Recent Topics

Ads

[BO] Keep it Goin!

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Nefarian78

[BO] Keep it Goin!

Post#1 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:33 pm

ISSUES: This tactic is just useless. Big Slash isn't a skill you use to deal damage, the damage increase is not needed and is also non-existent. The 10 AP cost reduction is not needed and won't make any difference at all.

SOLUTIONS:
(I'm not going to add the parry buff number or the buff duration in my suggestion, the dev team will decide what they feel is balanced.)

1- Each time you successfully complete a T'ree Hit Combo channel (from start to finish) you get a stacking parry buff. When you fail to completely channel THC 2 stacks will be lost. Max 3/4 stacks, can't be shattered.

2- Grants a 10% parry-dodge-disrupt buff that lasts 5/10 seconds on crits. Does not refresh, greatweapon requirement. (Suggested by Tesq)

3- Each time you parry an attack, you gain a stacking 5% parry-dodge-disrupt. Max 3 stacks, greatweapon requirement. (Also suggested by Tesq
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [BO] Keep it Goin! [Close Date: 12th August]

Post#2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Open for Discussion. Close date: 12th August

Worth noting that 'You Wot?' has served as a significant defensive buff - as well as offensive - so if the tactic were to be made significantly better, it may need to be moved up a bit/something something...

I am a fan of the 3rd idea, as this would alleviate some of the issues 2H BO have (outside of the 15 point spec) in mitigating/evading damage/functioning as an offtank (which means tanking guard damage).

Acidic

Post#3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Solution 3 would be my go to choice.
the parry proc means it not a coverall as it will only proc on physical attacks
The total at 15% is also not a massive over the top kill all type buff
This would in my opinion bring the survivability of the 2h build into playable

Gangan

Post#4 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:52 pm

The 2nd and 3rd idea sound interesting, both are good ways to help 2h-bos to become tougher. They both suggest basically the same concept and I would prefer the on crit-proc, as it would fit into the aggressive offensive way a BO fights ;)
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Tesq

Post#5 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:53 pm

Want to add that post buff and in line with an offensive gameplay, to make 3rd solution more challenging the tactic could also not refresh post 3rd stack and decay completly and have to be redo fully from stack zero.

And the condition can both be parry or crit imo pick what you prefer that feel more challenging.

Words to BO player

Athergic

Post#6 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:45 pm

This tactic is in the brawler tree, and the ability is now in the toughest tree. Does that have any effect on this proposal? It seems like a pointless tactic now even more so. Maybe the tactic should be tied to da big un now?
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Nefarian78

Post#7 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Just wanted to point out that Tesq and I made this proposal before You Wot?!? or 15pts abilities was a thing.
Athergic wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:45 pm This tactic is in the brawler tree, and the ability is now in the toughest tree. Does that have any effect on this proposal? It seems like a pointless tactic now even more so. Maybe the tactic should be tied to da big un now?
Just switching the tactic to work with Big 'Un doesn't solve anything. Big 'Un doesn't cost AP and the damage increase isn't going to change anything at all. I really have no idea why Big 'Un was moved in Brawler, since it still hits for 100-250 dmg at best with almost 800str on my BO. 9/10 times, it's just a waste of a Best Plan.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Athergic

Post#8 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm Just wanted to point out that Tesq and I made this proposal before You Wot?!? or 15pts abilities was a thing.
Athergic wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:45 pm This tactic is in the brawler tree, and the ability is now in the toughest tree. Does that have any effect on this proposal? It seems like a pointless tactic now even more so. Maybe the tactic should be tied to da big un now?
Just switching the tactic to work with Big 'Un doesn't solve anything. Big 'Un doesn't cost AP and the damage increase isn't going to change anything at all. I really have no idea why Big 'Un was moved in Brawler, since it still hits for 100-250 dmg at best with almost 800str on my BO. 9/10 times, it's just a waste of a Best Plan.
Sorry the last part of my post was a complete after thought, and is not pertaining to your suggestion. At first I thought it was still tied to big slash some how.

With weapon proc, and this stacked parry and you wot up I would have 73 percent chance to parry on my black orc. I still wouldn't use it though, there are to many other good tactics. This would make 3 black orc tactics with parry attached to them, It would definitely be better than what it is now.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:53 pm Want to add that post buff and in line with an offensive gameplay, to make 3rd solution more challenging the tactic could also not refresh post 3rd stack and decay completly and have to be redo fully from stack zero.

And the condition can both be parry or crit imo pick what you prefer that feel more challenging.

Words to BO player
Hmm why add the additional part, Don’t see this level of downsides on other classes tactics

Tesq

Post#10 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Acidic wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:37 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:53 pm Want to add that post buff and in line with an offensive gameplay, to make 3rd solution more challenging the tactic could also not refresh post 3rd stack and decay completly and have to be redo fully from stack zero.

Words to BO player
Hmm why add the additional part, Don’t see this level of downsides on other classes tactics
Is a cool meccanic with a bit of risky side , and as a push if the % are see as too strong due stack + refresh. (15% x3 is very good and i intended it as a bit of progression in build and in rebuild just like plans meccanic workS but not be linked to them. Crit is definetly harder to proc than parry; by give 2 diff condition to pick i allow dev to balance better the skill (crit is harder; it require melee range, actuall hit and crit, can proc only once x skill or max 2 with AA, while parry is a smooth choice which gona make it go good regardless anything when guard is on ).

Again word to BO players pick and debate on what you want i just clarify myself since the proposal was done pre 15 pt change :)

On a personal preference i like more the 3rd option too with the not refresh part on 3rd stack ; i'm just not convinced between parry and crits , still if you like more with out no refresh then go for it i wont stop you