Recent Topics

Ads

[AM/Sham] Asuryan and Gork Trees [Close Date Aug 14]

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Telen
Suspended

Re: [AM/Sham] Asuryan and Gork Trees [Close Date Aug 14]

Post#101 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:24 pm

ferraz19 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 pm Shaman vs Am 1v1, youre gonna tell me that its not OP af that 1 can cleanse eveything while the other cant? :)
make it so both cant or both can imo
If you want to make it so WP cleanse Shaman instead of AM and Shaman cleanse AM instead of DoK by all means. I think we should do that change right now please. Can you not see how avoiding the gcleanse is a big benefit?
Last edited by Telen on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#102 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:28 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:07 pm The people that need to know who my characters are- know who my characters are.
I just dont take people seriously if I dont know their characters. I have a Shaman alt called Snotwart Ive been messing about on.

catholicism198

Post#103 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:28 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:07 pm The people that need to know who my characters are- know who my characters are.
I just dont take people seriously if I dont know their characters. I have a Shaman alt called Snotwart Ive been messing about on.
That's your prerogative?

My shaman is r40 rr50, I don't main him though- I main a Magus.

ferraz19

Post#104 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Yea, the cleanse thing is besides the point. its mainly frustration xD :lol:

Telen
Suspended

Post#105 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

ferraz19 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 pm Yea, the cleanse thing is besides the point. its mainly frustration xD :lol:
Cleanse isnt beside the point. Shaman have one less dot and a 30s hdebuff because they avoid the gcleanse spam. Theres no way they can be given a 100% uptime hdebuff that the main cleanse class doesnt hit.

Anyway I jumped on my 34/27 green gear Shaman that I havent touched in over a year to try an sc.
Spoiler:
Very little difference in the damage and healing when you keep your toughness debuff on people and the dots hang around longer without dok cleanse spam. Id say if I fully geared it would be in a better spot than AM just due to the debuff on their burst rotation. If BFA wasnt just about to launch I would have played him a bit more because its a very fun class with some of the best animations.
Last edited by Telen on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

live4treasure

Post#106 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am

Played vs Hym in an SC where he got stomped, and I assume this is the reason for his recent strings of "dps shaman is a joke" posts. Not to insult you, man, but you are a healer main. I checked your gear right after that SC because I know you are rr 82, and I can only assume that this is your first time playing dps shaman.

First off, you aren't optimally geared. Second, I assume you also didn't spend your renown correctly, because I crit almost every attack I threw at you, which is usually a sign. Third, it so happened I was in a group with 2 tanks and 3 pure healers that just focused all their attention on keeping me alive, so lol. And fourth... you were just running around throwing dots at me, you barely ever stopped to cast a single stationary spell and I'm pretty sure you didn't even have DWiC specced for timestamp 100 ft range burst, since you never tried it. Nothing against you personally, man, but this is a l2p issue. I've seen some insane dps shamans over my time on ror, but they are few and far in between. (likely because glorious elven ubermage is master race of fashionhammer compared to small green mushroom addict people :D )
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

dshdf

Post#107 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am

Telen wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am
Anyway I jumped on my 34/27 green gear Shaman that I havent touched in over a year to try an sc.
so you've played 10 min on sham over last year and feel that it's enough to understand how things goin overall?
live4treasure wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am

First off, you aren't optimally geared. Second, I assume you also didn't spend your renown correctly, because I crit almost every attack I threw at you, which is usually a sign. Third, it so happened I was in a group with 2 tanks and 3 pure healers that just focused all their attention on keeping me alive, so lol. And fourth... you were just running around throwing dots at me, you barely ever stopped to cast a single stationary spell and I'm pretty sure you didn't even have DWiC specced for timestamp 100 ft range burst, since you never tried it. Nothing against you personally, man, but this is a l2p issue. I've seen some insane dps shamans over my time on ror, but they are few and far in between. (likely because glorious elven ubermage is master race of fashionhammer compared to small green mushroom addict people :D )
actlly i belive that we should rise talks about some gear for dd am/sham, especially rr45 sc "dd" weapon and lack of int set bonuses. Its kinda hard to be "not optimally geared, and even to have any versality

about rr: dd shaman rn have no other choice than to invest into int and striketrough (64rr pt for 120 int and 9% striketrough), if you dont your kill potential will be close to zero (like 3 kills with 113k dmg on Telen screen). As dd sham you just have no rr to effictevely invest into -crit.
Also DWIC is 80, not 100 ft and doesnt not outperform brainbursta in terms of singletarget burst

ferraz19

Post#108 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

live4treasure wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am Played vs Hym in an SC where he got stomped, and I assume this is the reason for his recent strings of "dps shaman is a joke" posts. Not to insult you, man, but you are a healer main. I checked your gear right after that SC because I know you are rr 82, and I can only assume that this is your first time playing dps shaman.

Last edited by ferraz19 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
ferraz19

Post#109 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:47 am

ferraz19 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am
live4treasure wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am Played vs Hym in an SC where he got stomped, and I assume this is the reason for his recent strings of "dps shaman is a joke" posts. Not to insult you, man, but you are a healer main. I checked your gear right after that SC because I know you are rr 82, and I can only assume that this is your first time playing dps shaman.

So let me get this straight, you are basing my opinion on the whole DPS shaman class on one inbalanced pug SC i had agaisnt you? (if im assuming the person correctly)

And he is also claiming that he knew exactly which rotations i was using? Wait, did he also know which spec i was running as well?
I've plenty of screenshots of me killing it as DPS shaman in the past and people i play with know what ive done on DPS shaman.

Good Luck basing someone's ability or know-how on 1 shiety pug SC, m8. You said it wasnt personal but it seems a bit that way..lol

Did I /lol too many times? Do the /lol's hurt? Cuz that isnt personal, all in good laughs.

Lol, what is this

Telen
Suspended

Post#110 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am

dshdf wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am so you've played 10 min on sham over last year and feel that it's enough to understand how things goin overall?
Well I played it to 80. Played its mirror pretty much nightly for 5 years. I dont need to play it as dps on both hasnt changed except for the lifetap tree nerf. I still know enough about it to jump on an ungeared one and out damage 90% of Shaman dps. Reason: Its a player issue. Des players wont play bad classes or specs. Order players will thats why there were tons of Engies and maybe 2 Magus on my server on live. Order players play the classes they like not whats best. Thats why there are dps AM and every dps Shaman has rolled Magus while all those AM could do 2x the damage on a Engie.