Recent Topics

Ads

New Player Class advice?

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Battlefield

Re: New Player Class advice?

Post#11 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:15 am

Vri wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:57 pm
Battlefield wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:49 am
Vri wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:02 pm

Why bg ? Its my fav class but the specs are not new player friendly at all.
Because BG is too good and for buttons use sequencor addon 1.05
https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/sequencer/
BG 2h is nothing more than a caster killer, if it can even do that. At best in WB its a slow bot with some D-buff. BG tank needs a high skill cap to get the most out of it. You should know that. Seq isnt going to help anyone understand or play BG correctly.
also BG can get very high parry and 1k thougness and be strong melee

Ads
Vri

Post#12 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:16 am

Battlefield wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:15 am
Battlefield wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:49 am

Because BG is too good and for buttons use sequencor addon 1.05
https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/sequencer/
BG 2h is nothing more than a caster killer, if it can even do that. At best in WB its a slow bot with some D-buff. BG tank needs a high skill cap to get the most out of it. You should know that. Seq isnt going to help anyone understand or play BG correctly.
Not correct.

sharpblader

Post#13 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:07 am

Vri wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:16 am
Not correct.
They are correct. If built properly, BGs can be very strong against melee AND still be effective against casters. Just have to sacrifice Bolstering Anger and change tactics depending on who you are fighting.

Vri

Post#14 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:27 pm

sharpblader wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:07 am
Not correct.
They are correct. If built properly, BGs can be very strong against melee AND still be effective against casters. Just have to sacrifice Bolstering Anger and change tactics depending on who you are fighting.
isnt every spec if built correct ? BG isnt a new player class and the specs need a higher skill cap. You and the other guy are thinking of a well supported and healed BG 2h that has full support of a non pug wb.

sharpblader

Post#15 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:00 pm

Vri wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:27 pm
Not correct.
isnt every spec if built correct ? BG isnt a new player class and the specs need a higher skill cap. You and the other guy are thinking of a well supported and healed BG 2h that has full support of a non pug wb.
Not really, if that were true BWs/Sorcs could stack high parry and decimate anyone at melee range. I'm mostly talking about solo BG but my builds work well in all game modes really. But you are talking about two different things.

Fact Check: BG is not just a caster killer and can be strong against melee.

For a new player: Does sequencer make it easier to play? Yes. Does it make it easier to play BG compared to Chosen? No.

Vri

Post#16 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:25 pm

sharpblader wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:00 pm

Not really, if that were true BWs/Sorcs could stack high parry and decimate anyone at melee range. I'm mostly talking about solo BG but my builds work well in all game modes really. But you are talking about two different things.

For a new player: Does sequencer make it easier to play? Yes. Does it make it easier to play BG compared to Chosen? No.
We do not need to bring up other specs or classes into this.
BG isnt a new player spec, you need a higher skill cap.
BG 2h is debuff machine and super punter.
BG tanks are mostly unwanted, unless supported by a party or wb properly
You can find many threads on the forums regarding this topic.
BG specs are a death grind till better gear sets unless supoprted correctly.

sharpblader

Post#17 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Vri wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:25 pm

Well you brought it in first.

Thread on forum about something does not mean its true. I've been playing BG for better part of the year and from level 16 to 40 I've never been refused a pug spot. Just want to straighten things out in case a new player (and not a bot) is actually reading.

BluIzLucky

Post#18 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:03 pm

abiksa7 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:19 pm i will ask in this post cause i have similar question. I do some clearance on my acc. I want to have 1 destro and 1 order char instead of tons of toons.

Can U help me decide for what pair should i go? Perect choice is the class which have good or viable builds for both solo roaming and grp play.
BG + AM, both great solo, AM is S tier (with WH,WE and sham) and BG is probably A tier with very strong anti-melee and anti-caster builds and sustain.

Both are great in small scale and orvr WBs, only downside is really organized 24v24 (city and guild v guild) where both are either 1 or 2 off, so if you want that kind of hardcore content you'll have a bit harder time than on Kotbs or WP.

And while neither are great DPS, AM offers great hybrid and can do 8-10k 3s burst as full dps and I have seen BG a couple times in competitive cities run as DPS doing respectably.

So you'll get a good taste of everything with AM+BG combo.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Vri

Post#19 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:31 pm

sharpblader wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:34 pm
Vri wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:25 pm

Well you brought it in first.

Thread on forum about something does not mean its true. I've been playing BG for better part of the year and from level 16 to 40 I've never been refused a pug spot. Just want to straighten things out in case a new player (and not a bot) is actually reading.
I have only been talking about BG and not bringing in other classes and specs to back up a point, you did that. Right, it makes it a fact, which in turn is a truth. No one said playing a BG would get you turned down for pug play.

sharpblader

Post#20 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:47 pm

Not correct.
:!: isnt every spec if built correct ?
Seriously?

What are you even saying? "BG tanks are mostly unwanted, unless supported by a party or wb properly" Unwanted by who? The party or wb that is supposed to support BGs? Pugs that know they can't support a BG? Maybe something is getting lost in translation. If not, then you're making no sense.