Recent Topics

Ads

Morals redesign idea

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Sedok

Re: Morals redesign idea

Post#71 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

By the amount of people calling for a re-reversion of the morale gain change, I though Sacrx finally summoned all of Red Guard back and rampaged through the lakes, keeping that BW hate alive. You're all theorycrafting a level of warband-play that doesn't exist on this server (at least on any significant-level); Red Guard isn't going toe-to-toe with Tainted, VII with Who Let Da Boyz Out, or Redhammer Rangers against Darkness Falls. Unless Pain and Pleasure, Gaisoich, or CTNK suddenly got really serious about their warbands, you're making problems where there are none to be found.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

Ads
delcon

Post#72 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Cntk r just derping about doing what they can with what they have on , but if people think there bad that makes the rest **** .
Even dnd not that good from what I have seen of your wb,s

So I think people on a whole just need to get on with things , play the game and let the devs get on with their changes .

Acidic

Post#73 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:02 am

It maybe helpful if we could get one of the mods or Azeral to sum up their take if the moral redesign thread, just so we can see what the official view of this thread is. This will help so we can identify if there is anything more to talk about/things not clarified yet.

Tesq

Post#74 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:08 am

Acidic wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:02 am It maybe helpful if we could get one of the mods or Azeral to sum up their take if the moral redesign thread, just so we can see what the official view of this thread is. This will help so we can identify if there is anything more to talk about/things not clarified yet.
idk their but i know what i would like:

- first a GENERAL, pre real balance , scaler for all off AOE morales based on being istant / dot / channeling + have or not an effect attached to them
Spoiler:
istant
m2 600
m3 900
m4 1200

dot
m2 900
m3 1200
m4 1500

channeling
m2 1200
m3 1500
m4 1800

FURTHER DMG REDUCTION for 300 per moral tier due having an effect

istant+effect
m2 300+ effect
m3 600+ effect
m4 900+effect

dot+effect
m2 600+ effect
m3 900+effect
m4 1200 +effect

channeling+effect
m2 900 +effect
m3 1200 +effect
m4 1500 +effect
Spoiler:
some exemplification:

healers m2: do 300 aoe , but heal all group 2x the ammount post change (exing heals unchanged , just dmg reduced)
bw/magus m2: 900 aoe dot
tank raze: 1200 aoe channeling
mara/wl: 1200 channeling
slayer/chopp m2: halved for aoe so is like a 1200 over time

kobs/BO m3: 600 aoe +effects +istant
P.rdps m3: halved for aoe so is like a 1200 (actually 1350 ) dot
dok/wp m3: 600 +aoe+ stag+istant

M.rdps m4: 900 aoe istant + punt
P.rdps m4: 1800 aoe channeling

burning head m4: 1200/ 900 aoe istant + morale removal
wall of fire m4: 1500 aoe dot (cone)
Conflagration of doom m4: 1500 aoe dot (360 degree)

souls tealer m4: 900 aoe+ effects
crippling terror m4: 900 aoe+ effects
Paralyzing nigthmare m4: 900 aoe+ effects

Rain of steel m4: 1800 aoe channeling
Whirling rage m4: 1200 aoe istant
penetrating arrow m4: 600 aoe istant + 750 dot

lots of shooting m4: 1200 aoe istant
arrer o'mork m4: 600 aoe istant + 750 dot
winf up da waaagh m4: 1200 aoe istant

soul leak m4: 1200 aoe dot + effect
Deamonic scream m4: 1200 aoe istant
Fyrewim of Tzeench: 1500 aoe dot for x second (i fixed this myself to write something)

scattershoot m4: 1800 aoe channeling
Artillery barrage m4: 1800 aoe channeling
Fling explosive m4: 1800 aoe channeling

Flames of the phoenix m4: 1800 aoe channeling

etc
-remove morales 9 target cap post values nerf (anyone in the moral range get hit so no more ez mode for kill strong ppl (just 9 strong opponents) but ez mode to deal with midless zerg aka hit anyone for less than originally.
-add negative mods to moral gain if you localy outnumber the ppl (stll this should not stop or remove your moral by default it musdt act as a form of minor compensation: for exemple if both realms have access to moral drain then if max base is 36/s , overnumbering realm can have min post negative mode 18/s at "max" negative mod), you cant no more get advantage of the blob your realm can daily have vs inferior number (this is think as if a side alredy have m2 then the other can reach m4 togheter with him if they start to fight when one is m2 and the other is m0).
-in oRvR npc can no more generate morales; so for exemple keep lord /guards will no longer build moral inside lord room (this is need to balance keep sieges with morales when the attacking side alredy inside is more numberous then the defender one trying to push bottom floor)
-change all the morales tactic to grant the boost only when hit or being hit by an enemy in 30 feet range max ( this comprehend ch/bo/bw/sorc/shamm/wl tactics )
-change am moral tactic to work only if both the user and the target are in combat (at combat end, the behaviour in drop must be the normal one but am pump will not work)
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramasee

Post#75 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Acidic wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:02 am It maybe helpful if we could get one of the mods or Azeral to sum up their take if the moral redesign thread, just so we can see what the official view of this thread is. This will help so we can identify if there is anything more to talk about/things not clarified yet.
Azareal stated in one thread (maybe this one?) that he has no horse in this race. As in he does not partake in large scale fights. I'm fairly certain both Dansari and Ptp3 are 6 man guys, but they are just moderators/discussion facilitators and not developers. So they are just dredging through our muck looking for the good ideas that pop up on occasion.

Edit to add quote since I found it in like 10s.
Azarael wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:19 pm Indeed. As previously stated, I would love nothing more than if someone else on the team were able to handle large scale design. I don't have a horse in this race.

peterthepan3

Post#76 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Going to lock this for now. Thanks for all of your contributions.