Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Jam Lock

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
catholicism198

Re: [WH] Jam Lock (New Ability Proposal)

Post#11 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:56 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:18 pm Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (11th July).

I like the idea of giving WH/WE more of a place within a WB/RvR environment - outside of solo ganking. The duration of the Jam Lock could be finetuned and played around with, as could the effect itself.
Aside from solo trolling WBs trying to siege and already difficult to siege keep, I don't see how this would actually benefit WE/WH for WB/rvr play. WH/WE by design are meant for solo ganking.

This might be fun to talk about but won't serve much of a purpose other than trolling.

Ads
Bamboozeled

Re: [WH] Jam Lock [Close Date 11th July]

Post#12 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 pm

My idea behind this was sort of a crowd control tactic without actually being crowd control. I can think of many times where I've picked a lock to get away from someone only to have someone go through the same postern. If I could've jammed the lock behind me I possibly could've lived and avoided the warcamp. Controlling wbs that use posterns could give that extra bit of time for defenses to mount up or funnel them to the front for oil at times. Jumping down to jam a lock and cut a wb in half will almost likely be a suicide mission but it could turn the tide of battle. As for other MDPS classes doing this I don't know if it fits the "theme" some people are talking about but a lot of those other classes also find uses in WBs whereas the WH unless you're very good you seem to just be taking up a spot.

As for theme like I said you're picking a lock so who said you can't go through the door after you've picked it stick the pick in and break it off? essentially jamming said lock. WH themed are very cunning and carry a wide array of items on them to fight. Stakes, Holy Water, Lock Picks.

Keep in mind this will be just another ability that some won't use correctly, some won't use at all. But if used skillfully like a lot of things will prove to be very useful.

roadkillrobin

Post#13 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Won't really help the class(es) enough to bring em into the ORVR campain.
Also if this would be sucessfull enough, where you could perma lock posterns, then we're back to funnel heaven at main gate again.

Imo, the best sollution I can think of to make WH/WE effetive in ORVR is pretty much gonna revovle around that they can infiltrate into formation backlines and in some way lock down/weaken mulitple players in that backline enough to give your Vanguard a better fighting chance. I'm thinkin AoE outgoin healdebuff, AoE casttime increasers for example.
Something that also could help would be if Stealth actually let you avoid collition and walls to some extent to actually get in there.

Ramasee

Post#14 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Theme is a poor argument since neither the witch elf or witch hunter are particularly rogue-like in lore, they aren't so much in their toolkit in game either. As for jamming the lock in the way you state, such rudimentary things would fit a slayer or choppa which have no time to think of elaborate solutions. However putting a trap on the door is something a witch hunter via lore might do that other mdps wouldn't. (not witch elves, but they are so far away from lore in game its hardly funny). I'll come back to that.

Jamming the lock is too easy to lead to bad behaviors on the negative side of it. This is for not that great positive of maybe cutting a pug warband in half (most organized warbands countdown to go in and out of doors/tunnels.). Even if WHs/WEs obtained this ability (or any variation, even the one I post below) and it could be used to lock posterns for durations, I'm not sure they would still be welcomed into warbands. The class just isn't designed for AoE damage, nor does it have the style of damage that is useful in meta 12man roam.

Since the effect itself can be played around with, I suggest "Trap Door". For the next X seconds, any enemies that use this postern will take Y% increased damage from all sources for Zs. If possible, have the ability have a delayed application time. With the delayed time, the enemy warband would not know about it until after they had already full committed to the breach. (or at the very least slow them down as they wait for their one tank they sent in to scout to have the debuff or not).

Fey

Post#15 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Turn into a 10-second channel. Risk & reward my homie.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Tesq

Post#16 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Ramasee wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:39 pm
Since the effect itself can be played around with, I suggest "Trap Door". For the next X seconds, any enemies that use this postern will take Y% increased damage from all sources for Zs. If possible, have the ability have a delayed application time. With the delayed time, the enemy warband would not know about it until after they had already full committed to the breach. (or at the very least slow them down as they wait for their one tank they sent in to scout to have the debuff or not).
this is alredy better (than op proposal) in both way, thematically it will fit better , wh put a trap (in strict sense) or an anathema(?) and the WE a simple poison (to put it simple) , moreover due stacking dmg rules this wont make it op nor it would lead to unsportif behaviour.
Then for last it wont require an immunity on door.

i support this one.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darks63

Post#17 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:09 pm

Tesq wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm
Darks63 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 pm Sounds good properly used you could screw over groups that like to jump in and out of the postern.
my problem on this is that, to what extent?

ppl going def keep get lock out and zerg go and kill em by encircle em from both side , would that be nice?

the skill have to not aggravate the defender sich which can alredy ONLY use postern when ram is hitting main door (unless it bug ofc) .

also what of multiple wh/we keeping lock ppl outside for longer period, this would basically be a cheap exploit to compromise push from postern which are per se alredy hard since you go without view and dont know what happen on the otherside (and 1 wb camping on poster have only advantage).

not really much convinced this gona be used in legit/fun way with the rvr system. Unless postern get a sort of immunity of some mins.
If it was implemented it would need a CD for sure. It would be nice if there was a visual effect on the door in order to make it so you dont have to click on the door every 5 sec too. But the idea of booby trapping the doors that was proposed later in the thread is a even better idea.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.