Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
wonshot

Re: [Engi] Swap Strafing run and Phosphorous Shell, change effects

Post#11 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:04 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm Go crazy. I would go one step further and ask people to think of alternative abilities that could fill the void in 13-pt Rifle (if you really want to keep a hold of SR in some guise...for whatever reason).
Rifleman 13pointer:
Spanner Throw
125 feet range
Two Improvivesed Upgrade Stacks cost
Instant cast
10sec cooldown

"You throw your trusty Spanner at the target dealing 450 psyical damage and removes 2 stacks of "Improvised Upgrade"

Idea and purpose,

Rifle spec is immobile psyical damage based. This ability will serve as a finisher, because of the cooldown and stack cost it cant be spammed and should deal a good chunck of damage because its a 13pointer investment, and has damageoutput cost build in, so it cant be spammed securing several kills in a row but instead focuses on singletarget sniping and finishing, if the enemy lets you setup a full routation of Signalflare -> Snipe -> Incendiary Rounds, standard routation. Adding Spanner Throw as a finisher will lower your Stacks so reward good timing. Instead of using Hip Shot as last bit of instant damage to finish off a target(used for selfpeel with knockback potentially)

Numbers, cost, and mechanic can ofc be tweaked
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
wdesu

Re: [Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

Post#12 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm

13 pt ability should be pretty powerful?
I know, sniper is meant to be stationary and this is making him less so.
  • Take Aim
    60s cooldown
    If you're in 30 ft from Gun Turret, you instantly gain 8-12 stacks of Improvised Upgrades.
    For 10 seconds your range is increased by 40% (100ft -> 140 ft).
    After 10 seconds IU will decay to 0-8 stacks.
The exact amount of IU stacks and range% gained/lost can be tweaked, obviously.

Losing stacks of IU when the fight is moving away from you is painful.
If IU stacks gained can be more than 8, it could be used as a general damage boost. Otherwise, it's mostly a tool to more quickly join the fight with your full damage after building a turret, or to help you kill someone who is running away.

Tesq

Post#13 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Take aim !

30 CD

You take aim and your hit will do 10% more dmg to that target for 15 sec but only 90% dmg to others for 30 sec. The effects will persist even if the target die.

RuffRyder

Post#14 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Throat Shot - You aim for your target's throat, interrupting their current cast and silencing them for 3 seconds, making them unable to use magic or healing abilities. The target also suffers 450 damage.
2s cast - 60s CD - 45 AP - 100 ft

Crazy enough imho but that would make the Mastery almost perfect.

CD and AP can be adjusted.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Glorian

Post#15 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Well as I play the Riflemen Engi for quite some time now I have several ideas that are all build about the same problem.

Rifleman can‘t chase fast targets that are moving away or moving out of sight. Half decent enemies just break line of sight by going simply behind a flagpole or hide behind a rock and keep on grouphealing. Ort hey realize they are being targetted and get out of range.
So I have several Ideas what could be done there.
All more or less similiar abilities other classes have.

Ranged Snare

Ranged Knockdown

Ranged Silencer

Ranged Finisher

Ranged Stagger
Without the removal part ofc.

Well all these are utilities, Ranged Knockdown to be the best of course.

Also possible could be a Rotation Burst upgrade.
Riflemen Full Rotation is: Dot-Dot-Snipe-FF-Hipshot
The Snipe on 100-125ft followed by an emmidiately Focused Fire almost hit at the same time. With some of the Early Dots on Top.
Of course this is leagues away from the 5 second-5 ability sorc death rotation.

Maybe an Endrotation upgrader:

So the Rotation could be Dot-Dot-Shades of Death-Snipe-FF.
So Snipe and FF will hit more and harder.
Last edited by Glorian on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catholicism198

Post#16 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:02 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:25 pm Throat Shot - You aim for your target's throat, interrupting their current cast and silencing them for 3 seconds, making them unable to use magic or healing abilities. The target also suffers 450 damage.
2s cast - 60s CD - 45 AP - 100 ft

Crazy enough imho but that would make the Mastery almost perfect.

CD and AP can be adjusted.
Engineer had one until the final beta:

Pepper Bomb
25 Action Points - 65 ft range - 1s cast - 30s cooldown
You lob a grenade packed full of a noxious choking powder, dealing 150 Corporeal damage to your enemy and silencing them for 5 seconds, making them unable to use magic.

Shades of Death?:

High-Explosive Ammo
25 Action Points - Instant cast - 120s cooldown
You load your gun with a few rounds of special ammunition. For the next 12 seconds, your Gun Blast, Hip Shot, Snipe, and gun autoattacks will also deal an additional 103 damage to all enemies within 20 feet of your target.

Reesh

Post#17 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:02 pm High-Explosive Ammo
25 Action Points - Instant cast - 120s cooldown
You load your gun with a few rounds of special ammunition. For the next 12 seconds, your Gun Blast, Hip Shot, Snipe, and gun autoattacks will also deal an additional 103 damage to all enemies within 20 feet of your target.
Lets forget about AoE component as it's a ST tree and always will be, and just increase the tooltip to match up being effective on single target and we're gucci.

Wiede

Post#18 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 pm

What about something increasing dps instead of Burst... probably some kind of bullet improvements, increasing damage like kisses? Paired with a AA improving tactic? Tinkerish random effects e.g. interrupt with proc, armor ignore on hit-proc, mirroring/doubling debuffs on targets @proc or something
Little bit boring cause WE style, but who knows

Not an engi myself but i love procs
Last edited by Wiede on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#19 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:44 pm

I was going to suggest something like shades of death, instead of something like witchbrew, since they already do something that helps other dps on a priority target with signal flare. Someone already mentioned it though.

Could do something like reckless gamble/funnel power/ hurtin time. Have it do different damage based on range.

Could give them a heal debuff since they dont have one. Though I dont like that idea considering it's the only order dps without one and destruction have magus and sorc without.

I kind of dont think it should be a great ability, maybe just a low damage ST dot that slightly increases dps.

Something cool that wouldnt be balanced and wouldnt happen. Let them summon a second turret for 20 seconds. Or instantly give them 4 turret stacks to a max of 12 for 10 seconds but afterward they lose all of their stacks and cant build stacks for 30 seconds.

Tesq

Post#20 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Idk why some ppl suggesting to mirror bw thing on engi( would be more correct on opposed realm not the same)

Glorian make valid points on target running away and linking some sorc skills. Sorc snare is a valid contender for that spot too. My previusly take aim was also Copypasted from sorc obsessive focus.

Just not mirror rkd / heal debuff, bw and sw alredy have those, rdps on order alredy have enough of those tools, redunfacy so much is not fun and dont make classes unique.

Snare/silence (not 5 sec tough seriusly just 3) could go. I am for cross mirror so any sorc-ish skill not present on bw/sw could go for me.