Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] warpfire

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tesq

[Magus] warpfire

Post#1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 am

Base problems:
1-lower dmg compared to deamonic lash + static vs spam-on the move)
2-in 99% of situation even if daemonic lash is cone (while warpfire is 360 degree) is just better spam that due deamonic lash also benefith from your spiritual dmg debuff and do not suffer from interrupts.
3-you unlock this at rank 40 which for all other classes mean usually a good asset for the class
4-relative high CD (13 sec) for something badder than daemonic lash ( no cd base aoe spamable skill)

Further problems:
the skill is in the aoe mastery and is very similar to the bw annihilate ( same dps value, 3 sec channeling but higer CD), while bw have a higer crit rate usually on magus this is fix by do more hits during the same time spent so if you have to comprare these similar skills you see that

-dosen't mash good with magus since it should probably do 1 hit every half second rather than every 1 sec just to make it even with critical chance of bw/sorc (while pet buff do well to cover for the critical dmg more bw/sorc meccanic provide)
-the base dmg is too low per above to deamonic lash which make the whole channeling thing underperforming when being a channeling mean you can also be interrupt.

Solutions:
-Change the skill ticks from 1 every sec to 1 every half second (total 6 ticks vs currently 3) plus one of the below:

A-change from channeling to 1 sec cast then passive dmg aura type around you for 3 sec ( so remove channeling component)
B-leave it channeling but add then a dot component since engi do this better over time (this should make em more equal)
C-leave it channeling but double the total skill dmg to make it bursty compared to daemonic lash (make it more bw-ish)
D-Leave it channeling but make it undefeatable (trade dmg for chance to eb defended...well at least make base value same as daemonic lash)

Contr:
due vfx sub-solution A is ugly as you will be probably then stuck with warpfire vfx but being able to use other skills unless firther development is done / we recive new patcher

Prefered solutions
either C or D

Ads
Penril

Re: [Magus] warpfire

Post#2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Moving to Discussions. I just want to say I agree that the skill is meh, but I disagree with all your suggestions. I'd instead simply let Warpfire be channeled while moving.

Tesq

Post#3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Penril wrote:Moving to Discussions. I just want to say I agree that the skill is meh, but I disagree with all your suggestions. I'd instead simply let Warpfire be channeled while moving.
put at least the dmg on par with daemonic lash.......

but it can still be interrupt.... so is worst than daemonic lash...

edit:
change it for on the move would just make 360 a bit more worth but is basically the same as deamonic lash...both would be use on the move, daemonic lash benefith from spi debuff while warpfire dont....Since you can move anyway with DL no point use Warpfire you just pre-position well to keep use deamonic lash...plus still CD 13 sec...
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:35 pm

This one is easy to fix:

It's already on a 13 second CD, alleviating fears of overperforming, so I agree with making it castable on the move (a Magus charging into the thick of battle with his disk protruding blue flames is exactly how I envision the Daemonology spec), along with giving it a bit more oomph.

As Tesq said, Lash spam currently nets more DPS, and this is partly due to us being able to aoe debuff spirit resistances. Perhaps we should make warpfire deal spirit damage, and see how that pans out?

Raefar

Post#5 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:This one is easy to fix:

It's already on a 13 second CD, alleviating fears of overperforming, so I agree with making it castable on the move (a Magus charging into the thick of battle with his disk protruding blue flames is exactly how I envision the Daemonology spec), along with giving it a bit more oomph.

As Tesq said, Lash spam currently nets more DPS, and this is partly due to us being able to aoe debuff spirit resistances. Perhaps we should make warpfire deal spirit damage, and see how that pans out?
Agreed, without changing the damage type, Lash would still would be the go to ability and thus the change would have no merit.

Acidic

Post#6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Changing it to chanelled but on the move makes it better but still nothing to use, just a skill waiting for a change to make it useful later on, kind of a waste of developer effort.
I personally prefere option A or C, the cool down is sufficient to stop it being OP.
This would put it in use alongside lash.

Tesq

Post#7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:43 pm

even put the dmg will do spiritual would just make it = to DL cuz dmg x GCD are the same, he would still need a rewamp and in that case it would just be against the flavour of the mastery which is elemental dmg. It should just be raw dmg not require and not be able to get use of any res debuff imo.

-13 sec CD need a trade in
-base dmg need to need to be higer because no access to spi debuff.

DL can benefith from spi debuff and his dmg should be lower than warpfire because is on the move so you can move and cast warpire is static aoe (currently) and his dmg should be higer than a on the move skills.

More mobility = less dmg
More dmg = less mobility

more or less that's why all those finesse solutions. (plus is still allow couner play which DL do not as taunt/interrupt stop warpire thats 'why i liked undefeatble option; DL can be disrupt and warpfire can be interrupt ( each one have 1 counter not double)

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:06 pm

I also suggested pumping up the damage of it, alongside making it spiritual. Havoc is the Elemental tree, Demonology is a mix of Spiritual and Elemental so it's not outlandish to suggest changing the damage type if it would be an improvement overall.

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote:I also suggested pumping up the damage of it, alongside making it spiritual. Havoc is the Elemental tree, Demonology is a mix of Spiritual and Elemental so it's not outlandish to suggest changing the damage type if it would be an improvement overall.
true, tough idk, flavor reason or lore/logic to stick to GW standard which dev may follow cuz in the end is deamonic fire....that's why i said undefeatble, lore wise on tabletop flamers could had ignored armor save as they done in warhammer 40k
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darks63

Post#10 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Maybe make it a buff similar to Funnel power but without the self damage component?
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.