Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Rune of Battle

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Foltestik

Re: [RP] Rune of Battle

Post#31 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Spoiler:
noone cleance it, as tank you dont have time to found sameone to sever blessing, you just click on target next to your sorc/dps and do same ****.

btw if you wanna put equal on zealot rp dps abilities, what about change for exemple rituals to be same, RP have much better one
We are not discussing that in this thread. Stick to RoB or don't post at all.

Ads
Cimba

Post#32 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Penril wrote:Still, RoB can be severed, and you can always CC anyone who has it on him (superpunt him) or just kite away, so the increased range from EB is not an issue now that I think about it.
I dont think severing RoB is realistic when its done right.Afaik Sever Blessing isn't undefenable as some people argued it was one live. Put it on a high avoidance tank with some hots layered on top and it will be virtually impossible to get through during the duration.

Also punting the target is kind of unrealistic. When you use high CD abilities like the current RoB you make sure that stuff like that doesnt happen. If it does than it's a clear a misplay. Also kiting is awfully imited in lord rooms.

wwright72

Post#33 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Yeah severing your rune is a possibility. But your much more likely to get eye-shot by an angry SW while channeling CA then for RoB to get purged. :3

Functionally RoB is superior to CA as long as you don't mind rolling with a team and if its gonna have a >50% uptime some negative aspect should contrast that.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Collateral

Post#34 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Exactly what Cimba said. It's just unrealistic to be concerned about severing it, or punting the tank (with so much CC going on it's highly likely he will be immune). You won't be using this ability in a small scale environment, I'm pretty sure. Hence me not to being concerned about removing it, in any way. You will use it in a bomb warband, and the chances of wasting the ability are almost zero.

BreezeKicker

Post#35 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:59 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I think option 2, redcing RoB CD and reduce RoB uptime would be the best choise.
10 sec duration. 20 sec CD

BUT

I also wanna remind that in the right group comp a dps RP have much higher crit chance from buffs and also better uptime on CD reduction aswell wich make it easier for RP to crit then Zealot.

SM for CD reducer.
Kotbs for DT
SW for for LS

And also getting bonuses from off groups AM MoM and Kotbs Eencourage Aim.
Destro can get the same INI debuff via bellows and/or sorc which is not tied to a specific area like MoM is [So can order with sm really] and offensive crit can be covered by BG [ye it is active instead of passive but the option to increase the crit for application is there]

So the only real Advantage is DT + LS combo. That is if you forget about IB crit buff, which is a thing too but everyone pays attention to DT and LS only
roadkillrobin wrote:Also needs to take into account that that Rune of Nullification stacks with Now's Our Chance aswell, while Changers Touch doesn't stack with Discordant Turbelence which might also be a problematic factor if RoN procs to easy.
They stack because rune in incoming and NoCH is outgoing, while both zealot tac and chosen aura are incoming

Also Keep in mind that zealot can AoE debuff corp resist and armor alongside applying heal debuff [Since they already assuming dps/utility spot, adding another AoE skill + tac shouldn't be an issue]
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR

Scrilian

Post#36 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:54 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I think option 2, redcing RoB CD and reduce RoB uptime would be the best choise.
10 sec duration. 20 sec CD

BUT

I also wanna remind that in the right group comp a dps RP have much higher crit chance from buffs and also better uptime on CD reduction aswell wich make it easier for RP to crit then Zealot.

SM for CD reducer.
Kotbs for DT
SW for for LS

And also geetting bonuses from off groups AM MoM and Kotbs Eencourage Aim.
That's pretty much debunks itself since the crit levels of order are nerfed across the board and are considered appropriate for the tactic slot they take now.
No clue how this is relevant in regards to buffing the useless dps-RP, who is a waste of guards and heals, heck, even Spinning Axe WL with subj weapon would be more useful :mrgreen:
If it's not dps-RP but a regular healing one - to perform this 2sec slow cast in the middle of battle when you need to put a hot on everyone, besides direct healing, while sacrificing another tactic slot on a rather starved for tactics class - no time and worth at all.

WW trick is gimmicky at best and requires the wb to actually survive for that long. Most engagements are decided in the first 10-15s unless its a BO-keep funnel.
I'd rather see this ability changed to instant cast aoe buff, that either leeches hp x3 of the damage dealt, or just plain aoe hot on the target.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Collateral

Post#37 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:09 pm

The ability is pretty pointless as it is. And if anything, as I said it can be used in certain scenarios only.

navis

Post#38 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:49 pm

If anything is done, I suggest to not change range of it, IMHO it does nothing for the issue at hand. In fact any changes to RoB probably should probably be balanced just in it's own right.
I would prefer to explore options related to being being setback or interupted, which affects the RP to find success with any non-instant ability, in order to effectuate healing or DPS.

just my 2c.
thx

Ads
Jaycub

Post#39 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Zealot heal debuff is 10 seconds, unless my buffhead is wrong? it displays as a 10 sec debuff. 5 seconds is way too short that it defeats the purpose.

As far as rune of battle, we considered running it on our heal RP when we were trying to run a group with DPS that lack HD, I believe it was double WL and our engineer +2bw pug vacuum group that was the most fun I think I ever had on this game. The cooldown was way too long in practice and we all pretty much knew that before even trying it out. The problem with crit was alleviated by the old knight 20% crit and, and SM ini debuff in double WL group. plus the RP could stay in harbringer for a few seconds to get the proc with assist macro and buffhead checking for it. Obviously it's a pretty high level strategy in terms of organization/communication and little pay off but I think we could of made it sort of work with a 30 sec CD.

It was good with magnet, but it didn't sync up because magnet was up twice as fast so we used RoB only when magnet and turret KD were up at the same time.

With 10 sec HD and 30 sec CD I think it will be very viable for bomb group centered around magnet, and you wont even have to play the RP as DPS.
Spoiler:
AM has the same ability with the same exact problem if you want to knock that out as well, the 13pt ability in middle tree. Same synergy with a proc, however it's the blessing removal instead of HD. I could see magnet groups running AM/RP with both these AoE damage buff spells w/ tactic to good effectiveness.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Penril

Post#40 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:32 pm

- Rune of battle cooldown cut to 30s ability is unaffected by cooldown reduction abilities.
- Rune of Nullification duration increased to 10s
- Rune of Fate cooldown reduced to 20s