it will make it even harder for RDPS to function in that SC.
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Shadowgurke

Post#20 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:29 am

Jaycub wrote: Forums should be argument based, not merit/experience based.
I generally agree, not in this case however
Jaycub wrote: People that have little or no 6v6 experience in WAR still might have good ideas no reason to tear their ideas down because of that, if they are legitimately dumb/bad it should be easy to tell them why at least :^)
In my opinion, this isn't as much about ideas/arguments as it is about preference.

You would not want to implement the 6v6 Scenario the way people who never play it want it to be