Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] No More Helpin, shorter CD

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Toldavf

Re: [Choppa] No More Helpin, shorter CD

Post#11 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm Identify the issue
Choppa's 2H tree is underwhelming, one of the reasons why is because of the 13 point ability No More Helpin

No More Helpin is an outclassed ability unbefitting of a 13 point ability on an already underwhelming tree.

It has a very long 30 second cool down and requires you to drop rage, something which choppas want to avoid doing and save for abilities like crit debuff and KD

Additionally the bigger issue is it completely being outclassed by BG's soul killer tactic and while the Anguish is not as popular as the Malice+ Lathing FOTM combo, it does not change this fact the Anguish Tree is till very strong and soul killer is a valid choice to bring to pressure healers due to its basically unclenseable nature and triple willpower debuff

Solution

My proposition is to reduce the cooldown of NMH from 30 seconds to 10 seconds similar to WL's thin the herd

I feel this is fair on the grounds that the ability requires rage, exhausts your rage, needs 13 points to spec and requires a 2H
Hmm on one hand this might make anguish less popular, which is kinda undesirable considering its a decent stand alone tree, but on the other hand it's still a bit of a step in the wrong direction for 2handed chopper, the last thing i would want to do when focusing a high mitigation healer is drop 50% of my damage so he heals a bit less.

Having to keep reapplying every 10 seconds means low dps from constant drops OR running what rulez? which is considered by most to be suicide for a grouped chopper.

For my book the weakness in the 2 handed trees are due to the fact that the skills you buy basically stop you playing your class or mechanic properly and effectively.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:00 am

Toldavf wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 pm Having to keep reapplying every 10 seconds means low dps from constant drops OR running what rulez? which is considered by most to be suicide for a grouped chopper.
Its not as bad since you can use it either furious or berserk

if had a choice i would pick to remove the rage drop requirement but keep it at a 20-30s CD but iirc Az once told me the rage/weapon requirements cant be removed

Toldavf

Post#13 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:14 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:00 am
Toldavf wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:18 pm Having to keep reapplying every 10 seconds means low dps from constant drops OR running what rulez? which is considered by most to be suicide for a grouped chopper.
Its not as bad since you can use it either furious or berserk

if had a choice i would pick to remove the rage drop requirement but keep it at a 20-30s CD but iirc Az once told me the rage/weapon requirements cant be removed
See that would be my choice for the skills you spec also i mean you spec um so they should be good, i was toying with the idea of selectively applying wot rules to certain skills behind the scenes.

It would of been a dodgy work around though as they aren't usable in green and have more damage than they should in yellow so its a bit of a dead end without being able to change what needs rage and what doesn't.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

witchdoctor

Re: [Choppa] No More Helpin, shorter CD [Close Date: 4th May]

Post#14 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm

First, Thx to TenTon for reading my locked proposal and open this one 2 hours later :lol: :D Anyway, just the Progress Counts.

I dont get the Problem in the last 3-4 Posts. If you dont want, that Exhausting blows quit your rage, there are 1.5 tactics to prevent that^^(i count "wear em down" as 0.5 becasue it's a 50% chance) 8-)

So that can not be an Argument for me :roll:

For myself i'd wish that more Choppas Play with exhausting blows (at least when focused) so they would be less glasscannon :lol:

brutalll02

Post#15 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 pm

Make it not drop rage, and 15 sec cd? maybe 20...
TUP

Darosh
Banned

Post#16 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Take into account CD reductions, even if not viable... they are available.

• 25% CD on finishers, tactic.
• CF (-5s), ability.
• ST equivalent (-5s), tactic.

I dunno whether CF+ST stack, but the -25% reduction does ~ whereby hard reduction is applied before percentage based reduction.

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Time's up!

Thanks for discussion.

dansari

Post#18 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:51 am

Implemented.
<Salt Factory>

Ads