Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] 15pt Path of Scout Ability

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Toldavf

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#81 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 pm

10 second self snare is just death, would it not be better to increase initial stacks and just loose stacks for moving?
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
daniilpb

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#82 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Toldavf wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 pm 10 second self snare is just death, would it not be better to increase initial stacks and just loose stacks for moving?
Well, snare component can be tweaked a bit.
The purpose of it is to force SW to actually burst = "get rid" of the stacks asap.
And, of course, to mind your position and predict what could happen in next 10 seconds or 10-12 attacks.
SW doesn't have a turret/demon which would controll its position/movement, also in case of stacks removal on move simple self-punt or enemy punt would counter the skill completely. After all, it sounds a bit complicated to implement (it's not like the whole concept of ability is easy to implement).
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Mystriss

Post#83 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:45 pm

I think this might help with some concerns about this ability from our non SW peeps:

ragafury wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm I think it's a good / fleshed out propossal and indeed lorefriendly.
can't say too much since I'm not a huge SW / SH player and actually should keep my nose out of this.

my concern:
not sure about the interactions with ASW for smallscale (burst overkill) and LA (RR70 spec with 15 left 12 right with PD) spam in RvR (though that's not my biggest concern).

It reminds me a bit of UF light and sugarfree. (so basically a worse UF)

maybe it would need to be limited to corresponding spells / abilities of the scout tree or exclude assault tree and LA / Barrage etc.

I could be totally off ofc; hard to say without seeing it ingame and being on the receiving end.
It still could be adjusted after implementation if it's overperforming.
12 in Skirmish Tree is the Powerful Draw tactic which extends Skirmish abilities range. I believe you are thinking of the 8 point Assault Tree tactic No Respite which increases damage when within 45 feet of target.

I already run NR with LA bombing in RoR and it doesn't feel OP (yet perhaps, I'm RR40 atm)

I ran the same front lines bomber in my live as well and, I agree, there is no doubt in my mind that LA + NR + UF + ES was OP - and I'm not talking oh Shineobi can pull of 10K instant hits with FA+UF QQ OP, I'm talking what the hell OP... I had to quit running it because I was taking out entire zergs >.<

In RoR, I just make puggy zergs think about running away, or folk back on themselves if I get their healers into range. Afraid I don't have a video of LA zerg bombing for RoR quite yet, it'll take a few more days of editing I think.

I could /easily/ run Centuries of Training tactic, which is rather similar (to the original proposal) if I wanted to increase my LA damage. Gimme a week and I'll throw CoT on for comparison purposes. :)

There's also a synergy thing, Scout as a whole is a stay at range thing standing still kind of thing, skirmish is a running around thing, and assault is a get in their face thing. I mean it's not a hard fast rule, I ran a Scout/Assault build for a long time and forced scout to be mobile, but in general most players are in a "play style" - stay away from the enemy, kite, or get in their face. I'm not sure how many SW's are able to switch it up like I do, I can tell you that in live there was maybe one or two other legit trip dancers like me in NA. And if you ask the peeps proposing this, they'll tell you that stance dancing is **** and no one does it in RoR, and presuming they're right, barrage or LA coming out of a full scout spec isn't going to happen enough to be an issue.

Still of course such things do have to be tested and adjusted, I'm sure that's a given with any proposal. :)

Might wanna pipe down a bit with the ego stuff, as it doesn't really add much to (otherwise) valid points. - ptp3
Last edited by Mystriss on Tue May 15, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

witchdoctor

Post#84 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Spoiler:
Really Mistriss? :lol: #NoNeed4KDAnymore

peterthepan3

Post#85 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:42 pm

Double posts removed, and spoilered random stuff.

Mystriss

Post#86 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Spoiler:
I think you folks have misread me because that's absolutely not ego.

There is only the festering ire of four years of debate with the devs in live because they refused to properly balance our class. I am /bitter/ about the stuff I believe you are thinking is ego - because it caused my guild family (I ran an all SW guild) to stop playing, it caused /me/ to stop playing, it caused /most/ SW's to stop playing. They ruined most of us hard-core SW players enjoyment of the class with indiscriminate applications of "moar damage" and OP escape tools like self-punt (and that's starting on the base of them using UF as a balance band-aid from the word go, and ignoring us long time SW advisors (to players and devs) who were constantly telling them that UF was a terrible thing.)

Disgust perhaps, ego not so much...

I guess whatever, ya'll want to chalk me up as being egotistical it's okay ~shrug~ I've dealt with far worse heat from fellow SW's who have different opinions about the classes design/goals/etc :lol:

Mystriss

Post#87 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:13 pm

witchdoctor wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Spoiler:

Can ya'll please explain what you feel I'm missing here because I really don't see any way in which the extended range of skirmish abilities could be used with "Shadow Walker" to turn skirmish abilities like LA and/or barrage OP >.<

I mean the only thing I can even think of to complain about is an extended range slowing dot and again see Centuries of Training. (There's not enough points to get Eye Shot [the KD] plus Shadow Walker.)

Also, from your linky. Another hot mess of a tactic there, Instinctive Aim. I've always thought of that one as the SW equivalent of "here hold my beer..." :lol: That WS doh.

peterthepan3

Post#88 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Will spoiler myself. Please keep all following comments relevant to OP.
Spoiler:
Mystriss wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm I think you folks have misread me because that's absolutely not ego.

There is only the festering ire of four years of debate with the devs in live because they refused to properly balance our class. I am /bitter/ about the stuff I believe you are thinking is ego - because it caused my guild family (I ran an all SW guild) to stop playing, it caused /me/ to stop playing, it caused /most/ SW's to stop playing. They ruined most of us hard-core SW players enjoyment of the class with indiscriminate applications of "moar damage" and OP escape tools like self-punt (and that's starting on the base of them using UF as a balance band-aid from the word go, and ignoring us long time SW advisors (to players and devs) who were constantly telling them that UF was a terrible thing.)

Disgust perhaps, ego not so much...

I guess whatever, ya'll want to chalk me up as being egotistical it's okay ~shrug~ I've dealt with far worse heat from fellow SW's who have different opinions about the classes design/goals/etc :lol:
1) Being in an all-SW guild doesn't equate to anything when it comes to balance, as balance is done around proper group+ environments (healers/tanks/dps);

2) 'Most of us hard-core SW players';

3) 'Singlehandedly killed zergs'

4) 'Not many stance tripped like I did'

Such stuff is irrelevant to the discusion at hand, and can come across preachy - as if your opinion/experiences should hold some extra importance over others. It's up to you whether or not you choose to take my comments personally (I don't mind either way), just keep comments tailored to what is being proposed - cheers.

Ads
daniilpb

Post#89 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:23 pm

witchdoctor wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm
Spoiler:
40/70 build without RKD, I'm fine with that. At least you would trade your CC potential to extra dps especially with movement speed debuff.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

daniilpb

Post#90 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Added Scout stance requirement to force SW to stance dance if the one wants to use this ability in other stances
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.