Recent Topics

Ads

Heaven's Blade

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
peterthepan3

Re: Heaven's Blade

Post#121 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:07 pm

But it is claimed to be overperforming in rvr for bw, not for small-scale spirit damage classes (unless I am mistaken, and someone deems SM/AM/WP damage too high...)
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
live4treasure

Post#122 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:11 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:But it is claimed to be overperforming in rvr for bw, not for small-scale spirit damage classes.
Yes, but the mod asked about what is the average resist for people, so I was answering.
Last edited by live4treasure on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Martok

Post#123 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Everyone please just ignore post number 116. It was out of line and I firmly believe does not constitute any form of general reflection upon the player base at large.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Zintair

Post#124 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:15 pm

First it's pretty clear that any type of resist stacking as has been said is dead. This crushes me as I just made my SM for this gimmick but what can you do.

So I bring to the table 2 points I wish to convey regarding how SM and HB need to move forward.

1) without the resist stacking the SM is now garbage tier imo. They bring little to nothing new to the table you can't get from a better class especially tank. Group utility wise edit

Spec
Protection of hoeth / WW / crashing wave
Core
Blurring shock / disorient / niche AoE kb

Very very very very little group utility. I truly propose a major class rework before this nerf happens. The class brings next to nothing else to the table besides it's DPS capabilities which are now gone.

Please consider a full class rework or at least a hoeth / vaul rework.

2) if only heavens blade had to change

Heavens Blade - increases all damage against affected targets by X% maybe 10? So as to keep in the spirit of what the buff was doing but not make it double resist debuff just a flat damage increased from all sources.

Imo something like this only way to keep the SM in a semi decent state with the current mastery options and still be invited to a group.
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

vouzou

Post#125 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Penril wrote:That was kinda the idea at first, but since i received confirmation that there is indeed tri-stack for spirit, a dev tested it and apparently spirit resist can be debuffed by 800+.

I think we might be approaching this the wrong way. I have a couple questions:

1) What is the average Spirit resist a player usually has?
2) What debuff value sounds reasonable to you and why? 400? 600? 900?

Maybe once we agree on those things we can come up with a better proposal.
Average is about 600-700 with chosen aura.
Best debuff value is 400
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Penril

Post#126 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:19 pm

I kinda liked the "Signal Flare" suggestion. Also liked the idea of changing the skill so it doesn't proc off AoE; maybe that's the best way to preserve viability in small scale and removing its power in large scale. If it were up to me I would leave the stacking as long as it only procs on your offensive target, and maybe even change WoH in the same way.

Collateral

Post#127 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Zintair wrote:Heavens Blade - increases all damage against affected targets by X% maybe 10? So as to keep in the spirit of what the buff was doing but not make it double resist debuff just a flat damage increased from all sources.

Imo something like this only way to keep the SM in a semi decent state with the current mastery options and still be invited to a group.
Do you understand the effect this would have in rvr? This would be even stronger than the current situation of triple stacking :D

Zintair

Post#128 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Collateral wrote:
Zintair wrote:Heavens Blade - increases all damage against affected targets by X% maybe 10? So as to keep in the spirit of what the buff was doing but not make it double resist debuff just a flat damage increased from all sources.

Do you understand the effect this would have in rvr? This would be even stronger than the current situation of triple stacking :D
How do you figure? And it's literally what penril said he liked. I just went back and read Volgs post and the signal flare one is 10% added dmg to effected targets

Keep in mind 10 was just a number I threw out there.
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

Ads
Osrim

Post#129 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:24 pm

How about Kotbs loose debuff, would give more room for SM in groups that way. :idea:

Tesq

Post#130 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Spoiler:
Zintair wrote:First it's pretty clear that any type of resist stacking as has been said is dead. This crushes me as I just made my SM for this gimmick but what can you do.

So I bring to the table 2 points I wish to convey regarding how SM and HB need to move forward.

1) without the resist stacking the SM is now garbage tier imo. They bring little to nothing new to the table you can't get from a better class especially tank. Group utility wise edit

Spec
Protection of hoeth / WW / crashing wave
Core
Blurring shock / disorient / niche AoE kb

Very very very very little group utility. I truly propose a major class rework before this nerf happens. The class brings next to nothing else to the table besides it's DPS capabilities which are now gone.

Please consider a full class rework or at least a hoeth / vaul rework.

2) if only heavens blade had to change

Heavens Blade - increases all damage against affected targets by X% maybe 10? So as to keep in the spirit of what the buff was doing but not make it double resist debuff just a flat damage increased from all sources.

because:

aoe punt
""""50% """cast time increase
crit proc
5 sec group-wide CD decrease
25% ST crit debuff
4 Sec group CC immunity
all stats stat steals

most of it in 1 build + best tank panic button in game + best dmg tank in game is no group support right?