Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Rune of Battle

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Penril

Re: [RP] Rune of Battle

Post#21 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Still, RoB can be severed, and you can always CC anyone who has it on him (superpunt him) or just kite away, so the increased range from EB is not an issue now that I think about it. 1 minute CD feels ridiculously long (I despise any skill that has a Cd longer than 1m tbh). Maybe we can start with a 30s CD (and a reduced duration... 6s? 10?) and test from there.

Ads
Collateral

Post#22 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Yea increased range seems relatively powerful. If I can could chim in, I think that putting it on a 20 second cd is pointless. With SM you will have it on 100% uptime that way. A 25 second cd seems ok. But any way you put it, you would need a SM in your group to maximize the potential no? Generally imo, every skill with a cd longer than 30s is bad. And 1 minute for this kind of skill is pretty bad. So absolutely reduce the cd. In any case, the only time I see this skill being used is when WW is up and you are pushing, or in very long keep battles. So it's obviously not meant to be a skill you can spam, but that's used in certain situations.

Penril

Post#23 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Don't forget that a reduced CD will almost surely come together with a reduced duration. Don't expect it to last 15s with a 25s CD.

Collateral

Post#24 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Then it seems ok to me. A 10s duration is decently long. As for being able to sever it, I doubt that happens often in large zerg fights tbh. No one has the time to look at buffs on your enemies and start severing blessings when there's so much more happening (you don't even have to think about kiting). And with so many different buffs, how can you be sure you will sever exactly that one?

wwright72

Post#25 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Collateral wrote:every skill with a cd longer than 30s is bad. And 1 minute for this kind of skill is pretty bad. So absolutely reduce the cd. In any case, the only time I see this skill being used is when WW is up and you are pushing, or in very long keep battles. So it's obviously not meant to be a skill you can spam, but that's used in certain situations.
I'm inclined to agree with Collateral 1 min is simply too long. But, I RoB posses no risk to use like CA does being its a channeled skill with a 80ft range(putting you well within the ranged "danger zone"). I'd suggest knocking down the CD to 30 secs and changing the range to 70-80ft, maybe even less considering you don't have to channel it meaning you can put it on your local "turtle-tank" and bugger off.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Penril

Post#26 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Good suggestions, keep them coming. At least I think we all agree that 1 minute is ridiculous.

Collateral

Post#27 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:34 pm

But Torque, do you really go around in a warband severing blessings? I know I rarely use it tbh, perhaps I should use it more, but with low str on a tank it's not like you have a 100% chance to do it. Not to even mention cycling through enemies n a giant blob, and checking who has which buffs and what not. For me personally that's not a legitimate concern.

wwright72

Post#28 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:36 pm

I myself don't have a BiS gear dpsruni, whats the min/max dmg range on RoB ticks?
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Ads
Penril

Post#29 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:37 pm

I know I always, ALWAYS use Sever Blessing/Shatter enchantment. I can't be the only one, right? If you are that worried about RoB in a WB situation, you can configure Buffhead to show it every time it is up, and then have your Chosen/WEs sever blessing on the target. How many blessings can he have anyway? IB, RP and WP buffs are the only ones that come to mind. Mayyyybe some of the KotBS self-buffs if RoB is put on one (but other than that, KotBS group buffs usually come from tactics/auras and can't be severed).

Am I missing something? I believe the rest are all enchantments.

Collateral

Post#30 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:45 pm

I do use it, but again, it's not something you can spam, so you have to choose targets inside a blob (plus focus on other things like challenge/taunt/HTL/other buffs and debuffs you might have, especially on a BO, following and listening to the leader, watching the flanks and so on). And as I said, going through every enemy and checking their buffhead is not something I do very often. There are only a couple buffs I have displayed anyway, that are more important than this I think. But I might put it on if you change the ability.