Destruction, first time class for beginners and general tips?

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
meyre76

Destruction, first time class for beginners and general tips?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:21 pm

I played originally on release but never got far, been trying out some different classes but haven’t got the feel for it yet.

What classes do you recommend first play through?

Any general tips is welcome! null
xender
Last edited by meyre76 on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Dealba123

Re: Destruction, first time class for beginners and general tips?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:32 am

Hey man thats awesome you want yo play destro. That is what I roll with, but Role you can not go wrong. Play what you feel is fun for you, all have their own nuances just find one that fits your play style. Dps you cant go wrong, Healer/Tank class you will find them more sought after for any groups you will join.
Tips there is alot but here are some.
- save up to buy a mount at 60% speed for 100g in The IC totally worth
- Public Quests PQ's dont sleep on them they give alots of exp to bullet train to lvl40
- IMO best crafting skill is Talisman Making
- Try and make friends with people to play consistently with them lvling will be alot faster and add more to the experience to this already grand game. Best MMORPG IMO out of the countless other ones I played.

sgtnanners

Post#3 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:04 am

If I had to recommend a class it would be a tank or mdps specifically BlackOrc/Choppa/Chosen maybe Mara
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

Rorvid

Post#4 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:57 pm

tanks are not the same as they are in other mmos with pvp, i'd recomend one so you last longer to learn the game

Xeratuul

Post#5 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:47 pm

I'm downloading currently, I may go either DOK or Chosen can't decide just yet.

ChicagoJoe

Post#6 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:54 pm

Chosen is both the easiest to learn the tank mechanic on by far and great from beginning through and including end game. Probably best overall tank in game. You can still play 2H and be a tank/dps hybrid but for warbands go with shield and weapon. You can still switch throughout the game without penalty, so you can change things up a bit. Its a set and forget mechanic, then guard a dps or heal and challenge on cool down. You can even solo roam with a 2H Chosen.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

jshort

Post#7 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:50 pm

A big benefit of playing chosen (or tank/heal classes in general) is that you will have an easier time finding groups. So you will progress faster cause your role is often needed, finding groups for dungeon runs, and a spot in good wbs in rvr is usually no big deal. Even if they ask for rr60+ you can often get a spot at rr50+ cause the leader doesnt find any one else. And you can perform your role with lower gear (e.g. as a tank guarding your dps, solo tanking dungeons is duable in red eye/conq mix) where as a dps you will just die fast and dont deal dmg wihtout decent gear.

ChicagoJoe

Post#8 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:12 pm

jshort wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:50 pm A big benefit of playing chosen (or tank/heal classes in general) is that you will have an easier time finding groups. So you will progress faster cause your role is often needed, finding groups for dungeon runs, and a spot in good wbs in rvr is usually no big deal. Even if they ask for rr60+ you can often get a spot at rr50+ cause the leader doesnt find any one else. And you can perform your role with lower gear (e.g. as a tank guarding your dps, solo tanking dungeons is duable in red eye/conq mix) where as a dps you will just die fast and dont deal dmg wihtout decent gear.
+1 war bands always looking for Chosens. they have 3 party wide (6 people) helping auras each so you can have up to 6 running full time with 2. Massive help to party.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads