Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Concussive Runes

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tenab

[RP] Concussive Runes

Post#1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Identify the issue:
Concussive Runes is in the running for worst tactics in game.

Explain why it is an issue:
The tactic counters itself as it would only be useful when doing damage, but when you try to do damage it will break its own detaunt. It just doesn’t work.

Proposal:

As it is a tactic in the AoE tree it makes sense to provide the RP with a tactic that either increases its AoE healing, AoE damage or some AoE utility. As the damage of dps RP is very lackluster having a tactic that increases its AoE damage could be a good idea. Therefor I propose to give Runepriests an equivalent of the Bright Wizard Tactic Wildfire. It would sound like this:
When an enemy is hit by any Path of Grimnir ability, there is a 25% chance that they will become covered in flames, receiving 300 elemental damage over 5 seconds.
The damage number should be mirrored to the BW. (The 300 is the number of the builder). Obviously, it will be a little bit less potent than the BW because less AoE damaging abilities and not having the extra damage from the combustion mechanic, but it should still prove a decent damage boost for the RP.
Zumos - Red Guard

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [RP] Concussive Runes [Close Date: 10th August]

Post#2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (10th August).

Glorian

Post#3 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Sounding overall good.

But to consider that the new Concussive Runes should work on ALL Right Tree Abilities.
Current Concussive Runes only Work on Rune of Cleaning and Rune of Battle. Not on Rune of Might.

AxelF

Post#4 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 pm

The thing that a dps RP lacks, either ST or AoE, is burst. The ideal addition imo is a 'receives X damage after x seconds' type ability rather than just another DoT, though if it were a tactic it would probably have to be an 'x chance for x damage after..' type of effect which doesn't provide reliable burst you could build a rotation around.

Tenab

Post#5 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Glorian wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 pm Sounding overall good.

But to consider that the new Concussive Runes should work on ALL Right Tree Abilities.
Current Concussive Runes only Work on Rune of Cleaning and Rune of Battle. Not on Rune of Might.
I agree, that is also what my proposal ability does :)
Zumos - Red Guard

Tenab

Post#6 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:01 am

AxelF wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 pm The thing that a dps RP lacks, either ST or AoE, is burst. The ideal addition imo is a 'receives X damage after x seconds' type ability rather than just another DoT, though if it were a tactic it would probably have to be an 'x chance for x damage after..' type of effect which doesn't provide reliable burst you could build a rotation around.
There is no class that really has something like an AoE burst such as the single target burst of the BW/Sorcs. In addition many other vialble dps specs dont have any burst and are still really good. Think of Slayer or SW on order. I guess you could come with a proposal for some kind of single target burst ability if you want, but this is in the AoE tree :)
Zumos - Red Guard

masterzenith

Post#7 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:55 am

Proposal

Group members under the effect of a Path of Grimnir Spell/Ability will receive damage done to you divided evenly among all Group members.

Or

Just make it stay as an AOE Detaunt, but it simply doesn't break by Tree of Grimnir Spell/Ability damage.

Making it just "more damage" or "more healing" seems so boring, but if this is something that can be done due to coding just being easier, I can understand that.

AxelF

Post#8 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:43 am

Tenab wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:01 am
AxelF wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 pm The thing that a dps RP lacks, either ST or AoE, is burst. The ideal addition imo is a 'receives X damage after x seconds' type ability rather than just another DoT, though if it were a tactic it would probably have to be an 'x chance for x damage after..' type of effect which doesn't provide reliable burst you could build a rotation around.
There is no class that really has something like an AoE burst such as the single target burst of the BW/Sorcs. In addition many other vialble dps specs dont have any burst and are still really good. Think of Slayer or SW on order. I guess you could come with a proposal for some kind of single target burst ability if you want, but this is in the AoE tree :)
My point was that it would be more useful for it to be

When an enemy is hit by any Path of Grimnir ability, there is a 25% chance that they will become covered in flames, receiving 300 elemental damage after 3 or 5 seconds.

To provide a little bit of spike, rather than just adding another DoT.

Ads
Tenab

Post#9 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:03 am

AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:43 am
Spoiler:
Tenab wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:01 am
My point was that it would be more useful for it to be

When an enemy is hit by any Path of Grimnir ability, there is a 25% chance that they will become covered in flames, receiving 300 elemental damage after 3 or 5 seconds.

To provide a little bit of spike, rather than just adding another DoT.
I get your point but I would argue that AoE RvR bombing does not really work like that. You want damage on a spot the moment you start doing damage. A dot that will start ticking immediatly helps with that more than delayed damage of the effect you proposed.
Zumos - Red Guard

footpatrol2

Post#10 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:36 am

Tenab wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 pm Explain why it is an issue:
The tactic counters itself as it would only be useful when doing damage, but when you try to do damage it will break its own detaunt. It just doesn’t work.
That's not how this tactic works.

The damage doesn't break it's own detaunt and if it does... then RoR has it wrong and it's a bug.

This tactic is 'waz dat behind you' but in reverse. Slot armor tali's, armor tactic, regenerative runes tactic and this tactic and your near if not more tanky then a wp. Pick up a IB willpower buff and your solid. I used to use this tactic ALL the time... when I played a Rp.

You think this is bad?

Are you suggesting to add onto the tactic or to overhaul it? I can see adding on. I think it would be a mistake to overhaul it.