Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Flame Arrow

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
carmine3161

[SW] Flame Arrow

Post#1 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:55 am

Flame Arrow is the most expensive AP dot the SW has to offer. It has a 10s cooldown and does some okay damage combined with built in aoe.

Flame Arrow is the mirror to SH's Explodin' Arrer however the key difference between these abilities is that Flame Arrow with the help of Enchanted Arrows can bypass all resistances allowing for a noticeable dot tick of aoe damage, this ability has core use for scout stance Festering Arrow builds and the rare Eagle Eye build.

This ability isn't used with other stances due to the awkwardness of switching and sacrificing of a tactic slot for skirmish builds and with the cooldown, It's possibility of being dodged make's it not worth the effort THIS IS GOOD.

My proposal is to give Flame Arrow 100ft range, it is currently 80ft and for scout stance which the main theme is to be a long range elemental/damage sniper it should fit nicely. Missing the 20feet makes it unusable half of the time in sieges and is missing synergy with all the other ability's being 110ft (while in scout stance) making it impossible to use to pick off back line healers and rdps
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Ads
dansari

Re: [Shadow Warrior] Flame Arrow

Post#2 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:04 am

Moving to discussions. Closed July 21
<Salt Factory>

peterthepan3

Re: [Shadow Warrior] Flame Arrow

Post#3 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:06 am

I don't see why this would be an issue. If anything, it could be given the 20ft range increase when using EA tactic - giving the tactic, and skill, more use?

dansari

Re: [SW] Flame Arrow [Closed July 21]

Post#4 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:10 am

I don't think it needs to be tied to tactic. Flame Arrow is pretty meh anyway. I'd personally consider this a QOL change until the tree can be addressed more fully.
<Salt Factory>

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:23 am

dansari wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:10 am I don't think it needs to be tied to tactic. Flame Arrow is pretty meh anyway. I'd personally consider this a QOL change until the tree can be addressed more fully.

Fair point.

adamthelc

Post#6 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:30 am

Makes sense. Dont really know why this ability was ever given it's own range between scout and skirmish. Maybe because with the AoE it extends to 100? In any case I think it would be a good change.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:11 am

Phosphorous Shells on Engineer is another ability you can look at with similar range. It seems most likely to be that 100' total range, not targetable range. Same thing with Firey Blast and Shattered Shadows.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

catholicism198

Post#8 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:13 am

All AE abilities have a max range of 80ft. It's been like that since alpha. Are you looking to buff all of them? 100ft AE abilities would be pretty oped.

*with the exception of a fully buffed Firestorm- ror buff

Ads
dansari

Post#9 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Good points. If it was completely up to me I'd increase the dd+dots (flame arrow, phos shells) but leave firestorm, fiery blast, and shattered shadows alone. Probably worth a broader discussion
<Salt Factory>

daniilpb

Post#10 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:06 pm

I don’t really believe that this skill can have any use even with increased range. For me it’s a complete garbage.
QoL changes are good but when they really change something. It’s like giving a wheelchair a new accessory.
Currently, the skill is basically a button you press because you don’t have anything else to use.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage