Recent Topics

Ads

Disrupt vs magical class, nerf/boost classes or rework disrupt in general?

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tesq

Re: Disrupt vs magical class, nerf/boost classes or rework disrupt in general?

Post#31 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm

Raefar wrote:The only problem I have with all this is everyone keeps thinking of how the current disrupt effects BW and Sorc but disregard dot classes like Magus/Shammy/AM.

I think most of this could be fixed with just placing a soft cap on disrupt.
a cap would hitt tank which deserve to be tanky if spec for it and if is required for rvr.

cleary the "solution" need to hit what is wrong between archtype not be just a bland "general" nerf to disrupt.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#32 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Wam wrote:Well you probally can't yet without the patcher

but new renown abilities for strike through %?

With the removal of Resoulte defence and evasion being strong of course healers will max it because there is only so many viable choices for rr spent...

If dps could spend renown for something to counter high disrupt (no idea the renown cost... % gain per a level that would be for number crunchers to figure out what is fair and balanced)

or maybe a self buff renown abilitiy for limited period of time for improved strike through then long cooldown.

Although i think it's not as bad as people make out and that the status quo is okay... it depends what enviroment are we mostly talking, because one change effects all enviroments... I see plenty of good RDPS ST sorc/bw's get kills in ORVR so if disrupt was a problem they would get alot less kills?
There isn't really any "fair" balance. The downside to buffing the strikethrough of all ranged dps is that it boosts them too much in the areas that are NOT posing issues right now, namely any class that doesn't stack willpower. And you didn't specify if you want this for all dps or just for int based classes, but believe me, dodge is barely noticed these days when compared to disrupt, and disrupt is mainly noticed against healers, and the big willpower buffs which aren't really that common.

So basically, if the change happens on the actual magic dps, it won't bring balance, it will buff intelligence based classes across the board instead of where it is needed, namely against healers. So I firmly believe, that to prevent powercreep, a nerf on the overperforming classes/mechanic in this case is in order. A buff will only bring tears.

I base this opinion on the fact that I completely agree with your last point, but it doesn't stop with ST. With SW/SH out of the picture, BW is king when it comes to AoE as it is in most other aspects, and even sorc is performing very well even in bombing.
Rip Phalanx

Atropik

Post#33 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Mirror Burn through Flashfire FBB as for sorc, would be pretty enough
Nicelook | Obey

dansari

Post#34 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 pm

The current rates are OK in my opinion with the main exception of healers. Could probably cut in half the bonus disrupt gained from willpower and that would be a good place to start.
<Salt Factory>

Raefar

Post#35 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Tesq wrote:
Raefar wrote:The only problem I have with all this is everyone keeps thinking of how the current disrupt effects BW and Sorc but disregard dot classes like Magus/Shammy/AM.

a cap would hitt tank which deserve to be tanky if spec for it and if is required for rvr.

cleary the "solution" need to hit what is wrong between archtype not be just a bland "general" nerf to disrupt.
Tanks are still tanky without the ability to shrugging off 70-80% of the spells cast at them. Tanks already have high HP, toughness, resist and low crit rate. So why would the need to take 0 damage from 70-80% of spells cast at them?

Martok

Post#36 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Tesq wrote:-initiative...should give half def contribution compared to wep skill cuz they are 360 degree.

both solutions or at least the second one should make the whole thing better.
I disagree. Given there already exist a class with the ability to reduce a target's INT into negative numbers thus bestowing all of their attacks with a one-hundred percent chance to crit, extending that blessing by extension to RPDS classes is a bit much. If you nerf INT and/or Disrupt by default you render the casting classes more powerful, a step I see as completely unnecessary.

I am curious as to the impetus for this discussion. Seriously, the last thing the RDPS classes need is a boost to their damage output, regardless of the form that may take. In my opinion the current disrupt calculations work fine.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

roadkillrobin

Post#37 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Raefar wrote:
Tesq wrote:

Tanks are still tanky without the ability to shrugging off 70-80% of the spells cast at them. Tanks already have high HP, toughness, resist and low crit rate. So why would the need to take 0 damage from 70-80% of spells cast at them?
Spells are actually what tanks moasts vourneble against as it ignores armor and does almoast the same damage on every archetype. Hence why Sorcs/BW dominated the AOE dps for the longest amount of time when they had undedendeble attacks 24/7 on live. Consistancy wins.
This could however be adjusted by increasing block vallues by the same rate as disrupt went down. But then you're stuck with melee dps getting worse aswell.

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Disrupt from wp cut in half would be a good foundation. People seriously underestimate the changes against dot classes (namely dps am/shaman/change magus/grenade engineer), which were already largely irrelevant specs in PvP.

I believe certain abilities should also possess inherent strikethrough: Sorc WoP, BW BB, Magus WS and Engi SF (if specd for tactic). That way you can still prevent a lot of range damage, but class/spec defining abilities aren't neutered.

Ads
Penril

Post#39 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Atropik wrote:Mirror Burn through Flashfire FBB as for sorc, would be pretty enough
Assuming there is indeed an issue with Disrupt, how would this help Magus/DPS Zealot/DPS RP?

Raefar

Post#40 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:25 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Spells are actually what tanks moasts vourneble against as it ignores armor and does almoast the same damage on every archetype. Hence why Sorcs/BW dominated the AOE dps for the longest amount of time when they had undedendeble attacks 24/7 on live. Consistancy wins.
This could however be adjusted by increasing block vallues by the same rate as disrupt went down. But then you're stuck with melee dps getting worse aswell.
That really isn't the case right now, my magus BoC normally only hits tanks for 500-1.2 vs most other classes are 800-2.5k