Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Concussive Runes

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Trekman

Re: [RP] Concussive Runes [Close Date: 10th August]

Post#21 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:13 pm

Sounds great!
Last edited by Trekman on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
AxelF

Post#22 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Which spells are you casting with a 3s cast time?

Sedok

Post#23 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Tenab wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 pm Identify the issue:
Concussive Runes is in the running for worst tactics in game.

No it isn't, there are far worse tactics in the game, drop the hyperbole. It is counter-intuitive as you said, but not for the reason you gave; the the environment where an AoE detaunt is needed, i.e. being focused, you're going to be getting a Guard in a proper group, and as detaunts are not intended to stack with Guard, it is redundant, both for healing specs and bombing. Here on RoR, the tactic is actually better, because damage is calculated in the moment, so constantly breaking and reapplying the debuff allows you to lessen the damage taken between each of your attacks.

I've tried both maining the tactic and dancing to it, on AoR and RoR, for both healing and dps, but in all regards its simply not worth it. The only two scenarios where I get some use out of it are solo roaming as a healer and PvE farming, as I'm taking a lot of damage from multiple sources, there is no Guard available, and the damage load lasts longer than Grimnir's Shield. For solo roaming, you have to dance to it and hope it procs when you need it to, so its a reactive, high-risk/high-reward tactic; if you anticipate the situation correctly and it procs, its fantastic, otherwise it just makes you look like an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. Its fantastic for PvE farming though, if you take advantage of the target limit and "bury" the debuff on the outside mobs.

Tenab wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 pm Proposal: [/u]
As it is a tactic in the AoE tree it makes sense to provide the RP with a tactic that either increases its AoE healing, AoE damage or some AoE utility. As the damage of dps RP is very lackluster having a tactic that increases its AoE damage could be a good idea. Therefor I propose to give Runepriests an equivalent of the Bright Wizard Tactic Wildfire. It would sound like this:
When an enemy is hit by any Path of Grimnir ability, there is a 25% chance that they will become covered in flames, receiving 300 elemental damage over 5 seconds.
The damage number should be mirrored to the BW. (The 300 is the number of the builder). Obviously, it will be a little bit less potent than the BW because less AoE damaging abilities and not having the extra damage from the combustion mechanic, but it should still prove a decent damage boost for the RP.

Interesting idea, fits a bombing party quite well, and makes PvE farming easier, I'd support it. If you wanted to add a little bit of cross-tree viabilty, you could make it proc off only direct damage done, so a ST RP could make use of it with Rune of Fortune or Rune of Burning.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

navis

Post#24 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:02 pm

I do agree the counter-intuitive nature of this tactic is undesirable. I try to picture a scenario to use it, and that is as a 100% heal only spec.
Some of the reasons given to support 'for' it such as
-it lessens damage intermittently (which is better than nothing at all)
-attacks after a successful application of detaunt don't cancel it (i don't think that sounds correct)

I don't find these reasons to be desirable.

Considering the nature of play that is required to identify if it's working or not in medium to large scale PvP would imply that the player should probably be playing with add-ons such as Aura to set up a visual cue for the effect. Otherwise, it would be very hard to notice - in order to know if the effect has applied or not, or when to stop DPS'ing.

So, because there is only a 25% chance to apply the buff it means you would need to be dps'ing regularly to consider this tactic as feasible. Using a DPS ability as a 'detaunt' then in heal spec would be ridiculous in my view.

My only proposal atm for this is if a remake is desired, then probably it should act as an addon to Rune of Serenity if possible. Probably an anti-melee or melee absorb for group members which would in effect, help with PvP group play vs melee opponents.

dansari

Re: [RP] Concussive Runes

Post#25 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:54 pm

As Concussive Runes was changed to a morale drain, this proposal is outdated. Rejecting.
<Salt Factory>