Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] No More Helpin, shorter CD

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
TenTonHammer

[Choppa] No More Helpin, shorter CD

Post#1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Identify the issue
Choppa's 2H tree is underwhelming, one of the reasons why is because of the 13 point ability No More Helpin

No More Helpin is an outclassed ability unbefitting of a 13 point ability on an already underwhelming tree.

It has a very long 30 second cool down and requires you to drop rage, something which choppas want to avoid doing and save for abilities like crit debuff and KD

Additionally the bigger issue is it completely being outclassed by BG's soul killer tactic and while the Anguish is not as popular as the Malice+ Lathing FOTM combo, it does not change this fact the Anguish Tree is till very strong and soul killer is a valid choice to bring to pressure healers due to its basically unclenseable nature and triple willpower debuff

Solution

My proposition is to reduce the cooldown of NMH from 30 seconds to 10 seconds similar to WL's thin the herd

I feel this is fair on the grounds that the ability requires rage, exhausts your rage, needs 13 points to spec and requires a 2H

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Choppa] No More Helpin, shorter CD

Post#2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (4th May).

MiauMio

Post#3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:39 pm

seems like a good change to me since the bane of the 2h tree are mostly the long cooldowns. The only good thing about it would be a slightly better burst but with so many drawbacks like not wearing 1h, since they are the stronger weapons, having to skill the entire 2h tree so you are not able to pick up furious choppin' or GTDC etc.
Also i feel like it would take much more than that to make 2h overall more viable than 1h so i can't see how 10s would be overbuffing it by any means.

aa91837

Post#4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:56 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm My proposition is to reduce the cooldown of NMH from 30 seconds to 10 seconds similar to WL's thin the herd
1- WL does not have inc HD :!:
2-Incoming + Outgoing heal debuff with 100% uptime -Too OP :roll:
Nobody on the broken noob class

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:10 pm

aa91837 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:56 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm My proposition is to reduce the cooldown of NMH from 30 seconds to 10 seconds similar to WL's thin the herd
1- WL does not have inc HD :!:

Elaborate on how it would be OP on a 2h Choppa?
Wl doesn't have an incoming, but has access to strongest armor debuff in the game, best frontloaded burst in the game, best mobility of any melee...see where I'm going with this?

Tesq

Post#6 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 pm

The outgoing h debuff per see is not bad or underperformong what make it this way is a series of factors

-13 pt + drop rage.

Both these 2 things togheter make a 13 pt o.heal debuff pretty much underperforming even if cd would be 0.

I think after drop the cd to 10 sec the skill would still need an accessory effect becayae the requisite to drop rage is pretty heavy..
It is better use remove chance to be crit which is = to remove that 50% heal more.
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catholicism198

Post#7 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:15 pm

aa91837 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:56 pm 1- WL does not have inc HD :!:

It really isn't. It's not like you can just charge into battle fully berserk and pop it out at a moments notice- you have to build up rage and then exhaust it, but there are other abilities that are far more useful to exhaust your rage on.
A CD reduction on No More Helpin' would sort of? help the dead mastery, but it would not revitalize it. It needs something more...

*A Witch Elf/Hunter can both have an incoming and outgoing healing debuff without having to invest so heavily into the mastery and they also have their on demand Silence/Knock down, which would make them real healer assassins. Choppas just pales in comparison. Giving them both is far from oped.

Joshwa70

Post#8 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Wl were given an Inc heal debuff...proc on the subj axe they all use.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Maybe increase the AP cost a tad? 20AP's, a light ap surcharge for the reduced cooldown.

Not exactly a spammable, but it does help a class that is very underwhelming compared to both it's mirror and the other mdps order and destro have available.
Last edited by Fallenkezef on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alea iacta est

Fallenkezef

Post#10 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 pm

double post
Alea iacta est