Recent Topics

Ads

[All] Positional Disrupt Strikethrough

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Luuca

Re: [All] Positional Disrupt Strikethrough [Close Date TBD]

Post#91 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:26 am

I can't believe I read all of those posts and we are still unsure how to fix Disrupt.

It has always occurred to me that a Ranged DPS class should suffer some penalty for the RANGE they attack at. I know, silly of me to imagine actual physics in a world of elves and dragons and fireballs, but being a semi-professional long distance hole puncher trained by the very best Puerto Rican Drill instructor available in 1987, I know a thing or two about hitting a target at max range.

I have always believed that things like Disrupt and Dodge should diminish for a defender the closer the ranged attacker was.

Makes sense, right?

So why not allow for the disrupt changes to stay as is, and simply use the Ranged Check made at the cast of every RDPS attack to modify the Disrupt and Dodge rates? That is, if the game coding actually knows the difference between 100 feet and 50 feet and all the 10 foot increments between....

It makes sense that a caster, bowman, or tank with a throwing axe standing 50 feet away will more easily hit that target than the enemy standing 100 feet away. If the range check made upon casting actually notes the true distance at the time of casting, why couldn't we use that data to modify the disrupt rate?

90 -100 feet | No Change
80 - 90 Feet | -2% Dodge and Disrupt
70 - 80 Feet | -4% Dodge and Disrupt
60 - 70 Feet | -6% Dodge and Disrupt
50 - 60 Feet | -8% Dodge and Disrupt
40 - 50 Feet | -10% Dodge and Disrupt
30 - 40 Feet | -12% Dodge and Disrupt
20 - 30 Feet | -15% Dodge and Disrupt
10 - 20 Feet | -18% Dodge and Disrupt

In this way, you temper the "Ranged Advantage" with the risk-reward of closing the gap on your target for less disrupts and more damage while also ensuring that CC and spells hit when the RDPS is most threatened by Melee.

Those numbers are just numbers and actual percentages based upon some kind of wizardry would have to be figured out (I'm not good at math, but I can lift heavy objects so they keep me around) by someone with math skills, but it is what would make sense. At least to this old Army RDPSer.

Ads
Wdova

Post#92 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 am

I dont know.... How about just reverse the disrubt changes to original state insted of adding even more complex and probably even
more broken mechanics?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wachlarz

Post#93 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 am

I like Luuca proposal.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#94 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 am

Wdova wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 am I dont know.... How about just reverse the disrubt changes to original state insted of adding even more complex and probably even
more broken mechanics?
Unless i'm wrong (i can be wrong), disrupt formula has never been changed. But meanwhile lot of gear stats and renown abilities have changed disrupt perception.

Lileldys

Post#95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 am
Wdova wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 am I dont know.... How about just reverse the disrubt changes to original state insted of adding even more complex and probably even
more broken mechanics?
Unless i'm wrong (i can be wrong), disrupt formula has never been changed. But meanwhile lot of gear stats and renown abilities have changed disrupt perception.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=23340
-Precalculated DoTs no longer exist. They are calculated on tick time and recalculated on subsequent ticks for damage values.

-Abilities can now trigger off of DoT ticks, such as Quick Escape. This is consistent with the original game's behavior.

-DoT abilities now can be dodged, disrupted, parried or blocked on a per tick basis. If the first attack is disrupted/dodged/parried/blocked, no subsequent DoT ticks will happen. This includes parry's positional requirement. Each tick will take into consideration an avoidance check, and facing the target is no exception to this rule.

-Dodge/Disrupt/Parry now takes the opposing stats into consideration in a different way, by adding onto the 'high-end' of the 100 roll used for calculating the chance, with a hard cap of 75% of any of these. The proper formula is now used for calculating parry % from weaponskill/strength (and dodge/disrupt-appropriate stats, respectively, they're all the same), it is identical to the one in the client.

Parry/Dodge/Disrupt chance from tooltip:
double chance = (((defensiveStat) * 100) / ((target.EffectiveLevel * 7.5 + 50) * 7.5));
Contestion based on offensive stat:
double removedDefense = (((offensiveStat) * 100) / (((caster.EffectiveLevel * 7.5) + 50) * 7.5));
Final roll:
Choose random number between 0 and (removedDefense + 100). If random number is less than or equal to our chance to parry, then we parry.

Tesq

Post#96 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 pm

the point of luuca proposal are sensed enough(and is basically what i wrote in the previusly by penril thread) just the problem will arrise in rvr where the rpds is still predomiante; especially sorc/bw bomb will just get buff, if any like that need to be implemented it need to keep in mind skill actually range not fix values so for exemple.

