Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Sticky Bomb Duration from 15sec to 5sec

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
dansari

Re: [Engi] Sticky Bomb Duration from 15sec to 5sec

Post#11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 am

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 pm and whether this is being balanced for small scale or large scale
All of the above
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Tesq

Re: [Engi] Sticky Bomb Duration from 15sec to 5sec [Close Date Apr 21]

Post#12 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:29 am

Tough it was said from @ pen aswell the same issue for magus imo the classes can became pretty different with build customization, may split this if it saw fit into a separate magus-friendly proposal for his own masterys balance locking them at the same time just to keep all clearer cuz is pretty evident as saw how these mirrored skills can be. Or anyway since sometimes it get use to talk about only 1 skill in place of his perfect mirror aswell specify if this thread is about only the engi or magus aswell, thx.

Glorian

Post#13 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 am

Didn't know there was a useless mirror ability on magus. As per the rules proposals are only for classes you have at 40/40.

Fallenkezef

Post#14 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am

Glorian wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 am Didn't know there was a useless mirror ability on magus. As per the rules proposals are only for classes you have at 40/40.
The mirror system is weird, some mirror better than others
Alea iacta est

Tesq

Post#15 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Glorian wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 am Didn't know there was a useless mirror ability on magus. As per the rules proposals are only for classes you have at 40/40.
It is not uncommon that perfect mirrored skill recive the same change or at least got discussed even when discussing only one, hence if balance moderators could make it clear what can or not happen to magus too, just as clarification.

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Normally discussions don't appeal to mirrors, but Seed of Chaos and Sticky Bomb are identical abilities in the same respective trees (mid-range), and in the same location (5 points). As such, any proposed changes to SB will also pertain to SoC.

catholicism198

Post#17 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 pm

The Magus and Engineer are direct mirror with the same core abilities except for Focused Fire, Rend Wind, and the mostly useless Warpfire. Magus has its own issues but its mirror ability is just as bad.

xanderous

Post#18 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:22 am

I like the idea of a reduced time on the explosion at the end but one of two things would need to happen also, the cool down would need to be reduced to reflect this or the damage would need to be increased on either the dot or the end explosion, possibly both. The reasoning behind this is at his current duration the damage is supposed to stack with other abilities over a period of 15 seconds, by itself its nothing but when mixed, is more substantial as part of a rotation.

kinda a fantasy suggestion i'd like it if the duration stayed the same but instead increase its cooldown from 10 to 15 seconds, remove the dot entirely and each every 3 seconds make it do the finishing explosion aoe proc every damage within 30 feet instead of its original 20 to give grenade spec a little bit of small burst when combined with bombardment turret.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:07 pm

well if a change would likely happen to both not keep in account class difference for sure reduces the duration before it explode will make it more like to be spec, tough eh ....1 of the problem of these skill is that they are another dot....another which you have to apply and re apply over and over again. For sure that would be an improvement but i wonder to what extent.... If i build change mastery i know for sure that i will ap starving at somepoint and i will be force to ap pot way earlier than other classes. That's due all the dots reapplication and then direct dmg skill spam. Also due some class difference it would be preferable a different fix keeping in mind class differences for what min they can be.

wachlarz

Post#20 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:25 pm

From Magus persepctiv. I dont wanna next (4) olmost spamable dot, that i will must apply and bless the Chaos Gods that it will work or not. Give that skill more range like chaosbolt, or more dmg. or last hit from the skill its 100% crit.