Recent Topics

Ads

Archtype Morales: Tanks

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
adamthelc

Re: Archtype Morales: Tanks

Post#11 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:48 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 pm Going outside the box a bit here, but why should tanks have damaging morales at all?

The tank archytype is to be a brick wall and protect his team. I've always thought raze should be an mdps morale while the tanks get the cc, damage absorb and damage reduction.

I say this as someone who abuses raze on his chosen.
Could give it a great weapon requirement, but people would bitch. Also probably doesnt need one.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#12 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:42 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 pm Going outside the box a bit here, but why should tanks have damaging morales at all?

The tank archytype is to be a brick wall and protect his team. I've always thought raze should be an mdps morale while the tanks get the cc, damage absorb and damage reduction.

For the same reason tanks also attacks other players for damage. It's kinda important that classes feel like they contribute on scores to make em fun to play or else people in general grow bored of playing them. This game require almoast perfect ballance among the archetypes and that makes it important that all archetypes are fun to play. And even tho i'm generlizing here, but people like getting db's on classes that normaly doesn't get db. It increases the apeal to play those classes which is important.

live4treasure

Post#13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 am

Agree with above post. The game would be boring if every class was one dimensional in their function and without damage morales, it would essentially be impossible to push
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Karast

Post#14 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:56 am

I would say tank morales are the most solid of archtypes. They have a good mix of core defensive, offensive, and utility options. I think balance wise they are an example of where all archtypes should be.

Individual morales career to career may need mirroring or tweaking but the core set are reliable, fun, and extremely useful in all aspect of play.

Ramasee

Post#15 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:27 am

Toldavf wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 pm From a 6 man perspective most tanks are reliant on having a selfish defensive morale for slot one or 2, moving and nerfing distracting roar to slot 2 is a huge blow to a tanks ability to support his grp.
My counter to that is before 36 point morale generation, tanks were rarely hitting m3 in 6 mans opting generally to demo strike/champs challenge while punting away tanks. The tank's general toolset of guard and challenge, and their individual CCs in addition to allied detaunts and CC is more than enough without M3. Also the tool isn't gone, just moved down to M2 and slightly reduced. You just cannot take it AND shield wall (also who uses shields in 6mans?), having to choose utility or self survival cooldown you want to bring before a fight.
Karast wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:56 am I would say tank morales are the most solid of archtypes. They have a good mix of core defensive, offensive, and utility options. I think balance wise they are an example of where all archtypes should be.

Individual morales career to career may need mirroring or tweaking but the core set are reliable, fun, and extremely useful in all aspect of play.
I agree, hence why I didn't change hardly anything for tanks. Raze to M3 for balance with other proposal, and distracting bellow taking its place at M2. Then you have to lower its value some because of its new position.

dansari

Post#16 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm

I think, if we were to implement the kinds of rules you're talking about, I would want to just see Raze and Bellow swapped like you did and decreasing potency of Bellow with its placement, but not do anything with ID until we have time to play with the changes.
<Salt Factory>

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Raze is to bad at M3 spot when compared to No Escape and Defeaning Bellow!

Ramasee

Post#18 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:18 pm

@RKR, You are correct that raze would be bad for knight and BO in the M3 spot if those two morales were left as is. However the next part after adjusting archtype morales would be to look through each classes's individual morales.

@Dansari, Fair not to touch ID at first.

Ads
Azarael

Post#19 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:48 am

Could give it a great weapon requirement, but people would bitch. Also probably doesnt need one.
People bitch about everything, I assure you. I had always wondered why Raze didn't require GW.

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Going to close for now. Thanks for all of your contributions.