Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Sweeping Slash

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
lefze
Suspended

Re: [SW] Sweeping Slash [Close Date 20th June]

Post#31 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 am

daniilpb wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:18 am
lefze wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:33 am
I'm just trying to make the skill something I might spec occasionally for the lulz because it's functional at least, which it definetly isn't at the moment.
I don't think it's a good reason to balance things. I believe, if you want to discuss something, you should stick to solutions which will lead to something useful, not lulz. So I wonder why you haven't edited your proposal yet with something related to utility, with moderators indulgence of course. Because, you know, you can't grant skill with 5 sec extremely valuable utility, maximum is some kind of debuff.
Again, I kinda tried, declined. Sweeping Slash was mentioned to have good AoE damage, which somehow is relevant. So while I disagree completely with several things that was mentioned both publicly and privately about the first proposal, there isn't really all that much I can do, besides suggesting improvements to the skill based on someone elses view.

And there is a lot of okay stuff that you only spec to have fun with, doesn't mean they need a buff. On the other hand, the stuff you wouldn't bother speccing for any reason whatsoever because it doesn't work, does warrant changes in my opinion, even if only to make it usable for fringe situations. Something is in most cases better than nothing, and in this particular case, it's not like I don't have mastery points to spare, I just choose to skip Sweeping Slash because it actually bring nothing at all contrary to what some might suggest.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: [SW] Sweeping Slash [Close Date 20th June]

Post#32 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:42 pm

lefze wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 am
daniilpb wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:18 am
lefze wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:33 am
I'm just trying to make the skill something I might spec occasionally for the lulz because it's functional at least, which it definetly isn't at the moment.
I don't think it's a good reason to balance things. I believe, if you want to discuss something, you should stick to solutions which will lead to something useful, not lulz. So I wonder why you haven't edited your proposal yet with something related to utility, with moderators indulgence of course. Because, you know, you can't grant skill with 5 sec extremely valuable utility, maximum is some kind of debuff.
Again, I kinda tried, declined. Sweeping Slash was mentioned to have good AoE damage, which somehow is relevant. So while I disagree completely with several things that was mentioned both publicly and privately about the first proposal, there isn't really all that much I can do, besides suggesting improvements to the skill based on someone elses view.

And there is a lot of okay stuff that you only spec to have fun with, doesn't mean they need a buff. On the other hand, the stuff you wouldn't bother speccing for any reason whatsoever because it doesn't work, does warrant changes in my opinion, even if only to make it usable for fringe situations. Something is in most cases better than nothing, and in this particular case, it's not like I don't have mastery points to spare, I just choose to skip Sweeping Slash because it actually bring nothing at all contrary to what some might suggest.
However, with the recent patch further gutting the specs use in the lakes, I have now updated the proposal.
Rip Phalanx