Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Flame Arrow

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
lefze
Suspended

Re: [SW] Flame Arrow [Closed July 21]

Post#11 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:11 am Phosphorous Shells on Engineer is another ability you can look at with similar range. It seems most likely to be that 100' total range, not targetable range. Same thing with Firey Blast and Shattered Shadows.
Actually, Flame Arrow can't be compared to SS/FB. 20ft tooltip splash is not the same across the board, this is another case of range inconsistencies. Fiery Blast, Choking Smoke, Fireball Barrage, Flame Arrow and Burning Head all have 20ft splash on tooltip, but Fiery Blast and Choking Smoke actually has a bigger splash than the rest of them.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
carmine3161

Post#12 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:56 pm

The main reason for the proposal is that the SH's version of the ability is already at 100 feet so why not ours?

You can't just go around changing the damage of an ability that does aoe damage that with a tactic will just do FULL damage to everyone, it can get really out of hand really quickly. Trying to tune an ability like this that bypasses all resistances needs to be handled carefully and changing this would have a lot of SH players expecting some similar damage buff to their mirrored ability, and SH already have so much more damage then us so lets not dig a deeper hole. Plus we have VoN to boost the damage of 2 abilities that bypass resistances, that's a fair amount of damage i would say.

The damage this ability deals with enchanted arrows is noticeable in my opinion. Id suggest you check it out if you haven't. I didn't suggest a flame arrow damage buff cause the only issue i have trying to use this thing is the range being 80ft, change it to 100ft first, and then start talking about damage changes possibly.

Edit: Flame Arrow already has a tactic that increases its own damage
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Closed. Thank you for your input.

dansari

Re: [SW] Flame Arrow

Post#14 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Rejecting because of reasons stated elsewhere: requires a larger discussion than this one ability.
<Salt Factory>