Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Path of Witchcraft Abilities

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Athergic

Re: [Zealot] Path of Witchcraft Abilities

Post#21 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:19 am

I'm finding the slow from storm of ravens to actually be pretty nice, even if you get one tick from it, it still results in a 3 second slow, which is beneficial to kiting and the mobile spec I play.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
wwright72

Post#22 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Suggestion for new Ritual of Superiority; All group members within 100 feet are unaffected by snares and are granted 10% increased movement speed.
Thoughts?
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

wwright72

Post#23 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
wwright72 wrote:Suggestion for new Ritual of Superiority; All group members within 100 feet are unaffected by snares and are granted 10% increased movement speed.
Thoughts?
ahahahahahahahaha.......
Just brainstorming :/
Idrinth's WAR Tools

wwright72

Post#24 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Spoiler:
wwright72 wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
wwright72 wrote:Suggestion for new Ritual of Superiority; All group members within 100 feet are unaffected by snares and are granted 10% increased movement speed.
Thoughts?
ahahahahahahahaha.......
Just brainstorming :/
Im guessing the movement speed part is op?
Last edited by wwright72 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Jaycub

Post#25 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Would be insanely OP even at half of what you suggest. Especially considering heal zealots would be taking full advantage if it. Imo heal Z and RP are easily the best healers in the game if not a bit overturned thanks to a few tactics.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

wwright72

Post#26 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:25 pm

The way I see it, innervation is dmg, lunacy is healing, Superiority should be some sort of utility. Because currently lunacy and Superiority both fill the healing role. So, what other utility would be not over-tuned, would not benefit healing specs, and could also compete with innervation ritual?
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Jaycub

Post#27 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 am

I've had a bit of time to test for myself MoM at a keep defense, and on a friend healing himself on RP.

In my gear on a target with no debuff to corp the damage is usually around 350, with debuffs 425 as torq said.

However the ability cannot crit, and isn't flagged for being able to proc. So it cannot be used to proc your HD, and cannot be used in conjunction with transference, or Sorc buffs. There also seems to be an ICD (cant say for certain but I'm almost positive) which is also gimping the skill. This is what is killing it for me. The move cast change seems like a really good compromise otherwise.

Hopefully the other 2 zealots that regularly play DPS besides lortie post their thoughts here, was able to talk for a time with one of them and learned some interesting things.

Dealing with balance on something like DPS Z seems a bit clumsy because of how few of them there are, and even fewer wanting to discuss. Still only on page 3 :^(.

Jaycub

Post#28 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:56 am

Torquemadra wrote:it has, as stated, a 1s icd.

Your itemisation suggests you are bridging between offense and defence, mine is glass cannon. When I place MoM on a target, usually a RP or WP they tend to die soon after, its particularly satisfying to screw over RPs healing on the move, chase, movecast MoM, and snare channel Storm of Ravens. I find it situational perhaps but effective.

Clunky is something it, along with soulfire, is stuck with as cast time cannot be altered at this point.

I will likely be putting 10% disrupt strikethrough into transference/efficient runecarving.
It's good to hear you are still working on changes for the class, was wondering if the RvR stuff would be taking all your time. My thoughts on this might be a little off or lazy because I'm working on BG more than anything, but I wanted to bump the thread at least and see if it could restart some discussion.

Ads
Foomy44

Post#29 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 am

So it's intentional that MoM doesn't work with transference? Was looking forward to that interaction 8-(
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#30 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 am

Making MoM ticks crittable will make me happy
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza