Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Edenwolf

[Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

Post#1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:57 am

I propose that you swap strafing run and phosphorous shell.

-Phosphorous shell makes more sense in the grenadier tree as it's an aoe dot and does corporeal damage. Can leave as is, it's in a good spot to be a 9 point ability.

-Change strafing run from a pbaoe knockback to a 80ft range aoe that deals aoe damage on a spot you select, applying one hit of high damage with a relatively short cooldown(10 seconds). It wouldn't be as much damage as a full round of ticks from magus firestorm but more of single hit burst type of damage. An added effect can be discussed(of course at the cost of damage).
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Engi] Swap Strafing run and Phosphorous Shell, change effects

Post#2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Strafing run in its current form is an abomination, so I am open for suggestions on how to improve this.

Go nuts.

Please bear in mind that it is in the Rifleman tree, i.e. make suggestions fit thematically with Rifleman.

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (28th September).

Glorian

Post#3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm Strafing run in its current form is an abomination, so I am open for suggestions on how to improve this.

Go nuts.

Please bear in mind that it is in the Rifleman tree, i.e. make suggestions fit thematically with Rifleman.

To clear the Question:
Should the new Strafing run also be something like a Knockback thing or are we completely free to suggest anything?

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Glorian wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm Strafing run in its current form is an abomination, so I am open for suggestions on how to improve this.

Go nuts.

To clear the Question:
Should the new Strafing run also be something like a Knockback thing or are we completely free to suggest anything?
Go crazy. I would go one step further and ask people to think of alternative abilities that could fill the void in 13-pt Rifle (if you really want to keep a hold of SR in some guise...for whatever reason).

Reesh

Re: [Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

Post#5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:55 pm

You wanted it by going crazy...

Since rifleman is the definition of stationary gameplay - ranged 4s root not breakable on damage, but on root breakers, 30s cd.
That would allow to close up the rotation without target breaking los that easily.

Sigimund

Post#6 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Make concussion grenade into a ranged snare and make Strafing Run the ranged KB? That way they don't step on each other's toes and other specs get a ranged ST snare.

zarh

Post#7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm

I know, i know, i know Nuclear launch detected ....
Im kidding.

the Engi its should all about CC area, root, snare, so as you like, why not some debut AOE with short timers on it and not hight dmg like it do.. it should be like a support dps... and nothing more (same for the Magus).

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm

zarh wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm I know, i know, i know Nuclear launch detected ....
Im kidding.

the Engi its should all about CC area, root, snare, so as you like, why not some debut AOE with short timers on it and not hight dmg like it do.. it should be like a support dps... and nothing more (same for the Magus).
It's archetype is damage dealer/DPS; it should be able to function as a DPS first and foremost. That is the end of it.

Please do not derail.

Ads
zarh

Post#9 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm
zarh wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm I know, i know, i know Nuclear launch detected ....
Im kidding.

It's archetype is damage dealer/DPS; it should be able to function as a DPS first and foremost. That is the end of it.

Please do not derail.
so ok Nuclear launch detected ...
so no point to play pure DPS AOE .. its better play CC AOE and DPS ..

dansari

Post#10 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Specifically with Rifleman: Rifleman is the most stationary tree of the three; its purpose is single target damage. Giving it an aoe ability breaks the theme of the tree and it will simply be skipped for other stuff.
<Salt Factory>