[Rejected] Proc meta

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
zumos2

Re: Proc meta

Post#51 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Tesq wrote:Nerfed button will make every skill of your hotbar the proc buff if needed because they are no you / or on your party member, make em removeable it's not a weaknes it's a strengh point, they just take the spot of a heal over time when focused if you're lucky enough. Also it take 0,5 sec to re buff there is really not a downside to get em removed from you.
No one would ever do that because that means like half or one-third of your casts will be to reapply the buff. You want to reapply when it matters or when they have shattered several people. It is not always an easy choice to keep rebuffing or actually try to do some damage yourself.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
zumos2

Post#52 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Cimba wrote:
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote:Nerfed button will make every skill of your hotbar the proc buff if needed because they are no you / or on your party member, make em removeable it's not a weaknes it's a strengh point, they just take the spot of a heal over time when focused if you're lucky enough. Also it take 0,5 sec to re buff there is really not a downside to get em removed from you.
Beware, nerfed buttons has entered the discussion.

So you can't think of any way to modify this ability so that the removability/shatterability (is that even a word?) is indeed a weakness?
Make it a 10 second cast time when in combat. The only way a spell with a cast time that long should get through is when the enemies take a nap or you invest additional resources (e.g. focused mind).
And why would that be good? How would a fight work then? Is that the outcome we want?
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Cimba

Post#53 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:12 pm

zumos2 wrote:And why would that be good? How would a fight work then? Is that the outcome we want?
Because if FF/CoF remains in place as it is and is considered overpowerd then there needs to some kind of balance between the effort of applying and removing the buff. Currently that is not given. It takes 12 gcd to remove them from everyone in a grp and only 2 to replenish them. Since tanks also profit from it a good deal you would want to remove it from usually 4 targets. This effort only increases if you toss in coordinated rebuffs with e.g. your shaman or archmage.

You could solve this issue by restricting the availability of the buff. One way to do this is introducing a cooldown, another would be to increase the cast time to something significant.

How a fight would work? Maybe a proc group would need to invest some resources during the fight to keep their damage potential alive. Same as standard MDPS grps kind of need to keep the armor debuff up. Proc grps would need to take care that their procs dont get removed from to many group members.

To be honest I wasn't entirely sure what you meant by your questions so you might want to elaborate if I didn't respond to the actual question.

Azarael

Post#54 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Another way of dealing with it is by modifying BW/Sorc group buffs to be aura-class. This means that action economy is preserved (one cast, one shatter) at the expense of being forced to shatter the BW/Sorc.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#55 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Azarael wrote:Another way of dealing with it is by modifying BW/Sorc group buffs to be aura-class. This means that action economy is preserved (one cast, one shatter) at the expense of being forced to shatter the BW/Sorc.
As long as i takes 1 gcd to reapply, is kinda pointless, being an aura is even better in some cases, like when playing with pet classes, a engineer that has a BW using RoF on his pet every time he casts it can be quite strong, if its an aura you remove the necesity of casting it every time.

An icd has the issue of being also stronger when pets are present, as far as i know the icd is not shared between user and its pet and is its own instance, thats why double dok/sorc/SH is so strong currently with spiky squig.

Overall, procs were kinda handled on Live with Gear, this is not feasible here but neutering them now will bring up the issue later when new gear comes up and they are negligible after the changes.

But hey, if the RvR changes and conqueror gear are cooming in 2 weeks (hey i did a meme) maybe waiiting a bit to see how they are in conq before doing anything may not be a bad idea.

Cimba

Post#56 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Azarael wrote:Another way of dealing with it is by modifying BW/Sorc group buffs to be aura-class. This means that action economy is preserved (one cast, one shatter) at the expense of being forced to shatter the BW/Sorc.
I like the idea alot for chosen/kotbs. This might also work in 6vs6 scenarios. However I fear that in 12vs12 or more it can get very difficult to reach the Sorc/BW. Especially if you have to go through e.g. a melee dok with all it's procs up.

Azarael

Post#57 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Addressing this issue is dependent upon an answer to the state stabilization issue. Nothing will be done for now.