Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Jam Lock

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Bamboozeled

[WH] Jam Lock

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:28 am

I find myself as a WH main feeling like my role is WB and keep sieges is very limited. The abilities we do have Booby Trap and Faultfinder either don't work or and unused. So here is my first proposal which I don't know if it's even possible but after talking with others feel is would be a decent addition.

Jam Lock
2 min cooldown (5 mins possible depending on playtesting)

Would be just the opposite of pick lock. For 10 seconds disables postern or keep doors from being used in their normal fashion.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [WH] Jam Lock (New Ability Proposal)

Post#2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (11th July).

I like the idea of giving WH/WE more of a place within a WB/RvR environment - outside of solo ganking. The duration of the Jam Lock could be finetuned and played around with, as could the effect itself.

Tesq

Re: [WH] Jam Lock [Close Date 11th July]

Post#3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Spoiler:
im not against the idea per se but does that really fit with wh/we theme? im mean thay are not D&D "rouge/thief" they are "hunters" from shadows (stealth component)
They can bypass locks: it's not entirely alien to suggest that they could also jam the locks, too =P

Zaxxond

Post#4 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:33 pm

I like this idea. I suggest cool down timers on the doors for obvious reasons.

dansari

Post#5 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:33 pm I like this idea. I suggest cool down timers on the doors for obvious reasons.
Eh, even so.. 10s is not that long. Should try to play around with the timing.. best case for something like this could be a scenario where you lock in/out half a wb and get the jump on them. Would be fun to play around with.
<Salt Factory>

Zaxxond

Post#6 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:30 pm

dansari wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm
Zaxxond wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:33 pm I like this idea. I suggest cool down timers on the doors for obvious reasons.
Eh, even so.. 10s is not that long. Should try to play around with the timing.. best case for something like this could be a scenario where you lock in/out half a wb and get the jump on them. Would be fun to play around with.

There would be confusion for everyone if there is no immunity timer or ability count down timer.

And why make this applicable only to WH/WE's? This would be good for all MDPS.

For the record, I like this ability proposal and hope it sees the light of day.

BurbsToo
Banned

Post#7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:45 pm

I think this is a good idea. I hardly play my WH because I feel like I'm hurting the WB by just taking up a slot. I really think this should be implemented. Duration time and cool-down. Since there are so few WHs in RvR, I would think a 5 min cooldown would be fine. 10s duration seems good because if there are 3 WHs, that's still only 30 seconds.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Tesq wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 pm
Spoiler:
im not against the idea per se but does that really fit with wh/we theme? im mean thay are not D&D "rouge/thief" they are "hunters" from shadows (stealth component)
They can bypass locks: it's not entirely alien to suggest that they could also jam the locks, too =P
Well, given that they can already bypass locks, I don't think it's far fetched to suggest that they could jam said locks, too!

We can talk about theme if we want, and maybe it isn't in 100% accordance with the WE/WH theme: but a) theme can be subjective; b) I think balance/improving the viability of classes/specs in every PvP environment takes precedence over 'but the man in the pointy hat shouldn't be able to do that, as per rules and regulation #1023!'

Ads
Darks63

Post#9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Sounds good properly used you could screw over groups that like to jump in and out of the postern.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Tesq

Post#10 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Darks63 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 pm Sounds good properly used you could screw over groups that like to jump in and out of the postern.
my problem on this is that, to what extent?

ppl going def keep get lock out and zerg go and kill em by encircle em from both side , would that be nice?

the skill have to not aggravate the defender sich which can alredy ONLY use postern when ram is hitting main door (unless it bug ofc) .

also what of multiple wh/we keeping lock ppl outside for longer period, this would basically be a cheap exploit to compromise push from postern which are per se alredy hard since you go without view and dont know what happen on the otherside (and 1 wb camping on poster have only advantage).

not really much convinced this gona be used in legit/fun way with the rvr system. Unless postern get a sort of immunity of some mins.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.