Recent Topics

Ads

Assault Stance: Dodge/Parry Strikethrough

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
daniilpb

Re: Assault Stance: Dodge/Parry Strikethrough

Post#31 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I don't really know if we need any kind of feedback but I've tested these changes. So if anyone wants to read it, you are welcome.
Spoiler:
So as I said I've tested assault sw in different situations (1v1 / orvr / 6v6). Sadly I can't say that something great happened. There are some improvements in situations of 1v1 against melee enemies. AA haste and extra parry help with tough targets and again mostly against melee ones because in that situation you have lots of time to fight them and use these bonuses. In other cases things still go bad, sometimes even worse. Now you just can't run around in assault stance because of dodge debuff. It's too dangerous to give enemy SHs +10% dodge strikethrough.
In the orvr and 6v6 your damage is still very low (one trick m2 pony isn't an option). You can't compete with any other mdps or rdps today, even full skirmish sw is much more superior and useful for party: range + rkd + better damage without any downsides. Some may say that you should enter assault stance when you are getting caught or there is a window for some melee damage. But the reality is that it is better to press a self-punt and run away like hell. Melee fight is still a bad idea even in assault stance. Especially when you are fighting an organized group. You have to go full defensive gear, talismans and etc if you want to survive since there aren't any good defensive options. Logically it leads to the lack of dmg. And as I said these changes doesn't help this issue. Asw still can't provide neither burst-dmg nor good support dmg nor usefull buffs/debuffs for the group.
So my conclusion: changes are just a good step in the right direction but in practice they didn't change anything, just a drop in the bucket. I hope that devs won't leave this build and will come to better changes or even full rework.
I'm really happy that the time for changes has come. So I'm looking forward for more. Thank you very much.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Tesq

Post#32 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Spoiler:
i belive the problem was handled bad regarding auto attack

1h sw should behaviour as 2h/dual weild in auto attack, to make this happedn it is sufficient to assign half the auto attack timer to any sw weapon and the auto attack will behaviour as a 2h over an x ammount of time(or 1h + a second 1h). This is a far preferable solution to an auto attack procs ( and better lore wise)

This is somewhat similar to what WE had in live ( lower auto attack time)

Any melee skill can be fix by give double the 1h contribution to skill or increasing the skill dmg so that part is not something hard to fix just mirror as have a 2h/dual weild the auto attack and is done.
This work would all be server side and will also display with no error in skills and itiem stats.
Not discussing this atm - Penril

Deadpoet

Post#33 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Although my newly made SW is still growing and necessarily underperforming (so my imput has limited valiente), both in RvR and scs Ive had the same impression that Saupresse and Ripliel explain so eloquently.
Imho Assault stance needs more punch and general utility to entice cookie cutter SWs to Play with it and stance dance into melee range, the way this class was meant to be played.

Penril

Post#34 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Ok guys, this thread still runs under the BDF rules. Which means: stick to discussing OP's proposal. In this case, since it has been already implemented, limit yourselves to talk about its effectiveness (is it good? OP? Irrelevant?).

If you want to make further suggestions, go make your own proposal. Next ones to ignore this rule will be warned/sanctioned.

Tesq

Post#35 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Spoiler:
@torque; mine was a feedback connected to what daniilp wrote, i didnt quote tought thats true

Bozzax

Post#36 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:14 am

Penril wrote:Update- Points to be discussed after talking with the devs.

SW - Assault Stance

Dodge strikethrough will now convert to parry strikethrough
Gifts +10% parry to the player but reduces dodge by -10%
Melee attacks have a 25% chance to increase Autoattack speed by 25% for 5s

Discuss.
Why was -10 dodge added?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Penril

Post#37 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Torque can add his reasons for adding the dodge debuff if he feels like it.

2 weeks are up. Time to lock.