100 feet skills and 30 feet aoe skills still need to be have no bonus when used at max distance, and have to have the same bypass when used at 50 feet and 15 feet aka 50% OF MAX RANGE. It nee to be something proportional to not break other games cheks and range x castetime xtolltips balance.

So for exemple:

under 70% max range= 5%
under 50 max range = 10%
under 30 max range = 15%

so in the cases above a bw fireball would be

100 feet = no bonus
70 feet = 5% Bypass
50 feet= 10% bypass
30 feet= 15% bypass

so in the cases above a bw annihilate would be

30 feet= no bonus
21 feet= 5% bypass
15 feet= 10% bypass
9 feet= 15% bypass

even using this method which is very skill and coordination bases, there are still chance to make sorc/bw aoe op again, it would still be bettermaybe link that to st skills only.

i would still push for a change to disrupt from willpower calucaltion because that is a specific problem which sum on top of a general disrupt buff any can have via hold the line and dot disrupting.

second i will still make more ppl requiring to hold the line for have the max 45% value, that way sc would have less disruot shenaningans
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lileldys

Post#97 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 pm the point of luuca proposal are sensed enough(and is basically what i wrote in the previusly by penril thread) just the problem will arrise in rvr where the rpds is still predomiante; especially sorc/bw bomb will just get buff, if any like that need to be implemented it need to keep in mind skill actually range not fix values so for exemple.

100 feet skills and 30 feet aoe skills still need to be have no bonus when used at max distance, and have to have the same bypass when used at 50 feet and 15 feet aka 50% OF MAX RANGE. It nee to be something proportional to not break other games cheks and range x castetime xtolltips balance.

So for exemple:

under 70% max range= 5%
under 50 max range = 10%
under 30 max range = 15%

100 feet = no bonus
70 feet = 5% Bypass
50 feet= 10% bypass
30 feet= 15% bypass

30 feet= no bonus
21 feet= 5% bypass
15 feet= 10% bypass
9 feet= 15% bypass

even using this method which is very skill and coordination bases, there are still chance to make sorc/bw aoe op again, it would still be bettermaybe link that to st skills only.
I don't think any AoE needs to be given any strikethrough as the bomb TTK is still low. If you jump head first into the bomb wb your are 100% dead within 3 seconds...

lefze
Suspended

Post#98 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 pm the point of luuca proposal are sensed enough(and is basically what i wrote in the previusly by penril thread) just the problem will arrise in rvr where the rpds is still predomiante; especially sorc/bw bomb will just get buff, if any like that need to be implemented it need to keep in mind skill actually range not fix values so for exemple.

So for exemple:

under 70% max range= 5%
under 50 max range = 10%
under 30 max range = 15%

100 feet = no bonus
70 feet = 5% Bypass
50 feet= 10% bypass
30 feet= 15% bypass

30 feet= no bonus
21 feet= 5% bypass
15 feet= 10% bypass
9 feet= 15% bypass

i would still push for a change to disrupt from willpower calucaltion because that is a specific problem which sum on top of a general disrupt buff any can have via hold the line and dot disrupting.

second i will still make more ppl requiring to hold the line for have the max 45% value, that way sc would have less disruot shenaningans
For bombing, the problem with that is that while a lot of stuff has varying range, it's still used at the same effective range as anything below it. This gives an automatic edge to longer range AoE spells even though they would still be used at the same range as everything else. In other words capping max strikethrough to the lowest range of AoE spells 25/30ft) makes much more sense for uniformity. Bomb range is bomb range regardless of tooltip range. ST spells and strikethrough I have no opinion on, other than rangebased strikethrough being nonsense.

And adjusting HTL based on scenarios? plox.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Rodek

Post#99 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Why does there need to be a penalty to range at all? You can't reward a ranged class for going into melee range because their pretty much DOA. With all the pulls available in game if your within 30 ft of an Engi,Choppa,Magus your pretty much dead. The point of being ranged is to play at range. Ranged dps hit's harder because their glass canons and melt when hit by melee, and given the close rate plus pulls we die quick enough.

Cast a 2 second spell and it's disrupted, another one and it's disrupted, another and it's disrupted. So for 6-7 seconds you have done 0 effective damage against a target. Luucca's Proposal would be fine except ranged dps shouldn't be sub 40 yards. Under that and we are turned into melee pretty quickly and then dead.

BW fireball already has a strike through tactic so it really is a moot point in this discussion.

Gmaw

Post#100 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 pm

if only for the sake of immersion though get rid off the dodging,paarrying,disrupting and blocking of a dot ability once it has already taken hold of you.This is what healers have dispel for .my 2 euro cents