Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
marafado
Suspended

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#221 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:59 am

just run the google translate :) "jack of all trades"

m8 i think/hope that ppl focused in 1 specific area can talk with others in another complete diferent area, that is wat the adults do when they have meeting at work/joob :)

*Jack of all trades, master of none

Ads
Powell

Post#222 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Spoiler:
marafado wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:59 am just run the google translate :) "jack of all trades"

m8 i think/hope that ppl focused in 1 specific area can talk with others in another complete diferent area, that is wat the adults do when they have meeting at work/joob :)

*Jack of all trades, master of none
I think everyone has heard of "Jack of all trades, master of none." Just your broken english mixed with you trying to make an effort to be quippy just made your sentence sound like jibberish. It was confusing as to what point you were trying to make. I understand English isn't everyone's first language on this server.

People also debate certain aspects at work and can see things from other perspectives. People at work also work collectively towards a shared goal of the company, not selfishly vying for their own position (usually). And when selfishness arises in a toxic work place it usually becomes unsustainable and not a desired place to work - secondly resulting in quick turnout and poor production. With that said - I would hope someone who takes this game seriously doesn't treat it like a job. This is a hobby and fun should be the main factor, seeing as nobody is making money from this. The whole point of the server, in my opinion, is to have it around as long as possible for people to enjoy this game. If anything I want more people to come and play both sides and have fun. This whole tribal mentality of "me vs you" is unsustainable in the long term.

Secondly if you are unable to master more than one class, that is on you. I wouldn't generalize or apply your limitations to the rest of the populace, even though that might make you feel better in the end. This game isn't rocket science, bud.
Last edited by Powell on Mon May 24, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ishmahel

Post#223 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:12 pm

I had a quick read on the whole discussion (that is huge).
My 2 cents are that is not the fact that ppl can enjoy playng on both size, that can ben understable. The proble, in my opninion, is to avoid loggin in with side X to raise battlefront until citadel or Capital City siege, and then swap to the other realm just to farm their "main" pg. Thi ehaviour is really rubbish, but i fear is not so easy to achieve
Kronas - DOK 40/70
Ishmahel - CHOSEN 40/65

marafado
Suspended

Post#224 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:22 pm

tribal mentality of "me vs you" -> this is wat makes this game fun m8 :) its rvr, if we change this to an farm/progress diferent game, we can find many on pc and moblie phones.

Powell

Post#225 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Spoiler:
marafado wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:22 pm tribal mentality of "me vs you" -> this is wat makes this game fun m8 :) its rvr, if we change this to an farm/progress diferent game, we can find many on pc and moblie phones.
We? I'm not asking for you or me to follow suit on this. This whole side thread between us was discussing realm champions because their input affects the server as whole. I think you lost the plot here bud.

Also if you think your tribal mentality is the only thing making WAR different from other MMOs or video games.... I pity the fool.

RoR has plenty to offer and a super unique experience, dunno what game you have been playing (or half of a game I suppose would be more correct).

Meliannia

Post#226 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm

Powell i dont think it's the understanding of both realms that is the issue, in that i agree with you would be an advantage

a 24hr lock out would not impact on these players understanding.

the issue is a hardcore minority of players USING their access to both sides for their own gain, which can be at the detriment of the wider community. A 'self >all, WoW 2005 attitude.
and then proclaiming how virtuous and essential they are and they 'keep the game going'.

a 24lockout would prevent this use and misuse

A 'Community>Self' EQ 1999 attitude is needed.

Powell

Post#227 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Spoiler:
Meliannia wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm Powell i dont think it's the understanding of both realms that is the issue, in that i agree with you would be an advantage

a 24hr lock out would not impact on these players understanding.

the issue is a hardcore minority of players USING their access to both sides for their own gain, which can be at the detriment of the wider community. A 'self >all, WoW 2005 attitude.
and then proclaiming how virtuous and essential they are and they 'keep the game going'.

a 24lockout would prevent this use and misuse

A 'Community>Self' EQ 1999 attitude is needed.
I could dig it, I can see how some people pushing city on the zerging side for the day would be upset about not getting a city pop when the time came to it. But I agree with you that with a lockout being long, even 4 hours after long in or log off. Would probably help to even out things because people would have to consider not only which side would "help them push" but if they could succeed in getting a city pop when it was all said and done.

I think we agree on this. I was just trying to stay on topic during my little side bar because realm champions were brought up so I thought I might address that.